Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround

Go down 
+2
Saarlooswolfhound
VexVamp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 6:39 am

I recently picked up this wolf from a lot on Ebay, which also included the Stablemate eagle figure. Both figures were part of the Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmarron - Rain Stablemates Playset, and it's one I've been looking for, for awhile. I'm also on the lookout for the black variation of this figure, which came with the Haunted Hayride playset [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (not my photo), so if anyone has one for sale or trade, please let me know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 4:25 pm

I've been keeping my eye out for both versions of this figure for my own collection. Great catch and congrats! It's a beauty.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Looks good. I didn't realise Stablemates also had animals other than horses. Are Stablemates 1:32 scale?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 6:43 pm

What a beautieful wolf figure :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 11:08 pm

Breyer is a very popular brand with loads of collectors and it remains anonymous at Toy Animal Wiki. With so much work to do and an excellent online source about the brand, the work keeps being delayed forever.
I find interesting the stablemate figure although my preference goes to the classic sized wolf that is probably prohibitive.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Looks good. I didn't realise Stablemates also had animals other than horses. Are Stablemates 1:32 scale?

Yes, they are. However, due to their manufacturing process where figures are inflated instead of compressed, it often results a little larger than desired.

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 6:30 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I've been keeping my eye out for both versions of this figure for my own collection. Great catch and congrats! It's a beauty.

I was lucky enough to find an Ebay lot with this one in it, and I don't think the seller even knew what it was. Needless to say, I was super excited.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 6:32 am

rogerpgvg wrote:

Yes, they have a handful of other animals, mostly farm or pet themed, with a few wild animals thrown in. I also picked up the bald eagle from the same set as the wolf. I'll have to do a turnaround for that figure soon.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 6:33 am

widukind wrote:
What a beautieful wolf figure :)

Thanks, I agree.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 6:36 am

Roger wrote:
Breyer is a very popular brand with loads of collectors and it remains anonymous at Toy Animal Wiki. With so much work to do and an excellent online source about the brand, the work keeps being delayed forever.
I find interesting the stablemate figure although my preference goes to the classic sized wolf that is probably prohibitive.

rogerpgvg wrote:

Yes, they are. However, due to their manufacturing process where figures are inflated instead of compressed, it often results a little larger than desired.

I can imagine Breyer would be an extremely difficult company to document. The only saving grace would be that they tend to use the same molds again and again, but then you still have to deal with all the color variations. I have two of the large howling wolf, but one of my goals as a collector is to find the elusive Rogue version.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 9:54 pm

Roger wrote:
However, due to their manufacturing process where figures are inflated instead of compressed, it often results a little larger than desired.

That sounds intriguing. How do they get inflated during manufacturing?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 10:46 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Roger wrote:
However, due to their manufacturing process where figures are inflated instead of compressed, it often results a little larger than desired.

That sounds intriguing. How do they get inflated during manufacturing?

Well, I am not sure, it was something I've read here on forum. Stablemates are made of a brittle plastic (ABS?), and their manufacturing process is a kind of air injection that inflates the material until iit takes the shape of the mould. Aren't pieces of glass also produced in a similar way? I may telling a great deal of non sense and I hope someone can explain it better. Wink

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 11:20 pm

Yes, it would be interesting to know more about this, I know so little about the production of our animal figures. But I would have thought the size of the plastic cannot get bigger than the mould.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 11:38 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Yes, it would be interesting to know more about this, I know so little about the production of our animal figures. But I would have thought the size of the plastic cannot get bigger than the mould.

I believe that what happens is that after being removed from the mould, there is a little expansion caused from a little increase of the internal pressure. It is minimal but with visible effects in the level of detail. It also sounds strange to me but that's what I remember. On the other hand, moulds for pvc figures go in the opposite way and the figure shrinks a little resulting slightly smaller than the the sculpt used to make the mould.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 12:09 am

Read the production section, it explains how these figures are made.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Thanks. Interesting information.

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Turnaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 12:15 am

rogerpgvg wrote:

Breyer has quite a few animal molds in 1:9 scale (traditional), 1:32 scale (Stablemates) and in 1:64 scale (the Pocket Box animals) and 2 (a wolf and a cougar) in 1:12 scale (classic).  You can see all of them from the links on the home page of Identify Your Breyer: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 1:09 am

VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:

rogerpgvg wrote:

I can imagine Breyer would be an extremely difficult company to document. The only saving grace would be that they tend to use the same molds again and again, but then you still have to deal with all the color variations. I have two of the large howling wolf, but one of my goals as a collector is to find the elusive Rogue version.

Actually there's quite a bit of documentation on Breyer.  The 5th edition Breyer Animal Collector's Guide (2008) has a bibliography page in the back of the book lists all the sources for the information in the book.  Plus there's a listing for Breyer on the Model Horse Gallery: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  So much has been written over the years about Breyer, my guess the reason not much is on ToyAnimalWiki is no one person has the time to type in the massive amount of info and post all of the photos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround   Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyer Stablemate Wolf Walkaround
Page 1 of 1