Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround

Go down 
+5
widukind
Bloodrayne
Roger
Caracal
VexVamp
9 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 11:11 am

Man, am I glad to finally be posting again. I've been completely MIA here because I caught an unholy case of the flu from one of my nephews on Christmas Eve. Between being debilitatingly sick and hopped up on enough medication to tranquilize an elephant, I was not in any condition to even take or edit photos. I have no idea why it hit me so hard, but this is probably the sickest I can ever remember being, and I'm very happy to see it on its way out.

Anyway, I got the PNSO cheetah and lion for Christmas. Both are absolutely beautiful, and I knew I definitely wanted to make walkarounds for these lesser known figures. While it looks like it would topple over at the slightest provocation, this cheetah actually stands up very well on its own, unlike some other running animal figures (I'm looking at you, Breyer).  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 pm

very spectacular running"pose"! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 1:58 pm

I am also glad you are posting again and that you're healthy again. I hope your nephew had recover as well.
That is surely an iconic pose to this wonderful animal and brands do not usually do it because it is not easy. Very brave from PNSO to get it so nicely and bringing to this hobby such a dynamic pose.

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 4:53 pm

Caracal wrote:

I totally agree. I already thought the running cheetah from Papo was very impressive, but this one takes it up a notch!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 pm

It is a interesting and special cheetah figure :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 7:02 pm

This cheetah is one of the best cheetah models I have ever seen cheers

Thankyou ever so much for the beautyful photos Applause Applause Very Happy
Ohhh, what a beautyful creature a cheetah is I love you

Yes, such a real, bad flue is nothing to joke about !pale
Be happy that you are so young and heal fast.
I had one over christmas/new year 18/19, and it took 3 months before my legs began to change from rubber to normal legs, and I was able to walk the dogs without looking like a member of "funny walks" farao Laughing

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Interesting pose. Good, but for an even better pose, check the Kaiyodo Amazing Animals cheetah, which is really superb (but smaller).

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 3:30 am

Caracal wrote:

Yes, I agree!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 3:35 am

Roger wrote:
I am also glad you are posting again and that you're healthy again. I hope your nephew had recover as well.
That is surely an iconic pose to this wonderful animal and brands do not usually do it because it is not easy. Very brave from PNSO to get it so nicely and bringing to this hobby such a dynamic pose.

Yeah, I'm glad to be seeing the end of this. I don't think my nephew ever got it that bad, but he was basically patient zero and made everyone in my family sick. He's a toddler, so washing your hands and covering your mouth aren't things he's mastered just yet.

And yes, I agree about the pose. I was so surprised to find a plastic figure (especially one not on a base) with such a dynamic pose, and even more surprised that it stands up so well on its own. It's ironic that PNSO actually has this figure wrongly marked as a leopard, but I think that was just an issue with the translation.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 3:36 am

widukind wrote:
It is a interesting and special cheetah figure :)

Yes, I agree!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 3:40 am

SUSANNE wrote:
This cheetah is one of the best cheetah models I have ever seen cheers

Thankyou ever so much for the beautyful photos Applause Applause Very Happy
Ohhh, what a beautyful creature a cheetah is  I love you

Yes, such a real, bad flue is nothing to joke about !pale
Be happy that you are so young and heal fast.
I had one over christmas/new year 18/19, and it took 3 months before my legs began to change from rubber to normal legs, and I was able to walk the dogs without looking like a member of "funny walks"  farao Laughing

I'm so glad you enjoyed the photos, I love being able to share these beautiful figures with other collectors. And yes, cheetahs are tied with snow leopards for my favorite wild felines. I love you  

Wow, 3 months, that must have been awful! My dad had a similar thing happen with bronchitis, and it makes me really glad that I caught this flu early enough to cancel our plans, as we were going to meet up that day to exchange gifts. With him already being prone to chronic respiratory issues, I can't imagine how his body would have handled it.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 3:41 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Interesting pose. Good, but for an even better pose, check the Kaiyodo Amazing Animals cheetah, which is really superb (but smaller).

I have that one too! Well, the king cheetah variant at least, I still need to pick up the standard spotted version. It's definitely one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Wow! how marvelous and energetic the pose is, and good concentrated expression.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 5:15 pm

I love this model.
It is presented in a very dynamic posture , but in a same time very natural.
And I love that the proportions are very nice and the face is a face of real cheetah ...
Something that the Papo running Cheetah has a problem with ( with short torso and strange face )
Also the size is very nice and can fit very good with major brands bigger cats.
Actually all models of this set are very nice made it ... and some of them really nice.
Thank you for this walkaround sunny

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:43 am

Seeway wrote:
Wow! how marvelous and energetic the pose is, and good concentrated expression.

Yes, I agree!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:46 am

costicuba wrote:
I love this model.
And I love that the proportions are very nice and the face is a face of real cheetah ...
Something that the Papo running Cheetah has a problem with ( with short torso and strange face )
Actually all models of this set are very nice made it ... and some of them really nice.

Agreed, this is a particularly beautiful cheetah figure, and I'm so impressed with the anatomy. The face on the Papo one is actually the reason I haven't picked up that figure yet, despite cheetahs being my favorite wild felines (tied with snow leopards, that is). Cheetahs have a very odd facial structure, and companies often have trouble capturing that, but PNSO really nailed it. The unique, dynamic pose, wonderful anatomy, and reasonable size make this one of the best cheetahs on the market in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 6:06 am

VexVamp wrote:
costicuba wrote:
I love this model.

Agreed, this is a particularly beautiful cheetah figure, and I'm so impressed with the anatomy. The face on the Papo one is actually the reason I haven't picked up that figure yet, despite cheetahs being my favorite wild felines (tied with snow leopards, that is). Cheetahs have a very odd facial structure, and companies often have trouble capturing that, but PNSO really nailed it. The unique, dynamic pose, wonderful anatomy, and reasonable size make this one of the best cheetahs on the market in my opinion.

I absolutely agree with you and for me, it is also the best cheetah model on the market.
About the Papo Cheetah, I picked up with an idea to resculpt the face one day ... and maybe to make the torso longer.
Otherwise I like the brave choice of Papo to go with this dynamic pose. Papo is my favorite brand .. I really love the style of sculpting their models, the wonderfully made it details ... and this Cheetah is no exception too, but because we always expect from Papo to make the best wild cats models .... this time , they failed with the face of this Cheetah.

Maybe you have to get the Cheetah model from Beauty of the Beasts one day :)
It looks really nice in both colour versions...

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 4:17 am

costicuba wrote:
VexVamp wrote:
costicuba wrote:
I love this model.

I absolutely agree with you and for me, it is also the best cheetah model on the market.
About the Papo Cheetah, I picked up with an idea to resculpt the face one day ... and maybe to make the torso longer.
Otherwise I like the brave choice of Papo to go with this dynamic pose. Papo is my favorite brand .. I really love the style of sculpting their models, the wonderfully made it details ... and this Cheetah is no exception too, but because we always expect from Papo to make the best wild cats models .... this time , they failed with the face of this Cheetah.

Maybe you have to get the Cheetah model from Beauty of the Beasts one day :)
It looks really nice in both colour versions...

I would love to have a resculpt of the Papo cheetah, since I love the pose but am off-put by the pug face. I also love Papo and think they produce some of the nicest figures on the market, even if the quality of their paint jobs can vary. I really want a repaint of their new stalking lioness, as the standard paint is way too dark, and when I tried to do it myself it turned into a completely different species. I'd love to eventually buy a custom of the lioness which matches the other Papo lions I own.

I've definitely been tempted by the Beauty of the Beasts cheetah, but personally prefer the more dynamic poses. If I were to purchase one of the pricier large figures, I think I'd go for the white lion or upcoming Amur leopard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround   PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO Running Cheetah Walkaround
Page 1 of 1