Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou

Go down 
+8
SUSANNE
lucky luke
atabini
ken yeo
Roger
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
Kikimalou
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:37 pm

I'm very proud to tell you I'm now a member of the MOJO club.

The postwoman gaves me an unknown parcel yesterday... And what was inside the box ???  Suspect

A complete lion clan from Mr. James  Cool  Shocked  cheers .

What could I do with those new citizens ?  scratch  scratch  scratch

Some pics ! cheers

So here are the new MOJO lions team  king

Ladies and children first  Very Happy

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_1

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_2

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_3

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_4

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_5

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_6

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_7

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_8

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_9

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_10

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_11

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_12

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_13

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_14

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_15

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_16

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_17

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_18

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_19

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Mojo_lions_1_20

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:50 pm

With Mr MOJO lion  cat

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_-1957

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0924

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0927

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0928

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0929

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0930

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0931

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0932

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0933

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0934

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_-1952

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_-1953

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_-1954

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_-1955

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_-1956

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_-1958

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_-2055

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Harriet, my friend, I finished posting. You can comment Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:59 pm

Congrats Chris, they arrived... cheers

Male is my favorite from this family

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:07 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Harriet, my friend, I finished posting. You can comment Laughing cheers
Laughing
BIG congratulations Christophe cheers cheers I love them all, but especially the lion he is beautiful. Thank you for all the brilliant pictures cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 am

Christophe! What a Face cat This is a wonderful topic with many fantastic pictures and all figures are absolutly great, Mojo and Papo of course! It's incredible, everything is beautiful and your lens show it in a clear way! When I told Mr. James about you I was sure that your way to say thanks would be made in the most and divinal way! Congratulations for your new fantastic additions, my friend, lions lover, and I want this lioness and the ohter cub too! I want all the family! Great, Great!!!! cheers cheers cheers monkey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 am

Finally a review here! the lioness doesn't seen to impress me or maybe compared with Papo lioness. The details is still lack of something & especially on the face apparent and hoping mojo will improves on that.

For the lion: I like the pose only.

atabini

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:38 am

Hi Christophe,

Congratulations on the Lion family, they are great. Maybe some thing to improve but a very impressive family.

Alejandro
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 am

Thank you everybody... and thank you Rogério and... Mr James.

First I let the pics spoke, but now it's time for me to comment Wink

Those models are IMHO excellent, far better than I thought.

The pose are good and realistic, the lion is especially impressive with his hunting pose Cool .

The sculpting are also very good. Maybe just a little bit straight ( like the ears holes for example) but very sharp-cut.

The painting is very fine too, I like the way the shadows are made, not a bit too blurred as a Schleich and not a bit too sharp and dark like a Safari Ltd. Maybe, like the sculpting, we could say it is a little bit too straight. Look at the chops hairs and you will feel what I mean, or the neck of the young giraffe. But ok, it seems very hard to be on the right edge between "too much precision" and "too much confusion". Again, for a new line, I think " too much precision" is not the worse Wink Laughing
The other drawback is the painting seems a bit fragile but maybe it could be easily changed in the future.

Even if the details on the fur are less visible than on PAPO, they are very fine.

The main problem of these models is to be borned in a world where PAPO rule the big cats area... The challenge is very hard ! But I think the MOJO lions can compete and even if they don't have the gold medal.. Without doubt, they are on the podium Cool

My conclusion : The MOJO lions and, I think, wildlife models are very accurate models, seriously made and can enjoy easily a collector cheers

My wish is the new models could be a bit less straight and strict to gain a bit more personnality and "fluidity".

Nevertheless, I already now I will collect more MOJO wildlife. You know I don't collect every models of every brand and I don't keep models I don't like enough. For the MOJO lion family... They will stay with me and the PAPO tribe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:44 am

Hello Christophe,

Congratulations to forfeiture of the Lion family, they're cute Maybe something to improve it with paint, there are a few scratches, but a family quite suitable with nice raises.
I agree with you can claim a place on the podium.
Moyo pleased to begin settling the French territory. sunny cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Congratulations Christophe for your wonderful new lion family flower

They are certainly on my wish list.

I like the way they are almost sculptured with "fluid" lines.
The detail of the Papo-lions`s is fabulous, but these are differnet, and that is GREAT !
It does not make sence to just make another Papo-figuere, IMHOP, as Christoph says Laughing

I am sure the problem with fragile paint HAS to be corrected, nobody will buy a figuere where the paint peels Wink
But it can be corrected, they CAN do it, as I see on the ones I got. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Gast

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Congrat!, is it a sample? why there is some paint off on the lion??
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Thank you Susanne, Jean-Luc and Samson. Very Happy

Samson, It is a sample I guess.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Susanne, Jean-Luc and Samson. Very Happy

Samson, It is a sample I guess.

Yes, Christophe! This is a sample like my lion is! :)
Mine is not undermarked with the name Mojo and have a special smell, I'm very proud to have it, I'm seeing a new brand borning and have in my collection not final products!
I'm sure it will be easy to find a Mojo regular lion and not a sample!
This is a development figure! cat :)
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou DSC_0933

Congratulations.  Wonderful additions.  This has to be my favorite photo.  There is just something about it that I love.  My only complaint is about the paint rubs, but that can be fixed.  You have a lovely lion family.  Can't wait to get some myself.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Thank you Amy Very Happy

As Roger explained, it is not a definitive product so I'm sure the painting on the models will be less fragile but to knwo that, we will have to wait and save money Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:08 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Finally a review here! the lioness doesn't seen to impress me or maybe compared with Papo lioness. The details is still lack of something & especially on the face apparent and hoping mojo will improves on that.

Hi, Ken! Where did you find other reviews from Mojo figures? Suspect
Thanks for your opinions about the lioness, anyway I think the developer will not understand it! I know that in the market there's no fantastic lions, it's hard to make it, for example, all the 5 lions I know from Schleich are really bad, really bad, decads of experience and total lac of capacity to make a decent lion! Anyway I think the Papo have nice points, still the best, CollectA is interesting but controversial and this Mojo, I think, is already second and the best balanced in body proportions!
Safari is a very nice brand with a long history and I never saw a nice lion in their regular series!
I'll make a tread, in near future, about some retired and still in production lions! Very Happy

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Definately save money. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:11 pm

I agree with you Roger for a lot of things except SAFARI Ltd made a very excellent lion... But alas in the BIG Wildlife wonders serie Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Roger wrote:

I'll make a tread, in near future, about some retired and still in production lions! Very Happy

Ohhh, yes, please, please bounce bounce cheers

PS : I just had a thought (Auch! ) , - The fantastic detali of the Papo lion is unique and beautyful.
But can you imaginge a small child who just ate a jam sandwich and played vith the cat, handling the lion ? I
It will soon be very, very dirty What a Face
Apart from the fact that i love the Mojo lion, it is perhaps more suited for playing with ?

PPS : If the Mojo-lions were made of a darker material, the small rubs would not be nearly as visible.
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:44 am

Roger wrote:
ken yeo wrote:

Hi, Ken! Where did you find other reviews from Mojo figures? Suspect
Thanks for your opinions about the lioness, anyway I think the developer will not understand it! I know that in the market there's no fantastic lions, it's hard to make it, for example, all the 5 lions I know from Schleich are really bad, really bad, decads of experience and total lac of capacity to make a decent lion! Anyway I think the Papo have nice points, still the best, CollectA is interesting but controversial and this Mojo, I think, is already second and the best balanced in body proportions!
Safari is a very nice brand with a long history and I never saw a nice lion in their regular series!

Hi, Ken! Where did you find other reviews from Mojo figures?
No other review : except for this

Roger, I do not want to compared with schleich lion family as I am not pleasing at all except for the male lion. the reason for me to compared with Papo as everyone knows that they made the best "big cats family" at the moment.

Obviously I would like to see another up and coming competitor to complete with them. And also this is only a sample. Hopefully there can revised the paint & add more details on the second production.

Safari till now have not make any nice lions on wildlife series that I can agreed. But the 2011 releases have show some improvement and the best lion for me is their wildlife wonder series.

Collecta Lion 2010 releases is interesting too! But the paint job is too contrasts.

How about Bullyland? I think there should be consider to retired the lion and make new one.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:07 pm

ken yeo wrote:
[quote="
Safari till now have not make any nice lions on wildlife series that I can agreed. But the 2011 releases have show some improvement and the best lion for me is their wildlife wonder series.

Ken, now I'm understanding! Very Happy
Anyway I don't considere this Safari lion, is a completly different range of animals, softer, hollow and much more expensive, with the money of this 25cm lion I can buy the Papo, Mojo and CollectA!
I don't know it and I don't like be conclusive about something that I only know from pictures! But it doesn't impress me, first the pose, this is what I call a half walking pose, half back the lion is walking while the front is stoped, strange??? The body in the pictures looks very short, not some short, very! The belly and chest makes a triangle and some more doubts that without the figure I can't be sure!
Anyway looks nicer than the 2011 new regular sized lion! ...and it have your and Kiki's agreement. Is there any review of this Safari WW figure?:)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Roger wrote:
Is there any review of this Safari WW figure?:)

Ask Mrs. Pariente to send me one and I will do the job of course cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Ask Mrs. Pariente to send me one and I will do the job of course cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing

If I was a developer of a brand I'll do it for sure! Your reviews are great promotional for the figures! Fantastic pictures in a important forum and in your great website!:)
Anyway I never contacted Mr. Pariente but he should be a member of this forum! :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

If I was a developer of a brand I'll do it for sure! Your reviews are great promotional for the figures! Fantastic pictures in a important forum and in your great website!:)
Anyway I never contacted Mr. Pariente but he should be a member of this forum! :)

Mr. Pariente - Where are you? confused confused

PostSubject: Re: MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou   MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

MOJO : The lions family walkaround review by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next