Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andrew's Collection

Go down 
+12
RtasVadumee
Steve170
75senta75
costicuba
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Advicot
landrover
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
SerAndrew
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SerAndrew

Country/State : Spain/Madrid

Andrew's Collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 12:03 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Nice !

I recommend you the CollectA narwhal which is gorgeous.

Thanks for the advice! However, sadly, I don't like any brand's narwhal at the moment Sad
I find the tusk jointure quite... artificial.

Like I'm a "quite recent" collector (or, better say, I rediscover this passion recently) I don't know so, how often do the major brands release new cetaceans models? Is it something usual?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Wonderful whales

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 2:17 pm

SerAndrew wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:
Nice !

Thanks for the advice! However, sadly, I don't like any brand's narwhal at the moment Sad

Like I'm a "quite recent" collector (or, better say, I rediscover this passion recently) I don't know so, how often do the major brands release new cetaceans models? Is it something usual?

I'd say it is common that major brands release new Cetacean models. It may not be accurate but see the numbers of the last 5 years from each company.

Papo 6
CollectA 5
Mojo 6
Safari 6
Schleich 6

Almost 30 Cetaceans from 5 brands on last 5 years. They are not best sellers in regular shops, except the dolphins and orcas but they are very important on Aquarium shops or sea life thematic parks.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Roger wrote:
SerAndrew wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:
Nice !

I'd say it is common that major brands release new Cetacean models. It may not be accurate but see the numbers of the last 5 years from each company.

Papo 6
CollectA 5
Mojo 6
Safari 6
Schleich 6

Almost 30 Cetaceans from 5 brands on last 5 years. They are not best sellers in regular shops, except the dolphins and orcas but they are very important on Aquarium shops or sea life thematic parks.

Nice! Thanks for the info... actually, I don't know which species I would like to see the next...
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 3:34 pm

Lovely collection!!

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 3:42 pm

beautiful pack! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 10:52 pm

SerAndrew wrote:
Roger wrote:
SerAndrew wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:
Nice !

Papo 6
CollectA 5
Mojo 6
Safari 6
Schleich 6

Nice! Thanks for the info... actually, I don't know which species I would like to see the next...

If we count the Bullyland fin whale with all these 5 brands, you ahve 22 different species and I am sure you don't need to choose, Safari and CollectA are diversifying a lot their ranges and they will suprise us next years, I guess. I don't collect whales and dolphins but I suspect we are living the most interesting era to do it. This kind of animals were absolutely ignored among vintage companies.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Roger wrote:
SerAndrew wrote:
Roger wrote:
SerAndrew wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:
Nice !

Papo 6
CollectA 5
Mojo 6
Safari 6
Schleich 6

If we count the Bullyland fin whale with all these 5 brands, you ahve 22 different species and I am sure you don't need to choose, Safari and CollectA are diversifying a lot their ranges and they will suprise us next years, I guess. I don't collect whales and dolphins but I suspect we are living the most interesting era to do it. This kind of animals were absolutely ignored among vintage companies.

It's nice to hear that!
Cetaceans have always been a very special family to me. Well, all marine life actually... I practice scuba diving since I was a child and also have had the opportunity to whale watching 4-5 times (from a boat, not under the surface Sad ).
But as you know, the good fishes models are all from japanese brands, difficult and expensive to get from Europe, so for the moment I just have my cetaceans, four sharks (I'm working on this at the moment) and a couple of turtles... ah! and the Fossil Fish set from Colorata, which is incredible...
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 am

Well, as promised, here is my collection nowadays. Watching my previous pictures it has grown a lot lately. I'm so sorry for the quality of the pictures, but my shelves don't allow to take good ones... If any is interested I could take a closer pic of any part of it.

I made some rearrangements: change the distribution, try to lift the models in the back using transparent plastic and so on.

I hope you like it and have, at least, take a glimpse at how my collection looks like :)

Asia: this is one of the most difficult to arrange and photograph. I try to put the indian/indonesian/malasyan/... at the left and the Himalayan/Chinese/Japanese at the right but with debatable success...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Africa: two shelves here. The first is more for savannah and desert animals while the second gathers the forest, mountain and rivers.

Central and South America and Australia/New Zealand: the american models are at the left half (and above it hehe) and the Australia and New Zealand animals at the right.

Europe and North America: all mixed here with no structure at all. I also have the Papo's vulture but... meh, I don't feel like including it.

Artic + seashore animals: this one is a bit strange. I have the artic animals in the left side, some marine birds spread over there, the pinnipeds (I also have the Schleich walrus and harbour seal mother and cub but not with me at the moment) and the blue and Sei whale at the back because they seem ridiculous if displayed with my other cetaceans.

Ocean: this one is clearer jeje

And, finally, one only for cetaceans. The CollectA white-sided dolphin is hidden at the back (I found it quite dissapointing as well as huge)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/b]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 11:51 am

very beautiful collection with many pieces I'd like to have (monitor, agouti, Southland eagle..) cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Lots of figures I have and don't have (but want in my collection), marvellous array of figures and species

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 1:34 pm

Beautiful Andrew! I like the arrangement, your shelves, the concept, the models, everything actually.
Eyes delight. Applause
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Thank you all!
Before I found this forum I was only aware of Schleich and Papo. I'm a Schleich native, since it's the one I grew up with (I have mentioned before that I have a bunch of vintage models, I shall upload an old pic soon) and I have to admit that it take long to me to see the beauty in other brands. CollectA, for example, didn't atract me at first, I even dislike their models. But look now he he.
After CollectA, some Southlands Replicas and Safari's joined, and then my couple of Mojo and Maia&Borgess. A Colorata set and some japanse are the jewel of the crown!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 2:38 pm

Everything is looking wonderful and I am glad you are now a more openminded collector.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Nice collection with many highlights

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 6:42 pm

I love how you put the sloth hanging from a wire. Very beautiful presentation.
And of course I want the gar and the lobster and the lungfish and the...

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 10:42 am

Thank you, Roger, Andreas and Isidro.
Only two small packages on the near horizon, but I'm working with Brett and Emiko in a much bigger one :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Collection   Andrew's Collection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andrew's Collection
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2