Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

custom cheap Wild Republic serval

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

custom cheap Wild Republic serval Empty
PostSubject: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Last summer, visiting the felines parc of Coulommiers, I bought a set of rather ugly cats but  with a serval. My first serval!..but suffering 3 faults:
- too long tail
-right foreleg too advanced on the chest
-bad painting
so I decided to correct it to have at last, a serval in my cat family..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Mad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was rather happy to have a serval but it was a little too little for my cat family so, it was like a dream when I saw the new Safari ltd released one, and I commanded it as soon as possible on french ebay (to Germany).

But when I received it, it was a little to big!.. so I commanded the Kaiyodo  one which arrived today:

and..it 's like the Wild Republic, a little too small!.. the size indicated on ebay was not good! (around 8 cm but actually only 6,5 cm)..

..a little too big:

..a little too small:

..well, I succeed to survive 59 years during, without any serval and now I have 3 ones!.. I 'm not going to cry!.. but I hope this comparison will be useful to you!..

Last edited by Caracal on Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 10:02 pm

Oh, you passed from zero to three servals in almost no time! Well at least you can do now one of your family dioramas.
I receved the Kaiyodo serval yesterday too... and was very disappointed at it's minuscle size. Well, actually is not the serval what is small (it's good aside of my Schleich jaguar and Papo's snow leopard), but all my smaller mammals what are too big! But seeing the Collecta's fennec fox almost bigger than Kayiodo's serval is heartbreaking Sad

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 11:41 pm

..what a pity, I did this post to warn you about its small size!.. but too late.. sorry Pardofelis..
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 8:01 am

Oh, don't worry! I will keep it, it's a lovely model and better painted than the Safari's one :-)
I just was fooled by not exact measurement on the eBay page too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 3:05 pm

It seems there is no serval who serves you. I will get the Safari one although it is evident it is a little bigger than desired. I find the Kaiyodo a very good piece, maybe the nicest serval around.
Sorry for posting here a picture from Kikimalou's collection where you can see the Colorata serval with a Schleich human figure. Luckily, Christophe can show it with another serval to see how the comparison works

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 4:19 pm

great repaints!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 4:32 pm

Thank you SeanieP!..  Very Happy

thank you Rogério, this Colorata is a beautiful piece but it seems as little as the Kaiyodo one (may be even more)..

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 8:34 pm

With your picture reference, it gets clear, I guess and you are right it is also small. I haven't mentioned before but your repaints are very good as usual. cat The Wild Republic figure is not recognizable anymore due to its radical improvement.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 10:26 pm

thank you Rogério!..
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:34 pm

Phantastic work too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 12:26 am

thanks Andreas!.. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: custom cheap Wild Republic serval   custom cheap Wild Republic serval Empty

Back to top Go down

custom cheap Wild Republic serval
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: