Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!

Go down 
+5
SUSANNE
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Pardofelis
Caracal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! Empty
PostSubject: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 4:57 pm

Starlux never released any gaur. When I was a teen, I would have love to have one, and I even did'nt know the Britains one for Britains wild animals were not available in the small town I was living closed.

So, as I recently received a very cheap little herd of 5 Starlux zebus whose horns were broken, I decided to custom one with my  WePAM paste, to get a Starlux gaur!..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

..and with the painting:

..and released in wilderness:

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 7:04 pm

Absolutely wonderful, it looks like a real gaur.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 7:23 pm

Thank you Pardo, congrat from you is  of very good value since you are a so meticulous maker! :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 7:54 pm

You did a great job, it looks perfect.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Great work

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 9:23 pm

Fantastic affraid cheers

It is actually awesome bounce bounce Applause Applause I love you

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Thank you Saarlooswolfhound, Andreas and Susanne! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 10:25 pm

The final figure resulted so beautiful! It is a perfect gaur! You could get the beautiful Britains if you knew it existed but it was a pity if it was enough to avoid you from doing this beautiful figures. Besides that, I believe the English figure is noticiably larger.

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 12:18 am

Great work

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Thank you Rogério and SeanieP! :)

Rogério, you're right, the Britains gaur is far bigger than my " Starlux" one:

When I got it on ebay, I was deceptive because of its so big size, even for a gaur. It doesn't fit well with the other Britains bovid, the water buffalo:

..which fits better with mine!

..Starlux bovids are'nt either always at the same scale:

..the american bison is a little too big and the yack a little too small..

..but the Britains gaur is clearly an outsider!

..and now my 3 gaurs:

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 2:28 pm

When I see a post illustrated and explained like this one, I keep being sure that a forum is the best place to discuss animal figures, at least when there are members like you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
It is a huge joy for me to read something interesting like this is and watching such a gorgeous collection. cheers

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Thanks a lot Rogério, you know it's a great pleasure for me too! :)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 3:42 pm

Where do cattle park their cars? In the gaur-age!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 8:07 pm

Caracal wrote:
Thanks a lot Rogério, you know it's a great pleasure for me too! :)

Before the Mojö gaur, it was one of the most requested animal figures to be made. Despite being still a very wanted animal figure, Some of the few ever made are incredibly illusive,. Namely the Play Visions gaur and a curious New-Ray figure, at the same scale as Britains, since it was posted on forum more than 8 years ago, we've never seen it in any other collection. The topic still exists and can be seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 11:29 pm

I did'nt know this New Ray gaur! thank you for the link Rogério! :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 9:00 pm

You made a beautiful Starlux gaur, Caracal. The Britains water buffalo is a domestic buffalo, I think, and as such it is fine as 1:32 scale. The Starlux yak is probably meant to be a wild yak, but size-wise (1:32 scale), it is better as a domesticated yak.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 12:37 pm

..yes Roger, we always can think to the domestic version with replicas which seem too small!.. this Starlux zebu is a good exemple of domestic animal in a zoo or wild range! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!   A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)! Empty

Back to top Go down

A gaur (Bos gaurus) from a Starlux zebu (Bos primigenius indicus)!
Page 1 of 1