Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ocean animal scales

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

ocean animal scales Empty
PostSubject: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Recently I'm interested in ocean mammals from Schleich. I always use to take a look to the scales because I like to compare some of the animals in size one to the each other and to imagine their real size.

I have not anyone yet, but I took the sizes of the "figurines" from Schleich pages and from another webs. What a surprise when I discovered that most of the 1:32 see animals from Schleich are not on that scale. IMHO the real scales are those ones:

Sperm whale 1:69 (!!!!)

Minke 1:44

Grey whale 1:55

humpback whale 1:49

narwhal 1:32 (at least!!!)

beluga 1:34 cheers cheers

the right whale is not on the collection, but it's 1:85 affraid

What do you think about that "fail" in the 1:32 name?

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:59 pm

Congratulation Joan Laughing

You are absolutely right about this. I explained that on LG and STS several time drunken Sleep

What I think about it ? I think it's a shame... I think every companies made sea animals not in only one scale... But what I really dislike with Schleich is this kind of things. They don't need to call this line 1:32 sea animals... They don't need to call there replicasaurus "museum models". They are not 1:32 and the dinos are not "museum models" but they write it on every tags and catalogues... I ate this kind of philosophy tongue
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Oh sorry Christophe, I don't found your threats about these.
And it's true, it's a shame Evil or Very Mad That's so disliking to me that I don't know for now if I'll begin with that line.

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Very Happy don't need to worried about this Joan, I'm very happy to find fellows who agree with me Very Happy .

About the models, some are really excellent, not 1:32... But excellent Cool
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:12 pm

I collected cars many years and I thought I understood something about scales until collect animal figures, mainly from Schleich! As I said in other topics, animal sizes are not exact as car sizes, os we have to work with ranges.
1:32 is a classic scale, some older brands used it as reference, maybe Schleich tried to pick this kind of collectors! Anyway the use of scales is pathetic sometimes!
Fortunately I think that Schleich marine mamals is probabily the best series of Schleich, even with wrong scales! Maybe because it is made in Portugal and have a interesting brand called Maia & Borges behind it!:)
Some Portuguese proud don't hurt nobody! :)
I continue asking, what is 1:20 scale??? Where do you find a reference of it? Prehistoric mammals??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:30 pm

The 1:20 is an old scale used by LINEOL for example. How did one find the 1:20 scale for Schleich ????? Or for any thing else.
For Schleich, I consider the human models as 1,80 meter 1:20 scale because they are around 9cm.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:19 am

Kikimalou wrote:
The 1:20 is an old scale used by LINEOL for example. How did one find the 1:20 scale for Schleich ????? Or for any thing else.
For Schleich, I consider the human models as 1,80 meter 1:20 scale because they are around 9cm.

This scale of the Lineol was official, it was written anywhere or is a result of measurements???
The fantastic Lineol cape buffalo looks small for a 1:20, don't you think???
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:53 am

I just am disappointed in Schleich when it comes to their animal figures and scale... they should stick to the same scale with everything. Either make the elephants bigger or make the foxes smaller. The people, well that's another disappointment . They seem to be ok with the size of the horses, but not with the wildlife. In the American Frontier models, the Tipi was way too big (IMHO) and the Moose and Bison are both too small.
Ah well, I am just venting...they are nice, but not realistic in size. Of course I would like to see a real to life size budgie so I can sit it on my computer at work or put it in a bird cage at home and visitors will think I own a real one...but no mess and no screeching...lol I would probably name it Crocobert. Wink or Kiki geek

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:39 am

I agree with Christoph Joan, it is a shame that a good company as Schleich doesn't take the right scales on their models, when they are using it... Rolling Eyes
But as Christoph said before, there are some very nice models in the marinelife series, although far to small.
The models in the Monterey Bay Collection are much better, but some are to small to.
This serie was sold by Schleich in the past, and was made by Safari Ltd, and they still sell these animals in this series...

It would be nice so see a real sized bugie indeed Sue, as i have 3 breeding pairs of them, with 3 chicks at the moment, and much more to follow as 2 pairs have eggs again...
They are right behind me, when i am sitting behind the computer.
And i can assure you, that they are very very messy(i have the vacuumcleaner always next to the cage, and use it several times a day! Shocked ), and through the day, they have their moments that they are screaming and screeching indeed! affraid

PostSubject: Re: ocean animal scales   ocean animal scales Empty

Back to top Go down

ocean animal scales
Page 1 of 1