Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds Empty
PostSubject: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:21 pm

I couldn't find a turnaround for these guys on the site, and since they're some of the nicest snow leopards in my collection, I felt they deserved it. These are actually much larger than you would think (the walking female is 10 1/2 in. long, 3 1/2 in. tall, and 2 in. wide and the crouching male is 9 1/2 in. long, 3 1/4 in. tall, and 1 3/4 in. wide). They're slightly squishy to the touch, so I think they're made with a hard plastic exterior and foam interior. There's also a cub I've seen stock photos of, but I've yet to be able to find it. If someone has one for sale or trade, or knows where I can buy it, please let me know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 9:51 pm

Thank you! This really helps me, I've wanted to get these guys as they aren't common in toy form. The crouched one looks a bit odd to me, the front legs are strange. Reminds me of the bullyland female (I think that's the model I'm thinking of...) scratch

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 12:16 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you! This really helps me, I've wanted to get these guys as they aren't common in toy form. The crouched one looks a bit odd to me, the front legs are strange. Reminds me of the bullyland female (I think that's the model I'm thinking of...) scratch

I'm glad it was helpful! I think the reason it looks weird is because the detail of the legs is meant to be hidden in the fur, but that's a hard thing to get across in a plastic mold. I think both this figure and possibly the Bullyland one as well are based on this photo I see very commonly online [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 3:50 am

I agree that's the concept they are trying to get across, but they've missed the point artistically as you can still see the underlying skeletal structure and folds of the pelt around its tucked legs. That's why it looks so odd to me. I'll still probably pick them up sometime anyway as I love snow leopards! Thanks again for the walk around! I appreciate the photos.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 7:10 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I agree that's the concept they are trying to get across, but they've missed the point artistically as you can still see the underlying skeletal structure and folds of the pelt around its tucked legs. That's why it looks so odd to me. I'll still probably pick them up sometime anyway as I love snow leopards! Thanks again for the walk around! I appreciate the photos.

Glad to help! I'll probably end up doing a turnaround for the wolf and panther as well. The panther is probably the most anatomically correct out of all the figures (it doesn't specify, but I believe it's meant to be a black jaguar).
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 7:30 am

Very nice walkaround cheers

Could you show a pic with a Lego, Palymobil or another model to show the size ?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 8:21 am

Very nice but very huge

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Very nice walkaround cheers

Could you show a pic with a Lego, Palymobil or another model to show the size ?

Sure, I need to update with a 3/4 view of the crouching snow leopard anyway. I'll put the Safari snow leopard in for comparison.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 9:04 pm

widukind wrote:
Very nice but very huge

Yes, they're by far the biggest of my snow leopards. Very close in size to the Vanishing Wild lions.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 10:17 pm

I'd love to see more figures! Those two especially. bounce Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds   Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds Empty

Back to top Go down

Recur Snow Leopards Walkarounds
Page 1 of 1