Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround

Go down 
+3
widukind
landrover
bmathison1972
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Walkaround of the Jackson's chameleon, Trioceros jacksonii (Boulenger, 1869), by PNSO African Animals (2018). This has always been one of my favorite reptiles, and always surprised they were not more commonly made in toy/figure form due to the armature of the males. When I decided to build a synoptic collection, I was happy PNSO released one, and at a decent size for my tastes! PNSO like to anthropomorphize their figures with silly names. If you must know, this figure is 'Kesia the Jackson's Chameleon' (which is odd, as Kesia sounds feminine but this is clearly a male figure!).

The figure is about 6.0 cm snout to vent, making it 1:3.4-1.4.2 for a male. The total length of the figure is about 9.0 cm (keeping in mind the tail is coiled). The hands on the left side are open as if in an ambulatory pose.

This is my first PNSO figure (I got 3 more with it...) and so far I am VERY impressed with their animals!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 pm

interesting figure with other pose.

Thanks for sharing. cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 3:46 am

A very beautiful chameleon

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 9:39 am

I am srurprised with the size of the figure. I thought it was much larger what means that the level of detail is very good.
The posture doesn't seem very natural for a chameleon, they rarely opt for such a erect pose, at least using all limbs to do it. Though, it gives a somewhat seigneurial stance to the creature.
Your presentation is really wonderful and I surely didn't mind having one of these in my collection. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 12:33 pm

I'm surprised you gave him a 1:3.4-1.4.2 scale.
Assuming he has a tail as long as the body, it is a male (size around 25cm, 38 cm for the biggest) I would say it would be more 1:2-1:3.1 scale
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I'm surprised you gave him a 1:3.4-1.4.2 scale.
Assuming he has a tail as long as the body, it is a male (size around 25cm, 38 cm for the biggest) I would say it would be more 1:2-1:3.1 scale

Hi Kiki; math has never been my strongpoint. I calculated based on snout-to-vent length (not including tail), but when I go back and do it again, I get a scale of 1:2-1:2.7 (so your scale is closer, yes). Not sure where my numbers came from, either an error by myself or the reference I used was an outlyer.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Believe me, I feel better now. I thought I missed something and I spent time on the web trying to find a size which fit with your scale.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 3:11 pm

When this figure comes up for my Museum of Natural History thread, I will do a more thorough analysis
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 1:42 am

Unfortunately all photos has been removed 😔
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 6:00 pm

I can't see the photos either Sad .

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 6:33 pm

The photos are gone, the only way to save this topic is if Blaine reuploads them.

PostSubject: Re: Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround   Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Jackson's chameleon (PNSO - African Animals) - walkaround
Page 1 of 1