Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

some ceramic models

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

some ceramic models Empty
PostSubject: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptySun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm

Have gotten these out of storage and now on display-a really nice model of a Catalan donkey bought in Catalan!and a Harlequin Great Dane British/European and American version
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptySun Oct 27, 2019 5:56 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptySun Oct 27, 2019 11:31 pm

That's the first time I see a separatist donkey! Shocked Laughing
Well, here I am again with the wrong jokes. pale
To be fair I love a lot donkeys and it is amazing to know their different breeds. Thanks for showing Taylor, here is a ceramic that I surely would love to get.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 8:52 pm

Yes, I was really surprised to find him!Like you say there are very few specifically made donkey breeds and especially in their country of origin!

Taos

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 6:28 pm

A new addition-found in a gift shop in a nearby town.A nice sculpt of a PMD. Smile

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 6:31 pm

Ohhh wow, that is just so so beautiful! drunken
This is why I too collect all materials and not just plastic, some of the most stunning dogs are made from others like resin! cheers The detail is amazing, all that fur has been sculpted so realistically and such a kind face so typical of this breed! drunken That beautiful brown has been painted on so delicately, it gives this dog such a soft expression which is perfect because the ones I know are very gentle giants! I love the touch of gloss on the nose too, it brings this model to life! cheers
And it is of a lesser seen breed in the dog figure world, wonderful! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 6:39 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 6:40 pm

I would agree with your comments Bonnie.I got him as he,as you say, is not a very common model.It was surprising as well as the shop was a typical seaside one selling seaside tat, but they had a great selection of dog models for sale.Along with this model of the PMD they had a Dobermann,Old English Sheepdog,Irish Setter and Miniature Schnauzer.They also had models in china,again of various breeds.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 8:51 pm

Is PMD Portuguese Mastiff Dog?

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 11:40 am

Taos wrote:
I would agree with your comments Bonnie.I got him as he,as you say, is not a very common model.It was surprising as well as the shop was a typical seaside one selling seaside tat, but they had a great selection of dog models for sale.Along with this model of the PMD they had a Dobermann,Old English Sheepdog,Irish Setter and Miniature Schnauzer.They also had models in china,again of various breeds.
That's really interesting! cheers It sounds as though they had a wonderful selection of breeds, especially given that it was only a seaside shop! It's funny because there is a shop by the sea I know and they sell such beautiful resin dogs too, which you wouldn't expect looking from the outside! cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think it is supposed to be a Pyrenean Mountain Dog! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 12:11 pm

Bonnie wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think it is supposed to be a Pyrenean Mountain Dog! Very Happy

Thanks, just as I suspected but I couldn't resist Laughing Our Rafeiro Alentejano is not known as PMD at all. Strangely, it seems the Penn-Marydel Hound is also called PMD instead of PMH. scratch These abreviations are not always easy even when they're familiar like GSD, for instance. Wink

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 3:51 pm

Roger wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

Thanks, just as I suspected but I couldn't resist  Laughing Our Rafeiro Alentejano is not known as PMD at all. Strangely, it seems the Penn-Marydel Hound  is also called PMD instead of PMH. scratch These abreviations are not always easy even when they're familiar like GSD, for instance. Wink
I completely agree, dog abbreviations can be so confusing! scratch Laughing I think it's probably because one breed of dog can have so many different names, and therefore so many different abbreviations! A survey was once done on all the different names for Greyhounds found throughout English literature and in total there were 50! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 8:41 pm

Thats a wonderful looking dog!! Too bad I have not enough room for more and more figurines to collect. I would buy him too!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:45 pm

Sorry if I caused confusion by using PMD!Next time I will use then full name of the dog breed,as this dog is called a Great Pyrenees in the USA! Smile

Taos

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 6:04 pm

Roger-the picture of the Rafeiro is just like the one I have met-she was rescued from Portugal and now lives in the Sussex countryside!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:33 pm

Taos wrote:
Roger-the picture of the Rafeiro is just like the one I have met-she was rescued from Portugal and now lives in the Sussex countryside!

Lucky dog and fortunately it is South of England once these dogs are from a very warm region and I have no idea if they could support easily lower temperatures.

PostSubject: Re: some ceramic models   some ceramic models Empty

Back to top Go down

some ceramic models
Page 1 of 1