Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Walkaround of the Japanese horseshoe crab, Tachypleus tridentatus (Leach, 1819), by For Corporation - Another Aquarium, released in 2018. A little background on this figure. This figure was originally sculpted for the Season 2 line by Aquameridian and intended to be released in 2013. When sales for the first series were not as good as expected, Aquameridian canceled Season 2. Eventually, Aquameridian folded entirely (at least, their website has been down for a while). For Corporation bought the rights to several figures from both Season 1 and Season 2 and released them under the line, Another Aquarium. The accompanying paper for this figure, includes the original credits to Aquameridian and acknowledges the original sculptor.

The figure is a single-piece plastic, measuring 7.0 cm in length, making it roughly 1:10 for a maximum-sized specimen. Like all Aquameridian figures, it is intended to be attached to a plastic water stream, which in turn is attached to a trophy-like base with a placard with the Japanese and Latin names of the animal. The figure has two pegs to attach to the water stream, so it probably does not display well as a stand-alone figure. Also, like all figures, the water stream has an LED light in the base so it lights up when you flip a switch on the bottom (see last image below).

The figure is fairly comparable to the Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan figure (see 4th image, below), which it will replace for my Synoptic Display collection. The Kaiyodo figure has slightly more detail, but I love the dynamic display of the Aquameridian model.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm

That are interesting informations. I have seen the chinese dolphins and ask me what that is. It was the same like Aqua Meridian. Now i know more. Do you know more about that serie, especially what are the other figures?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 6:51 pm

widukind wrote:
That are interesting informations. I have seen the chinese dolphins and ask me what that is. It was the same like Aqua Meridian. Now i know more. Do you know more about that serie, especially what are the other figures?

I do not remember which ones in the set were re-released by For Corporation. The paper with mine has the original Season 2, some of which were never released I think...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 7:19 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

I do not remember which ones in the set were re-released by For Corporation. The paper with mine has the original Season 2, some of which were never released I think...

Could you please share a picture of the paper?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 6:04 pm

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

Could you please share a picture of the paper?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have not forgotten about your request. I am getting a couple fish from this line and I will image the papers together (assuming they are different).
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 pm

Here are the papers. The top one is from the original Series 1 by Aquameridian LTD. The bottom one is from For Corporation that includes figures from Series 1 and Series 2.

It was hard to photograph them and keep them flat. Hope you can see what you need. Don't hesitate to ask if you need clarification.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) EmptySat Oct 26, 2019 7:31 am

Very nice swimming horseshoe crab Very Happy

bmathison1972 wrote:

The figure is fairly comparable to the Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan figure (see 4th image, below), which it will replace for my Synoptic Display collection. The Kaiyodo figure has slightly more detail, but I love the dynamic display of the Aquameridian model.

I understand your choice, less detailed but the pose is amazing and it is so difficult to make a dynamic model of this kind of animal.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) EmptySat Oct 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Very nice swimming horseshoe crab  Very Happy

bmathison1972 wrote:

I understand your choice, less detailed but the pose is amazing and it is so difficult to make a dynamic model of this kind of animal.

Actually I kept both (of course - they are arthropods!). At first I only displayed one but now they are all out :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)   Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation) Empty

Back to top Go down

Japanese Horseshoe Crab (For Corporation)
Page 1 of 1