Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  

In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach Empty
PostSubject: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 3:34 pm

This topic is especially for Blaine. In the new german Mickey Mouse magazin is this rubber cockroach.

Today a child shows me that, but i think i will buy it for me.

In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach 86185010
In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach 86241510
In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach 86301710

Last edited by widukind on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 4:26 pm

would you please buy one for me too? I'll pay for the figure and shipping to the US!

It looks like a giant burrowing cockroach (a NEW species!)

thanks!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 4:31 pm

@bmathison1972 wrote:
would you please buy one for me too? I'll pay for the figure and shipping to the US!

thanks!

I will do that, but the shipping is not cheap. Sad

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 4:32 pm

@widukind wrote:
@bmathison1972 wrote:

thanks!

I will do that, but the shipping is not cheap. Sad

I know. I can make an exception for a good insect :).

I still need to hunt down the species; it is not what I thought it was, but I bet it was modeled after something. I'll continue to search.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 4:53 pm

I really understand. And this figure looks also very good.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm

@bmathison1972 wrote:

thanks!

After a few shops my wife found a second magazin for you. So it is in the house

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 5:59 pm

EEEEK ! affraid

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 6:43 pm

@widukind wrote:
@bmathison1972 wrote:

thanks!

After a few shops my wife found a second magazin for you. So it is in the house

Great, thanks! We can communicate by PM about the details :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 8:56 pm

I am sure all German children is full of enthusiasm with this new Mickey friend. Laughing
This time I think it is Blaine being quite optimistic with the identification.
Well, it should be a German cockroach once it is from Germany or even an American cockroach once Mickey is an American mouse. Though, I just believe it is vaguely based in an Oriental cockroach with the traditional enshortened apendages of a toy what makes it reminescent of a giant burrowing cockroach. Maybe there is a story around that figure that could lead us to the definitive identification.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 9:14 pm

@Roger wrote:
I am sure all German children is full of enthusiasm with this new Mickey friend. Laughing
Well, it should be a German cockroach once it is from Germany or even an American cockroach once Mickey is an American mouse. Though, I just believe it is vaguely based in an Oriental cockroach with the traditional enshortened apendages of a toy what makes it reminescent of a giant burrowing cockroach. Maybe there is a story around that figure that could lead us to the definitive identification.

I dismissed the giant burrowing roach early on (please see my second reply). I haven't had a lot of time to look at this but Oriental roach is a very good idea, but I am still hoping to find a match among Blaberidae...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 10:33 pm

@bmathison1972 wrote:
@Roger wrote:

I dismissed the giant burrowing roach early on (please see my second reply). I haven't had a lot of time to look at this but Oriental roach is a very good idea, but I am still hoping to find a match among Blaberidae...

Actually, it looks a lot like some giant cockroaches. I don't know if it is just a coincidence or just the stylization of a more common cockroach that ended ahving such result. It is, in any way, a very interesting addition for a bug collector.

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Why not a female Blaptica dubia? Being the most common roach used as live food for reptiles/tarantulas, it's not surprising that somebody make it in toy form. And is far more coincident than the other options told in this thread.

Total: 216
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 2:33 pm

@Pardofelis wrote:
Why not a female Blaptica dubia? Being the most common roach used as live food for reptiles/tarantulas, it's not surprising that somebody make it in toy form. And is far more coincident than the other options told in this thread.

That is also very good. I would still like to confirm it in Blaberidae, but I have not had time to research it. A 'specimen' will be sent to me next week :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach   In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach Empty

Back to top Go down

In the new Mickey Maus (Mouse) magazin in Germany is that very huge cockroach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Publishing companies-
Jump to: