Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yowies Kagu walkaround

Go down 
+4
landrover
Advicot
Roger
widukind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Yowies Kagu walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:49 pm

Especially for Susanne, the Kagu

Yowies Kagu walkaround Sam_6469
Yowies Kagu walkaround Sam_6470
Yowies Kagu walkaround Sam_6469
Yowies Kagu walkaround Sam_6472
Yowies Kagu walkaround Sam_6471
Yowies Kagu walkaround Sam_6473
Yowies Kagu walkaround Sam_6475
Yowies Kagu walkaround Sam_6474

STS members can collect Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 8:31 pm

The walk around is especially for Susanne and the species is especially for you. Laughing
Yowies continues making very interesting species and it is surely a line to pursue.

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 8:59 pm

A kagu figure?! I need this in my collection!!! But finding it will be another matter Sad

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 12:41 am

Hurray Yowies Applause Applause Congrats Andreas.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 5:37 am

Many many thanks friends

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 5:38 am

Roger wrote:
The walk around is especially for Susanne and the species is especially for you. Laughing
Yowies continues making very interesting species and it is surely a line to pursue.

You are right. Yowies are a little bit toyish but the species are like a new PV Wink

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 8:23 am

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, dear Andreas cheers Applause

A wonderful and interesting model Applause Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, dear Andreas cheers Applause

A wonderful and interesting model Applause Applause Applause

Thank you :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:04 pm

Love it because its the first Kagu in toy form! BUT, I wish it was refined just a tiny bit more - with more delicate sculpting to make it more real but beggars cant be choosers and I want this model!

Yowie's are hit and miss - some models are sculpted lovely, and some are awful - the Fossa for instance is great as well as others.

Lastly, remember folks, as they are smaller in size, some of the models are not just nice and cute but look like animal 'babies' in comparison to other brand larger models so to me its like adding little babies to our collection i.e. Sun Bear, Tapir, Anteater, Pangolin, caracal, Okapi etcmany really do resemble small babies which makes perfect sense to collect some of them!

The very early series were not sculpted well but recent sets are good. Yowie are the US/Aussie version of Eikoh's - although Eikoh's are in a much different and higher quality league of course.

Long live Yowies!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:07 pm

Numaan wrote:
Love it because its the first Kagu in toy form! BUT, I wish it was refined just a tiny bit more - with more delicate sculpting to make it more real but beggars cant be choosers and I want this model!

Yowie's are hit and miss - some models are sculpted lovely, and some are awful - the Fossa for instance is great as well as others.  

Lastly, remember folks, as they are smaller in size, some of the models are not just nice and cute but look like animal 'babies' in comparison to other brand larger models so to me its like adding little babies to our collection i.e. Sun Bear, Tapir, Anteater, Pangolin, caracal, Okapi etcmany really do resemble small babies which makes perfect sense to collect some of them!

The very early series were not sculpted well but recent sets are good.  Yowie are the US/Aussie version of Eikoh's - although Eikoh's are in a much different and higher quality league of course.

Long live Yowies!

Yes, it could be more naturally. But very interesting species and not so bad :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 7:34 am

Indeed a rare species and a model who would surely enjoy Susanne's shelves. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 9:56 pm

One for my wishlist!!

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 10:11 pm

I still need to get this amazing figure

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Kagu walkaround   Yowies Kagu walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Yowies Kagu walkaround
Page 1 of 1