Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround  Empty
PostSubject: The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround    The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround  EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 2:43 pm

I got this beautiful Weta von Science and Nature (SSS) and want to go for a walkaround.
The model is very well made. The body length is around 7 cm, together with the antenna it has an overall size of over 9 cm.
Science and Nature has said, that it's a Giant Weta. But I think it is a wētāpunga aka Little Barrier giant wētā (Deinacrida heteracantha,), because it is one of the most iconic animals of New Zealand, although it's not well known to most of the people.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround    The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround  EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 3:30 pm

Nice pics :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround    The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround  EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 1:32 am

Actually it is a great walk around of a relatively obscure figure. I don't know why I missed it. interesting also your species choice since the model is marketed at the genus level, I guess. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround    The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround  EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 8:03 am

A nice option for a very iconic animal. I hope Safari Ltd will make on for its IC series. I ahve teh chance to own the Bandai one, I bought it when it was "cheap", now it is so rare and everything except "cheap".

Thank you for the pics cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround    The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround  EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 10:26 pm

An iconic animal that I had never heard of! Interesting animal and figure. Is it life-size?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround    The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround  EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 10:42 pm

No, the life-size one is the Bandai
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround    The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround  Empty

Back to top Go down

The SSS wētāpunga - walkaround
Page 1 of 1