Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki

Go down 
+30
bmathison1972
Joliezac
Spinosaurus
Stripedhyena
endogenylove
Koikinguu
Gecko08
Jill
Taos
George
Roy-Swetsie
Babdo
ikessauro
Birdsage
cmj3
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tiermann
SUSANNE
Dutch Bear
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Advicot
spacelab
rogerpgvg
sbell
aschuck
pipsxlch
Wienerwald
jarda
Pardofelis
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 7:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The red version is supposed to be an Edaphosaurus in the video, it is even written on the belly.

So I think this Spinosaurus is an Edaphosaurus disguised in Dimetrodon. Laughing

Laughing Chinasaurs are for true experts. Laughing Wink
Do you have Twitter? Here someone tells about a Spinosaurus marked version but I don't want to register on Twitter just because of it. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 7:13 pm

I don't collect Twittosaurs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 4:44 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I don't collect Twittosaurs Laughing

lol!

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:36 am

Issues with Animal, other Life kingdoms and Legendary creatures:

* Ediacaran Biota does not have an image. Before I removed this group, its image was File:Ediacaran.jpg.
* I was wondering where the horseshoe worms went, then it turned out that they were under Brachiozoa, described as "Brachiopods and relatives". I didn't know that horseshoe worms were related to brachiopods.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 10:13 am

Spinosaurus wrote:

* Ediacaran Biota does not have an image. Before I removed this group, its image was File:Ediacaran.jpg.
* I was wondering where the horseshoe worms went, then it turned out that they were under Brachiozoa, described as "Brachiopods and relatives". I didn't know that horseshoe worms were related to brachiopods.

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're wasting our time Palmface
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 10:21 am

I made a correction on the TAW Main page, if a collector disagree, please tell us. Very Happy

Here is the new one:

Welcome to the Toy Animal Wiki!

Our mission is to establish an encyclopedia that showcases every animal figurine and the maker thereof. This wiki is designed as a community project, and we invite Animal toys collectors who so desires to participate. To discuss this project, visit the STS forum.

Colector's help is needed! Please visit the Editor page to learn about creating an editing account. Additionally, you can participate by providing information (i.e. lists of animals by brand, links to good web resources, or any other information you notice is missing) through the the STS forum or contact us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 10:23 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Spinosaurus wrote:

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're wasting our time Palmface

Let's put aside our differences. This is not the thread to argue about whether I should be allowed to edit the wiki or not. Let's just focus on these issues.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 10:32 am

Listen my boy, everyone has understood here that you are not at all interested in our hobby and that you know nothing about it.
You are obviously the only one who does not understand that you are incongruous in this place. STS is an International community of Animal replica collectors. You already said you aren't a collector. Your place is not here.
It's not a collector who tells you, it's one of the Administrators of this forum.
Do you want to play Wikipedia? well ! Create your own site instead of bothering people with questions that only interest you. Create your own site instead of wanting to edit a Wiki centered on a subject that you don't know and that doesn't even interest you.
Do you want to be useful? Go play somewhere else!
Back to top Go down
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 10:46 am

@Kikimalou If anyone else had raised the same issues as me, I don't think you would have dismissed it as "wasting our time". Most people probably don't understand that horseshoe worms are related to brachiopods. Most people probably don't even know what a brachiopod is.

And TAW generally uses photos for all groups. It is probably especially important for a period-based, polyphyletic non-taxon like Ediacaran Biota whose members don't even look similar to one another to use a photo. Seeing those toys, I don't think too many people would expect them to be grouped together. Maybe the reason no one complains about Ediacaran Biota is because they are very few figures.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 10:59 am

Kikimalou wrote:
everyone has understood here that you are not at all interested in our hobby and that you know nothing about it.

Being a non-collector does not mean that I have no interest in toy animals. I may not collect toy animals, but I am interested in animals. While real animals fascinate me more than toy ones, I still have some interest in toy animals. I just don't know where you got the notion that everyone is either a toy animal collector or completely uninterested in toy animals. Most people are probably somewhere in between. Most people who buy toy animals are not collectors. If I really was completely uninterested, do you think I would edit this wiki? My reason for signing up was to add the few toys that I had as a non-collector. It was not to fix the taxonomy.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 11:02 am

Most people understand that this forum is related to Animal toys collecting only. Most people probably even know what is an Animal toy collector. Most people here understand you are wasting our time, except you. Palmface

Back to top Go down
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 11:27 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Most people understand that this forum is related to Animal toys collecting only. Most people probably even know what is an Animal toy collector. Most people here understand you are wasting our time, except you.  Palmface

@Tiermann invited me to discuss edits to TAW. I thought I was welcome on the forum. I didn't know that you, @Kikimalou would dismiss my concerns just because I am not a collector. It's true that both STS Forum and TAW are directed towards collectors, but that doesn't mean that non-collectors are not welcome. Why shouldn't non-collectors be welcome? TAW could have so many more figures if it was more welcoming towards non-collectors. Most people who buy toy animals are not collectors. Collectors and non-collectors can work together. There is no conflict of interest. Most non-collectors are trying to help. Why must someone keep on buying toy animals in order to contribute to the wiki?
Back to top Go down
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 11:39 am

@Kikimalou Did you even read the two issues I raised. Are you just dismissing them to spite me? If it was someone else, would you dismiss the issues? Would it depend on whether they were a collector? Would you dismiss them if I was a collector? Why should any of that matter? An issue's an issue, no matter who raises it.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 12:01 pm

I spent hours fixing your nonsense on TAW, I spent seven hours of my life trying to make simple things understood by someone who spent his time not understanding anything.
It is for me and for any normal human being a big sacrifice and anything but a pleasure.
Tim agreed to you editing on TAW, he invited you to come on STS because he thought you were a collector.
This is not the case.
After seven long hours of conversation with you, we could all understand that you didn't understand anything about what we do on STS and TAW and that you didn't care.
It's you who doesn't respect us.
Your two favorite subjects are pseudo-legal quibbles and the precise classification of living or extinct animals.
Who cares, we explained to you ten times that TAW was not intended to rigorously classify animals because for us it is a useful tool to classify toys YOU want to classify toys? Which ?
The one time you classified toys you messed up. You obviously don't realize it and obviously it doesn't matter to you.
Once again you come to move the furniture in our house and you don't care how much time we have to spend cleaning up your mess.
The worst thing is that you don't understand anything and you're on good terms: You vandalize without even realizing that you're acting like a vandal with us.
Do you think you can help us? No one here sees what.
Bring us photos of toys with valid information or go classify real animals at Wikipedia since that's what interests you.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 12:46 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The one time you classified toys you messed up. You obviously don't realize it and obviously it doesn't matter to you.
Once again you come to move the furniture in our house and you don't care how much time we have to spend cleaning up your mess.

This is my first time hearing about that. And I do care how much time you have to spend cleaning up my "mess". I used scare-quotes as I don't think it's a mess, but you do. But that's besides the point, because I will not reinstate my taxonomic changes without permission.

And what do you mean that I "vandalize without even realizing that you're acting like a vandal with us"? Isn't that a logical contradiction? If I don't realise I'm vandalising, I'm not. I am a good faith editor then. There is no such thing as unintentional vandalism. Vandalism is by definition intentional. If you call a good-faith editor a "vandal", you're just being rude.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 1:00 pm

@Kikimalou Please tell me how I "messed up" with the Ja-Ru Spinosaurus figure. I do not know. But I do care. I really want to know, so I can become a better editor.

And I do respect you. I really do have good intentions. If you don't want me to correct your English, I won't. But it's your loss. And me not correcting your English can actually hinder communication/understaning between us. In such cases, I will have to correct your English to make sure we understand each other. I hope you understand.
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 9:33 am

Spinosaurus wrote:

And I do respect you. I really do have good intentions. If you don't want me to correct your English, I won't. But it's your loss. And me not correcting your English can actually hinder communication/understaning between us. In such cases, I will have to correct your English to make sure we understand each other. I hope you understand.

From one native English speaker to another, this is not the place to discuss why you feel you have the right and the superiority to correct people who are not asking for or wanting your help and are simply living their lives. You don’t “have” to do anything. Please just stop.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 2:40 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I made a correction on the TAW Main page, if a collector disagree, please tell us. Very Happy

Here is the new one:

Welcome to the Toy Animal Wiki!

Our mission is to establish an encyclopedia that showcases every animal figurine and the maker thereof. This wiki is designed as a community project, and we invite Animal toys collectors who so desires to participate. To discuss this project, visit the STS forum.

Colector's help is needed! Please visit the Editor page to learn about creating an editing account. Additionally, you can participate by providing information (i.e. lists of animals by brand, links to good web resources, or any other information you notice is missing) through the the STS forum or contact us.

Looks perfect to me. cheers

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 9:17 pm

Looks good to me too. There is something awry with one of the sentences. It sounds better as: "... and we invite Animal toy collectors who so desire to participate." I'd probably delete "who so desire", but's it's OK with it too.

Sorry, I am correcting your English as if I am Spinosaurus II Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 9:34 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Looks good to me too. There is something awry with one of the sentences. It sounds better as: "... and we invite Animal toy collectors who so desire to participate." I'd probably delete "who so desire", but's it's OK with it too.

I only change "Animal toy collectors", "who so desire" was written by an English-speaker tongue  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 10:09 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

I only change "Animal toy collectors", "who so desire" was written by an English-speaker tongue  Laughing
I think it looks great, thank you Christophe. If nothing else, the experience was educational, no? Palmface Laughing Rolling Eyes tongue

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 11:15 pm

endogenylove wrote:
Spinosaurus wrote:

From one native English speaker to another, this is not the place to discuss why you feel you have the right and the superiority to correct people who are not asking for or wanting your help and are simply living their lives. You don’t “have” to do anything. Please just stop.

Kikimalou objected to me correcting his English in the other thread. Then he said I don't respect him, which I guessed was another objection to me correcting his English. So I agreed not to do it unless it was necessary for communication. It's not about superiority. I don't blame him for being a non-native English speaker. I understand that most people around the world don't even speak English, let alone natively. I don't think that native English speakers are superior. I might add that my parents are not native English speakers. It's all about understanding. If I don't know what he meant to say, I can't just assume an intended meaning and go along with that. That's actually ruder than correcting him.
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 6:50 am

I believe that the Natural History Naturally Adorkable series was produced by Naturalism, the maker of the owls with tilted heads and the eagles that were recently released. Is it appropriate for me to move the two series over to the Naturalism page which I have created?

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 7:51 am

endogenylove wrote:
I believe that the Natural History Naturally Adorkable series was produced by Naturalism, the maker of the owls with tilted heads and the eagles that were recently released. Is it appropriate for me to move the two series over to the Naturalism page which I have created?

I was just trying to figure out what brand those eagles were lol! I couldn't find them on the wiki, I see that you just made the page. Very helpful thank you!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 1:19 pm

endogenylove wrote:

Sure, @tjjtjjtjja confirmed it in this topic.
Thanks for joining the team. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki
Page 18 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next