Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround

Go down 
+6
widukind
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
WhiteLightning Wolf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  Empty
PostSubject: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 9:57 pm

There are very, very few things I like about Schleich anymore, so the amount of figures I get from their lineup year after year continues to grow smaller. I did however pick up their newest cat figure since their domestic cats are about the only thing I still like from them. This one is the same scale as the last few from the past few years and nicely detailed. My only nitpick is how long the toes are on the outstretched paw and the weird carved in markings around the eyes and on the sides of her head. Other than that, it's not a bad model.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Size Comparison Pics:

With Papo Cat

With Mojo Fun Ginger Tabby (Walking)

With Schleich 2003 Ginger Tabby

With Schleich 2015 Cat

With 2010 Schleich Calico Cat

With Schleich Kittens

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 11:24 pm

The fact that Schleich calls it specifically American house cat denounces a certain orientation to the North American market. It is a curious designation once it doesn't refer to a breed or a cat color. By the way, it is also a calico, isn't it? It also looks a young cat, I don't know if it seems like that once it is smaller than the other adulte cats you are using for comparison. That's a nice figure although I can find some more attractive among its friends. Thanks for opening this topic, it is a perfect walk around with several useful comparison pictures.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 11:43 pm

It's much nicer than I expected! Congrats.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 1:38 am

Hmmm. personally I am not crazy about the face and that right front paw almost has finger-like toes!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 8:06 am

Lovely kitty cheers

And the kittens !!! Are they from the play-set ? cat cat cat

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 8:22 am

cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 12:03 pm

I bought 2 of them yesterday to custom one in a sable cat one (Felis margarita) because of its particular face and its small body. I think like Rogério it looks a young cat..

Thank you for your beautiful and usefull pictures WLW! :)

Last edited by Caracal on Mon May 11, 2020 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 12:53 pm

It's a funny cat, not bad. I like it, though I prefer some of the previous models.
I wonder what happened to the cat and dogs that won the 2019 UVA... They were supposed to be in the Schleich 2020 range, but no... scratch
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyMon May 11, 2020 10:02 am

The little cat jumped in my shopping cart too. Nice cat overall!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyMon May 11, 2020 10:25 am

Wonderful picture cheers

Now she is an in-and-outdoor cat Laughing
Take care, or she may train you to jump up and open the door for her 500 times a day lol!

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyMon May 11, 2020 11:37 am

beautiful picture! Applause
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyMon May 11, 2020 7:33 pm

Thank you! Very Happy
Actually Schleich called this cat in German "American shorthaired cat". Maybe this is a better description of her. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  EmptyMon May 11, 2020 8:24 pm

I honestly dislike this cat

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround    2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround  Empty

Back to top Go down

2020 Schleich American Housecat Walkaround
Page 1 of 1