Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare

Go down 
+25
Duck-Anch-Amun
Shanti
Advicot
RtasVadumee
costicuba
spacelab
Steve170
Megaptera
landrover
Caracal
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
75senta75
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Pardofelis
Taos
SUSANNE
Tiermann
zirkoon
Roger
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare Empty
PostSubject: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:01 am

Later in this thread there are closer detailed photos of individual groups of animals in my collection. It's still under construction and changes will be made as I go. I've tried to provide basic information such as brand and item #. My collection is quite large so it will take time to get through them all and I choose groups randomly. I will try to update regularly.
I wanted to post some photos of my updated collection. I display my figures on bookcases mostly that I add shelves to. I try to organize them in groups (that's my undiagnosed OCD for you...) but in order to conserve as much space as possible I do have to move some groups around. I apologize in advance for the poor quality of some photos, I took them on my phone, my collection is now in the basement so there's poor lighting, and some shelves are darker than others. Also, some types of figures are hard to organize so you can see them all really well (fish and birds with spread wings I'm looking at you!) But at any rate, here we go! Let me know if you have any questions.

First off, salt and fresh water species along with some fantasy:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:59 am; edited 151 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:04 am

Next we have "farm life":

And now pets:

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:06 am

African species:

Asian, South American, Australian, and some large misfits:

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:10 am

North American and European fauna:

Large bird species:

Reptiles and Amphibians:

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:12 am

Horses: (unfortunately, horses take up a TON of room and are the most produced type of animal figure in this hobby, sorry you cant see the ones in the back, hopefully some day I can get a whole bookcase to display them on)

Various small birds and mammals:

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:15 am

Dinosaurs: (similar case to the horses, they aren't displayed well right now. They also take up lots of room, and I'd like to get a bookcase just for them someday)

Large shelves in my room, Breyer, Schleich, etc.:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 6:08 pm

What a phantastic collection Paige!!

I will take a look more for the details soon :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool farao farao farao queen
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Wow! What a collection!
You have managed to make this massive amount of animals still look organized.
Well done. Applause
And I'm happy for you to see that there is still room for a few more.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Once I follow your additions topic, I already suspected your collection was gigantic.
Really impressive is the method you used to sort all these figures in a pleasant way.
You also have the best friends of this hobby dispalyed together. In all eclectic collections I see the Bully and Mojö "Asian" bears together. They always look like enjoying the shadow of a tree in a distant little settlement.
There is also a certain mallard searching for food in the strangest place or some skunks having a hard life. Laughing I also enjoy the panda chess effect or the forest of reticulated necks.

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 9:21 pm

WOW! WOW! WOW! What a great collection Shocked
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 1:52 am

Applause Applause Applause Applause

WOW , spectacular collection, I see marvellous models of all brands.

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 3:08 pm

Thank you very much for the interesting presentation of your collection. Applause These are very impressive photos. Your collection has really grown up. I also see some of the beautiful old models by Bullyland. cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all your comments. I have 6 full size book cases, two smaller ones, and counting! I collect all brands and figures that interest me, I'm not too picky usually.Very Happy

I have not done a recent collection count (I need to) but about a year or so ago I had 2,500 figures (I do have some doubles with figures like piglets and some custom figures). But I really do agonize over the organization and display because I'd like to see them all (that's partly how I remember what I do have). But that's a challenge as all of you know I'm sure, certain types of figures are hard to display together on a shelf.

And yes Roger, I've had to get creative with some of my shelving, smaller guys like domestic ducks and wild hares are on smaller wall shelves, and thus get into some awkward presentation when its crowded. Shocked

Thank you all again!

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 11:38 pm

thank you for sharing a so wide and helpfull collection! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 8:08 pm

That is a wonderful collection! I am amazed at how much you have been able to actually put on display. I have room for only a fraction of my collection out at any one time. Most spend their time packed away in various boxes. Thanks for sharing your amazing shelves with us!

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 am

Thank you all again for the comments! I appreciate your interest and questions.

Did a recent collection count, and I have 3,172 figures total, not counting what I just added to it in my additions thread.

I'm also planning on doing more focused photos of species groups/"families", as a more in depth look at my menagerie. This will take time to get through them all as I have so many, but I hope to start that soon, so keep on this topic. Let me know what category or types of figures you'd like to see first! (I.e. farm animals, fish, african etc.) In the meantime, cheers!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 8:27 am

Truely amazing cheers

I could spend weeks, just looking at your wonderful collection ! Very Happy

Me too, I am very impressed how you manage to organize such a gigantic collection so it looks both nice and manageable Very Happy

Thankyou very much for sharing flower sunny flower

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 5:38 pm

Fantastic collection and wonderful displays!!!I wish I was able to display mine like this but alas space won't allow !

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 5:51 am

Thank you Taylor and Susanne!

Display I think is an integral part of a collection isnt it? I live with my parents still, and these are mostly in the basement. I am slowly taking over the room! (Much to my mothers chagrin). I just like to see them all at once. If it grows much more I'll have to start putting them away, probably dinosaurs first since I dont actively collect them as much. Thanks again for your comments!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:11 pm

Ok, here are my first closer looks at my collection. I will update this post later on with the detailed information on each figure in the group photo, but for now here are my hyenas and ibexes to start. Itll take time to get through all of it, but this is a start.

Spotted hyena:
K&M [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1998-?
Safari ltd. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  2008-present
Schleich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1997-1999
Schleich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2005-2007
Schleich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2015-present
AAA #? *crouched snarling
AAA #? *confident snarling
AAA #? Pup

Ibex:
Schleich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1996-2005
Schleich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2007-2010
Schleich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2017-present
Bullyland [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2013-present

Red pandas:
AAA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?-present?
Bullyland [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2016-present
K&M cub #?
Safari ltd. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2007-present
Yowies 2017

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 9:34 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Thank you Andreas.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 10:57 pm

African elephants:
Schleich-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1989-2004
# 14039 1992-2003
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1992-2004
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2004-2005
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2001-2004
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2004-2012
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2005-2012
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2005-2012

Schleich-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2012-2016
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2016-present

Safari ltd.-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2004- present
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1997-present
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1995-2005 vanishing wild
Yowies- 2017
Toy Major- 2006?

AAA- figures 1- 5 no info
AAA calf copy

Gharial:
Papo- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2013-present
Schleich- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2000-present
Unknown- B

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 11:33 pm

Wonderful Paige. Now that I finally tried to sort all AAA elephants. Here you are with a wonderful picture showing the complete family we known as sold by Bullyland and the middle one from the Smiling Animal Babies series. All other elephants do really look impressive together and it looks great the unknown gharial.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   7 - Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next