Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikethenerd2

Country/State : MI

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 7:15 am

I just ordered one of the Kaiyodo Capsule Q museum owl sets. I probably should have asked about these before I bought one, but anyways, does anyone on here collect these sets? Are these sets simply a set of five figures? Is there anything else special or unique about them?

I don't have any Kaiyodo figures, I just bought these for my recently started owl collection, and they look pretty neat (from the photos, the set won't arrive for a while). Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 9:11 am

I made a few Kaiyodo owls walkarounds in the past: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikethenerd2

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Thanks, good to see some up close pictures of these.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 12:12 am

Christophe topics are really the best way to reply to your questions.
The only thing I think you could dislike at first is that these figures are lightly built and not a single piece. It may give you a wrong sensation that they do not worth what we have to pay to get them. Though, it is just a question of time. If you get used that they are completely different from Safari Ltd figures and that they are made to display and not exactly to play, you will find that they are scientifically accurate, very well finished and they display beautifully. They also feature some species that you will have a hard time to find in this hobby. I know a few collectors of Schleich figures that after some time started dedicating their hobby exclusively to Japanese figures. I don't have these beautiful owls but I believe that after the first impact, you will start adoring them.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 1:26 am

Roger wrote:
Christophe topics are really the best way to reply to your questions.
The only thing I think you could dislike at first is that these figures are lightly built and not a single piece. It may give you a wrong sensation that they do not worth what we have to pay to get them. Though, it is just a question of time. If you get used that they are completely different from Safari Ltd figures and that they are made to display and not exactly to play, you will find that they are scientifically accurate, very well finished and they display beautifully. They also feature some species that you will have a hard time to find in this hobby. I know a few collectors of Schleich figures that after some time started dedicating their hobby exclusively to Japanese figures. I don't have these beautiful owls but I believe that after the first impact, you will start adoring them.

Very interesting comments. "Lightly built" should be fine, they are definitely for display, not play. I admit the separate head pieces do not really appeal to me (will be interesting to see if this changes over time), but otherwise I like the aesthetics, at least from the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 6:13 am

You will forget the lines between different parts very quickly. first they are less visible in real life, second the models are so fine, so beautifully painted, you will soon ask yourself why a lot of occidental toys missed teh make up since they are all painted in China.
Back to top Go down
mikethenerd2

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 7:25 am

Kikimalou wrote:
You will forget the lines between different parts very quickly. first they are less visible in real life, second the models are so fine, so beautifully painted, you will soon ask yourself why a lot of occidental toys missed teh make up since they are all painted in China.

Sounds good!

Do you happen to know how many owl sets they have done? From what I can tell it looks like 3 sets. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 12:52 pm

mikethenerd2 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Sounds good!

Do you happen to know how many owl sets they have done? From what I can tell it looks like 3 sets. Thanks again!

Three owl-speciic sets, but also they released owls as part of some of their larger series (Chocoegg, ChocoQ, Natural Monuments of Japan). Here is a good reference for Japanese figures:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mikethenerd2

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 8:00 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
mikethenerd2 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Sounds good!

Three owl-speciic sets, but also they released owls as part of some of their larger series (Chocoegg, ChocoQ, Natural Monuments of Japan). Here is a good reference for Japanese figures:

Thanks for the information!
Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 4:29 pm

Hey Mike.

With extremely little exception, I only collect Kaiyodo animals--both prehistoric and modern.

They are extraordinarily well sculpted and painted and for my taste no company compares to them in this respect nor in variety of species (though releases have slowed the last few years).

I actually don't care for the owl sets at all. While the vast majority of Kaiyodo animals are stunningly accurate, the owl sets are designed to be more novel/toy-like.

But overall, they are exquisite, take up little space, display beautifully together, and Christophe is right, you stop seeing the seams once the pieces are assembled. And they actually look better in person than in photos, due to the exaggerated size in many of the formers.

This is a scrappy video of part of my Kaiyodo collection...

And finally, I, along with my source in Japan, happen to be, I believe, the best of source of Kaiyodo (and any other Japanese) animals, for all considerations, including price and customer service.

Happy to answer any general questions here and any regarding how we operate/sell via PM.

Thanks.
Brett
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks for the link to the video, Brett. It is always interesting to see how people organize their collections. There is something fun about randomly placing figures. Me, I am too much of a taxonomy geek, so mine are arranged taxonomically. But the randomness is very appealing.
Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Thanks, Blaine.

It's not my ideal display by any means. But some day...

And for me, a great strength of Kaiyodos is all different species being the same size, making display together easy and fun.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 4:39 pm

Brettnj wrote:

And for me, a great strength of Kaiyodos is all different species being the same size, making display together easy and fun.

exactly!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?    Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum?
Page 1 of 1