Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hatching dinosaurs question?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Hatching dinosaurs question? Empty
PostSubject: Hatching dinosaurs question?   Hatching dinosaurs question? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 3:30 am

I was trying to look up information on my AAA hatching dinosaurs, and went to Toy Animal Wiki. I have the 6 dinosaurs pictured, but see there is a hatching tyrannosaur and a hatching brachiosaur not pictured. Next I went to eBay to see what I could find out about them. I found both the brachiosaur and tyrannosaur, but the images of the sales items looked just like my apatosaur and allosaur respectively. Does anyone know if the molds were reused between these species? The sellers didn't have pictures of the bottoms of the pieces, and I figured I'd ask here first.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hatching dinosaurs question?   Hatching dinosaurs question? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 11:57 pm

That's very well observed. I created the page but not the list, I guess. Regarding AAA, we often compile information from several unofficial sources and probably these two do not exist. Maybe someone found them sold as T-rex and brachio and added to the list.
We don't know how many belong to that series, however, I will remove these two links meanwhile. I believe they do not exist, they're just misidentifyied. We can add it later if we confirm their esistence.

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hatching dinosaurs question?   Hatching dinosaurs question? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 8:39 pm

AAA misidentified the species: their "Apatosaurus" is actually a Brachiosaurus and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Hatching dinosaurs question?   Hatching dinosaurs question? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Hmmm, AAA is a real challenge !!! Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hatching dinosaurs question?   Hatching dinosaurs question? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 8:48 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
AAA misidentified the species: their "Apatosaurus" is actually a Brachiosaurus and vice versa.

Do you mean this figure is a brachiosaurus but is marked Apatosaurus?
The same with the allosaurus, is it marked allosaurus but is it a T-rex? Let me know and I relist them with the correct species and I put a note to what is marked. Very Happy

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Hatching dinosaurs question?   Hatching dinosaurs question? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 12:47 am

It looks like a brachiosaurus, but mine is stamped apatosaurus. The theropod is not so certain and mine is marked allosaurus. I've seen it on a card as part of 'The Life Cycle of T-Rex' but I don't know if that means there are some stamped T-rex, I've never seen the card in real life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hatching dinosaurs question?   Hatching dinosaurs question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hatching dinosaurs question?
Page 1 of 1