Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

old Europa!

Go down 
+30
Farm collector
sunny
spacelab
George
Babdo
pipsxlch
Jill
Pardofelis
Birdsage
Bonnie
costicuba
RtasVadumee
Taos
Komodo
Seeway
Liiolii
landrover
Chris Sweetman
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
75senta75
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
SUSANNE
zirkoon
widukind
Roger
Tove
bmathison1972
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

old Europa! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2021 1:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
  last version from Scleich and old Bully (last picture)
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2021 4:43 pm

Very beautiful and elegant!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2021 5:25 pm

What a quiet and delicious moment drunken Thank you Alain Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
What a quiet and delicious moment

I agree!
Alain, can this swan float?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2021 8:58 pm

Very Happy many thanks to you three Shanti, Christophe and Constantin!

Constantin, this Schleich swan, unlike sharks from the same brand, doesn't float..
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 10:36 am

I think i know this place :) because i was sometimes there Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 12:20 pm

widukind wrote:
I think i know this place :) because i was sometimes there Very Happy

Very Happy You're right, I think you know this pond very well!..  Thank you Andreas! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 1:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorraia horses, the portuguese tarpans! (Schleich 2021)

Last edited by Caracal on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 3:24 pm

The Portugese Tarpan, great name and models! Congrats on the new additions. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 3:25 pm

I love these photos! Such beautiful backgrounds!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 4:41 pm

My eyes play tricks... especially in the 3rd photo the horses seem like they're hovering...Shocked
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 4:56 pm

Very Happy  Many thanks Paige, Jolie and Constantin!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 5:28 pm

spacelab wrote:
My eyes play tricks... especially in the 3rd photo the horses seem like they're hovering...Shocked  

The same for me cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 7:12 pm

..  maybe the contrast between the light ground and the dark hooves.. and the lack of shadow in some pictures.. :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:44 pm

Nevertheless I love this pic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 11:53 pm

It was fast, I have just suggested this model and here it is wonderfully pictured! I love also the Portuguese Tarpan name but I enjoy to call them zebros.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 12:29 am

Of course! "zebros" it's its true name as "konik" for the polish tarpan but the important for me was to point the link with ancien european wild horse called "tarpan". :)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 4:46 pm

Actually the "zebros" were more a kind of onager, a wild ass rather than a horse. Zebras got its name fom them, after humans exterminated the zebros or encebros, not so many centuries ago.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 5:25 pm

.. but where did they live these"zebros"?.. in Portugal too?.. could  they have been the last Equus hydrontinuus, the european hemione?..

it wouldn't be very surprising because the iberic peninsula remained a long time a kind of refuge for prehistoric species who had lived in the whoole Europa before. See Homo Neanderthalensis, Lynx pardina, maybe Panthera pardus and many others!.. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 11:10 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Actually the "zebros" were more a kind of onager, a wild ass rather than a horse. Zebras got its name fom them, after humans exterminated the zebros or encebros, not so many centuries ago.

Correct Equus hydruntinus is the zebro and it is more like a donkey. however, traditionally, Sorraias were also known as zebros even if it is believed they are related with Tarpans (Equus ferus ferus). Portuguese gave the name to the African striped and horse like creatures when they explored the African coast with some incursions on land. At that time "Spanish" saylors were not allowed to navigate along the African coast. OK, except Northern coast but there aren't zebras there. I know the word cebro is also used in Spain, so there was no risk of using caballito rayado para las cebras. Laughing

Caracal wrote:
.. but where did they live these"zebros"?.. in Portugal too?.. could  they have been the last Equus hydrontinuus, the european hemione?..

it wouldn't be very surprising because the iberic peninsula remained a long time a kind of refuge for prehistoric species who had lived in the whoole Europa before. See Homo Neanderthalensis, Lynx pardina, maybe Panthera pardus and many others!.. :)

Yes, Portugal and Spain. Iberrian fauna is and was always very interesting, I think pyrennees acted as a kind of giant wall.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 3:43 am

Rogerio, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going on what I've read. The Sorraia went through a very serious bottleneck in the last century, and the landrace as present does not carry through all the traits it was historically known for. One of the most prominent but lost traits is what horsemen call primitive markings- or striping. One rarely sees on modern horsesmore than a faint zebra like striping on the legs and/or cross bar on the shoulders like a donkey, maybe rarely faint striping on the face called cobwebbing. Very rarely there may even be shadow striping on the neck and body. Apparently from historical records, Sorraias commonly had primitive markings, and had them to a degree rarely if ever seen in other horses. Makes calling them and the African equines 'zebros' make sense.

I'd like to see one of our talented horse painters give this Sorraia primitive markings.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 9:39 am

good idea Pipsxich! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 12:09 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Rogerio, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going on what I've read. The Sorraia went through a very serious bottleneck in the last century, and the landrace as present does not carry through all the traits it was historically known for. One of the most prominent but lost traits is what horsemen call primitive markings- or striping. One rarely sees on modern horsesmore than a faint zebra like striping on the legs and/or cross bar on the shoulders like a donkey, maybe rarely faint striping on the face called cobwebbing. Very rarely there may even be shadow striping on the neck and body. Apparently from historical records, Sorraias commonly had primitive markings, and had them to a degree rarely if ever seen in other horses. Makes calling them and the African equines 'zebros' make sense.

I'd like to see one of our talented horse painters give this Sorraia primitive markings.

Correct, they haven't changed since they were rediscovered in 1920. However, they all discend from a group of 10 horses, thus a serious bottleneck happened and it still faces some consanguinity problems.
Much probably, that group of horses found in 1920 was not anymore pure and a few crosses with other horses may have happened and contributing to a lower extent of their primitive markings. Though, Sorraias still preserve primitive markings like those you mentioned, probably not as conspicuous as their predecessors but they haven't lost it. About the specific kind of horse that originated the Sorraia, it is still under debat. They call the type 3, the Iberian horse and Tarpan is not exactly an Iberian horse. Apparently, the zebro is a better option because of its subconvex head profile typical of the horse of this region. They tell it because the horses painted in Ronda caves (South Spain) show this kind of horse with convex head and arched neck. Whatever it is, Sorraia was never a domestic horse.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 1:34 pm

pipsxlch wrote:

I've just had a look through my body box of mini Breyers to see if I could be the one to offer up a different brand Sorraia custom to half-satisfy this request, but sadly I don't have any suitable moulds right now. I think the one known as Mirado would be the best match, but I can't get hold of one at the moment (Breyer's having shipping container issues, the UK haven't been sent any stock for months so anything which sold out earlier this year is staying sold out Sad )

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 4:40 pm

I love these photos, they look magnificent as a pair galloping through the forest, really realistic and definitely an improvement compared to previous Schleich horses! cheers I love the way you have captured the lighting, it really brings out the best features of the horses! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: old Europa!   old Europa! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

old Europa!
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Dioramas & Outdoor photos-
Jump to: