Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starlux zoo leaflet

Go down 
+4
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
Caracal
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Starlux zoo leaflet Empty
PostSubject: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
no names for these 1971/1972 "newcomers"!.. but easy to reconize!..

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 12:02 am

THIS is magnificent cheers

Thankyou very, very much !!!! Applause Applause

Do you know what GM, PM, and MM means ?

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am

Thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 1:51 am

Thank to you both Susanne and Andreas! :)

Susanne, GM means: "grand modèle" (big model)
MM " " : "moyen modèle" (medium model)
PM " " : "petit modèle" (little model)

..just size indications.. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 am

Caracal wrote:
Thank to you both Susanne and Andreas! :)

Susanne, GM means:  "grand modèle" (big model)
            MM  " "    :  "moyen modèle" (medium model)
            PM   " "   :  "petit modèle" (little model)

..just size indications.. :)

Ahhh! Easy when you know Laughing

Thankyou sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 5:10 am

I am scandalized by Starlux's sense of humour! Evil or Very Mad
The model number 1789, year of the Storming of the Bastille, is a creature that looks sentenced to the guillotine. affraid

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 5:36 am

I only have two starlux figurines in my collection, but they still have animals, that haven´t been done by any other companie (except from japanese brands perhaps).
My hope: after starlux, we had Playvision, now we have Yowie and hopefully some of the modern companies (CollectA or Safari maybe) will someday release figurines like an Addax or a crane, too :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 5:56 am

Roger wrote:
The model number 1789, year of the Storming of the Bastille, is a creature that looks sentenced to the guillotine.  affraid

Laughing yes she's ready the poor girl..

nice to you to make us laught at this so particuliar moment! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:15 am

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
I only have two starlux figurines in my collection, but they still have animals, that haven´t been done by any other companie (except from japanese brands perhaps).
My hope: after starlux, we had Playvision, now we have Yowie and hopefully some of the modern companies (CollectA or Safari maybe) will someday release figurines like an Addax or a crane, too :)

you're right D.A.A, Starlux produiced too, an european bison which was quasi unknown at this moment, even by european peoples! :)

and now some rareties more:

from: "Les feuillet de l'Association Starlux génération Beffara n°9: Le Zoo (p.67 and 74)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:18 am

Oh, WWF snakes? What are the species? Especially the duiker is phenomenal

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:29 am

Caracal wrote:
Roger wrote:
The model number 1789, year of the Storming of the Bastille, is a creature that looks sentenced to the guillotine.  affraid

Laughing Actually joke is not mine but from Starlux! If there is something that the French Revolution brought to the culture of several countries, it was a kind of satirical humour. It is not only typical from French people, Portuguese people also imported it. I am not sure it is innocent, notice that chevrette rimes with Marie Antoinette and they were guillotined in 1793 and which animal is the 1793? Loup des cerviers, surely a subtile way to represent Louis XVI et son appetit par cerviettes. Laughing
I forgot to thank you, I am completely delighted with these leaflets, I may even redesign the Starlux section at the wiki accordingly with the information here provided. Starlux is probably the best toy animal company of ever! cheers

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 7:48 am

widukind wrote:
Oh, WWF snakes? What are the species? Especially the duiker is phenomenal

..take care Andreas, only the second page (74) is about WWF collection whose sculptings are from the talented Pierre Dandelot. The animals from 1980 (first page) are just a complement to the previous collection with animals scarcely produiced at this time like echidnea, boa, sloth, thylacin.. but they are now as expensive than the WWF ones because their production was not important for most of peoples prefered at this time buy far less expensive animals from China.. I was a young adult in 1981 (21 old) and even didn't know they were produiced for this new collection was scarcely available in bazars, rather in some book shops.. Fortunatly, I found the thylacin in a bazar window in front of wich I was passing and I bought it althoug I 've already stopped to collect animals but I could'nt resist to it and it survived to several neviews who broke many of my collection before I decided to save them. And now this thylacin rather badly painted ( I repainted mine) is sold for about 150 euros!.. affraid
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 7:50 am

Roger wrote:
Caracal wrote:
Roger wrote:

Laughing Actually joke is not mine but from Starlux! If there is something that the French Revolution brought to the culture of several countries, it was a kind of satirical humour. It is not only typical from French people, Portuguese people also imported it. I am not sure it is innocent, notice that chevrette rimes with Marie Antoinette and they were guillotined in 1793 and which animal is the 1793? Loup des cerviers, surely a subtile way to represent Louis XVI et son appetit par cerviettes. Laughing
I forgot to thank you, I am completely delighted with these leaflets, I may even redesign the Starlux section at the wiki accordingly with the information here provided. Starlux is probably the best toy animal company of ever! cheers

Laughing Rogério, you make me too laught! I have though to Marie Antoinette of course!.. but not to the rime with "chevrette"! Applause Laughing

Your last phrase is sweet to me because, like many little french kids, I grew up with this company, but we well know, you and me, that many species are far better from Elastolin or Britains!.. and more solid! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 11:42 am

Caracal wrote:
Your last phrase is sweet to me because, like many little french kids, I grew up with this company, but we well know, you and me, that many species are far better from Elastolin or Britains!.. and more solid! :)

Yes, that's true, they are often more realistic but they do not have the artistic level patented in many Starlux figures. Besides of it, the Starlux range is unbeatable, None of the competitors were ever close to it. That's why I say that pondering all aspects, Starlux is probably the best brand of ever. Though, my favorite series is the Lineol IV generation but these are not made of plastic. Wink Starlux is a part of your youth, a part of your life, they captivate you and the time you've spent with these figures is what makes them important for you, they are your friends. Am I talking like the Little Prince's fox? Laughing

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 10:59 pm

Wonderful catalogue and information Caracal.

Starlux were unheard of in the UK during from the 1960's to the beginning of the 1970's. In the mid 1970's a model shop chain Beatties imported them but only the soldier figures in presentation boxes.

Solido, a French toy car manufacturer, used Starlux soldier figures for their military range and for their Gift Sets.

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 pm

Roger wrote:
Caracal wrote:
Your last phrase is sweet to me because, like many little french kids, I grew up with this company, but we well know, you and me, that many species are far better from Elastolin or Britains!.. and more solid!  :)

Yes, that's true, they are often more realistic but they do not have the artistic level patented in many Starlux figures. Besides of it, the Starlux range is unbeatable, None of the competitors were ever close to it. That's why I say that pondering all aspects, Starlux is probably the best brand of ever. Though, my favorite series is the Lineol IV generation but these are not made of plastic. Wink  Starlux is a part of your youth, a part of your life, they captivate you and the time you've spent with these figures is what makes them important for you, they are your friends. Am I talking like the Little Prince's fox? Laughing

Sure you are! .. and it's not surprising from the fox lover you are! Very Happy .. but you're perfectly right: Starlux range is unbeatable and my interest for this brand is more based on our common history than on a rational analysis! drunken
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:

Starlux were unheard of in the UK during from the 1960's to the beginning of the 1970's. In the mid 1970's a model shop chain Beatties imported them but only the soldier figures in presentation boxes.

Solido, a French toy car manufacturer, used Starlux soldier figures for their military range and for their Gift Sets.

You know it's the same for us in France with Britains! Britains wild animals and soldiers were not available in the sixties and seventies in the small town I was living close. Only for the end of seventies, some farm animals and machines could be found! :)
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 1:32 am

Caracal wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:

You know it's the same for us in France with Britains! Britains wild animals and soldiers were not available in the sixties and seventies in the small town I was living close. Only for the end of seventies, some farm animals and  machines could be found!  :)

Hi Caracal

Well there is a good reason why we both had these ranges available to us from the mid to late 1970's. The European Union. Before then there were high import tariffs which made foreign toys too expensive to buy.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 2:28 am

Roger wrote:

Laughing  Laughing From now on, I'll look at catalogue numbers in a completely different way. How about 1814, the year Napoleon was defeated? Is there a link between Napoleon and foxes? I could only find this:
Satire on the fear of French invasion, 1794-1805. (British political cartoon); George III holds up the fox, Napoleon, for the hounds who leap up eagerly. Their collars identify them as the admirals St. Vincent, Nelson, Sydney Smith, Gardner, and Cornwallis. Death of the Corsican-fox. Scene the last, of the royal hunt. 20 July 1803. Bodleian Libraries.

Interestingly, the Starlux fox is a small type of fox.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 2:54 am

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Caracal wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:

You know it's the same for us in France with Britains! Britains wild animals and soldiers were not available in the sixties and seventies in the small town I was living close. Only for the end of seventies, some farm animals and  machines could be found!  :)

Hi Caracal

Well there is a good reason why we both had these ranges available to us from the mid to late 1970's. The European Union. Before then there were high import tariffs which made foreign toys too expensive to buy.

Yes Chris, you have the good explanation! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 2:58 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Roger wrote:

Laughing  Laughing From now on, I'll look at catalogue numbers in a completely different way. How about 1814, the year Napoleon was defeated? Is there a link between Napoleon and foxes? I could only find this:
Satire on the fear of French invasion, 1794-1805. (British political cartoon); George III holds up the fox, Napoleon, for the hounds who leap up eagerly. Their collars identify them as the admirals St. Vincent, Nelson, Sydney Smith, Gardner, and Cornwallis. Death of the Corsican-fox. Scene the last, of the royal hunt. 20 July 1803. Bodleian Libraries.

Interestingly, the Starlux fox is a small type of fox.

Oh my God!.. would you all mean Starlux would a crypto-british brand be?!!.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 12:45 pm

lol! I see you are playing the game! Very Happy
About Napoleon and foxes, isn't it one of Napoleon's citations?

"Je sais, quand il le faut, quitter la peau du lion pour prendre celle du renard."

The most important year of the History of my homeland (Olhão) is represented by the penguin, curiously it is related also with Napoleon.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 10:55 pm

I didn't know that Napoleon's citation,..  so.. Starlux can a true french brand be!.. Fuuee!.. you reassured me Rogério!.. Laughing

..and I understand why the fox lover you are, is also a specialist of Napoleon!.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 12:20 am

Caracal wrote:
I didn't know that Napoleon's citation,..  so.. Starlux can a true french brand be!.. Fuuee!.. you reassured me Rogério!.. Laughing

..and I understand why the fox lover you are, is also a specialist of Napoleon!.. Smile

Maybe I am just someone that loves my homeland and to avoid being tiring with my Napoleonic jokes, I won't tell what happened in my homeland but here is a link in French language that you can read if you ever find motivation to do it.
study

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 10:43 am

very interesting thank you! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starlux zoo leaflet   Starlux zoo leaflet Empty

Back to top Go down

Starlux zoo leaflet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next