Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare

Go down 
+25
Duck-Anch-Amun
Shanti
Advicot
RtasVadumee
costicuba
spacelab
Steve170
Megaptera
landrover
Caracal
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
75senta75
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Pardofelis
Taos
SUSANNE
Tiermann
zirkoon
Roger
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 3:27 pm

And here is a more common figure, the old Schleich Lion. This guy I got in a trade a few years ago. While he lacks the intricate details and realism of most modern figures, his charm and seeming personality are apparent in the mould. This vintage style of many old Schleich figures reminds me of the artwork and advertisements from decades past. I rather like him even though he appears cartoonish on my shelf of modern figures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 5:36 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 6:25 pm

This lion is one of the cornerstones of our hobby !!!   cheers

How many years was he made, and how man thousands of children played with this model ?
How many of them grew up to purchase plastic animal models for themselves or the new generations of children ? Very Happy

Such wonderful photos, Paige !
Thankyou for presenting this lovely, old guy in such a  great way Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 11:01 pm

If I am identifying correctly this model, I think I liked it much more than its successor. Wonderful way to present it. flower

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 7:01 am

Thank you again everyone!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 7:07 am

Next figure, the "full blood" horse by Schleich. When I first learned about many older figures at the start of my "professional" collecting and although I was so excited I thought it would take a lifetime to track many of them down. But through the many great people here and their generosity I have been able to find many old gems such as this! Such a unique and obscurely described horse, she is one of my favorites.

This one reminds me of my grandfather's horses when they saw us with the grain bucket at the gate. :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 10:54 am

Nice horse

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 2:06 pm

I also love that horse model dearly drunken
It is not only extremely well made, - it has this special kind of charm that originally made Schleich great Very Happy

Lovely photos of a happy , old horse feeling young again cheers

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 7:51 pm

Wonderful! It already was a rarity, when I was a child.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 1:32 am

When that horse was released, it was a kind of fresh air or new wind on Schleich range. Almost all horses, during a lot of years, were just standing or in static poses. This one is full of action, it feels like a feral horse, as it was a Mustang or so. So, when we say most of Schleich horses are all alike, this one is surely not among them. I don't have this model but the much later Icelandic that is also in motion.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Thank you everyone. I really do think it is a special Schleich horse, even amongst the hundreds they have made over the years. There is just something truly special about its movement, expression, and general persona it seems to have.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Today's upload is the Kaiyodo Furuta Chocoegg four-spine sculpin. This particular fish probably would not have been added to my collection if I did not have some around locally that I have interacted with, in fact I was not familiar with this animal until a few years ago. My local species is the mottled sculpin, and several of these fish that I actually got to put my hands on were about the size of this figure up to twice the size of it. So when one came up for trade I decided to add it as a momento of my experience at the local river with these stunning little creatures I didn't know existed until a few years ago.

And this is our little currant seedling that decided a few years ago to make a home in the crevice of one of our lava rocks. It has been coming back for the last 4-5 years, and the little seedling just makes me laugh.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Nice. I have this sculpin in my Synoptic Collection.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 7:25 pm

A very interesting figure :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Thank you Blaine and Andreas!

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 am

Really like the sculpin- and love the middle photo!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 2:54 am

Thanks Kelly!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 3:02 am

An early-ish upload since I think I will be busy tomorrow.
Here is the Schleich black and tan rabbit. This figure I originally got as a young child. Then as a child I lost SEVERAL of these small figures and my mother graciously took pity on me and replaced each one. So while this is not my original technically speaking, I have had this specific figure and its double (a birthday gift from someone who didn't know I already had it) for years now.

I think it quite a handsome model, the best of my rabbits I think. It captures the expression of one we had when I was younger.

Blends in quite well huh?

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 3:14 am

sunny sunny
Nice photos, specially the rabbit on the rocks, it is lovely. I love you

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 6:40 pm

Thank you Fernando!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Next figure, the old Papo panda mother and cub. There was a point where I didn't really appreciate this model, but as I have gotten older I am so glad I never traded it. I recieved it as a gift around when it first came out, and my model has little "eyelashes" markings on it. But overall, this figure presents a bond and mode of travel that no other panda model has yet amongst the bigger brands.

Forgive the lighting. We have had terrible wildfires in my region of the country and it blots out the sun and surrounding mountains with how thick the traveling smoke is.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Cute family :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 11:51 pm

I find these models where mothers interact with their cubs very interesting, especially when they represent a typical beahviour. I remember my niece, still a children, asking me to remove the cub when I offered it to her but obviously I tried to explain how it turned that figure so special and that she owned other figures of panda cubs to play so no need of removing it. We always think about Papo as the brand of the devils and monsters but actually they have a lot of figures with maternal care, not only felines but also other kind of animals like this bear or even the sloth.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 4:05 am

Oh be safe Paige!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 4:18 am

Thank you Andreas, Roger and Kelly!

Kelly, none of the big fires are near me thankfully, most of the smoke is blowing in from Northern California, any fires nearby are small and so far have been contained.

Roger, I totally agree! Papo has several lovely maternal figures which I think is a great teaching opportunity for kids and a nice way to have diversity in collections.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next