Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snub-nosed monkey 2019

Go down 
+4
widukind
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
Bloodrayne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

Snub-nosed monkey 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Snub-nosed monkey 2019   Snub-nosed monkey 2019 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 9:46 am

"The Golden Snub-nosed monkey, found in the snowy mountain ranges of Central and Southwest China, gets its name due to its unique nose.
The primate can withstand extremely cold temperatures, where no other non-human primates can survive. They are found in mountainous forests located 1500-3500 meters above sea level.
Over the years of its survival, the species has adapted and evolved to be able to survive in such an unforgiving habitat. They live in bands that can be 600 members strong and are known to defend their territory against neighbouring bands."

Safari ltd. gave us a snub-nosed monkey this year.
The figure, like most Safari ltd. figures, is quite big. About 6 cm tall.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is finely sculpted with lots of detail in the fur and face. And the paint job is great.
The way it's posed, huddled with its hands and feet pulled together, you can almost feel that freezing cold wind blowing.

Look at that fur!

Wonderfully painted with nice markings.

Nothing but praise for this figure from me. Get yourself one now!  Very Happy

(Mojo, CollectA, Kaiyodo, Safari ltd., Papo, Papo, Schleich)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Snub-nosed monkey 2019   Snub-nosed monkey 2019 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 12:28 pm

This is an absolutely wonderful model !!! cheers cheers cheers
And very brave of Safari to make one, considering so many people who think monkeys Very Happy

Thankyou for the comparison photo ! It is very useful Applause Applause

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Snub-nosed monkey 2019   Snub-nosed monkey 2019 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 12:51 pm

I have it too and it is very nice. True a tad big (Safari's scales are all over the map) but the detail is amazing. Nice comparison pic. Those are the examples I plan on getting for my Synoptic Collection (will have to hunt down the Diana and squirrel monkeys on eBay).
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Snub-nosed monkey 2019   Snub-nosed monkey 2019 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Snub-nosed monkey 2019   Snub-nosed monkey 2019 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Great! This piece is in my wishlist since the moment the announced it as new for 2019 (in december 2018). I agree, the comparison pic is extremely useful. Probably the scale is good or bad depending of what other monkeys you have. For the mandrill and Japanese macaque, yes it's too big, while for the golden lion tamarin is too small, and for the Sulawesi macaque and squirrel monkey probably fits very good! Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Snub-nosed monkey 2019   Snub-nosed monkey 2019 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Wonderful model. I need this one, too:)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Snub-nosed monkey 2019   Snub-nosed monkey 2019 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 12:23 am

Simmone, thanks for this wonderful presentation. It is all we need to know before acquiring or not a certain figure. I will surely join the club of those who will have it in their collections. We all know that figures are rarely made to be at a certain scale and surely it is somewhat big considering the species represented. Though, due to its pose, it doesn't result in a unpleasantly big figure and it works nicely to be displayed with other friends as we can see in your very useful comparison picture. monkey

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Snub-nosed monkey 2019   Snub-nosed monkey 2019 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 7:13 am

very clear and informative photos, thank you so much, Simone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snub-nosed monkey 2019   Snub-nosed monkey 2019 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snub-nosed monkey 2019
Page 1 of 1