Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains horses

Go down 
+2
widukind
Taos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 2:53 pm

My Britains horses-Draught and Riding horses.Have included the colour variants I have as well
Picture 1 are the Draught horses.Originally in older catalogues they were individual breeds but later they were just work/draught horses.
The 2 back models on the left are unfamiliar to me-think they are earlier models and the ones on the right are Suffolk Punch
Front models from right are Shire and Clydesdale.
Picture 2 and 3 are the Riding horses-
Picture 2 are Riding horses-again in older catalogues they were individual breeds but later they were just riding horses with a cross over in the Percheron,last 2 models on the left.
From right Holstein and Arab,Hunter and Percheron.
Picture 3 are later models
From right Thoroughbred and Welsh Cob.However in one catalogue the same black horse is both a Thoroughbred and a Welsh Cob!

Britains horses 01014
Britains horses 02015
Britains horses 02314

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 3:29 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Ohhhhhh drunken I love you

Taos

Taos

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:49 pm

Than you!

Taos

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Sorry,Thank you,terrible typing!!

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Two two top left horses in the first photo are the "field horses", produced between 1958 and 1969. I notice you have got the tan shire horse, which is quite rare because it was only produced as part of an equestrian set (I think). Is your tan shire horse fatter than the brown and white ones? The two I have are.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 pm

I know Britains explored thematics where horse figures were common but it doesn't explain why Britains horses are so competently sculpted. This time you surprised me, I wasn't expecting so many in your collection. Very Happy

Taos

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 11:17 am

Roger-Yes would agree that Britains horses are very well sculpted for their size and thank you for you nice comment on my collection!
Rogerpgvg-Thank you for the info regarding the 2 horses not familiar to me.Yes my Palomino Shire is fatter than the others!I didn't realise he was that rare!Britains is generally very accurate but not in regards to this model as Shires don't come in this colour!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 3:37 pm

WOW , Taylor, I love your avatar !!! cheers

Taos

Taos

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 5:39 pm

Thank you!! Smile Smile

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Taos wrote:
Yes my Palomino Shire is fatter than the others!I didn't realise he was that rare!Britains is generally very accurate but not in regards to this model as Shires don't come in this colour!

I didn't know palomino shires didn't exist, fun fact to know. As a collector, I like finding out about these trivial details. The fact that the palomino shire horse is fatter suggests that Britains used different moulds for different colours. Perhaps not so surprising, as otherwise the colours might mix, but I always like finding out more about the production process. I thought I might just have two fat ones by chance, but your fat shire horse confirms it.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Nice collection! I have a few Britains too, they are nicely made! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Britains horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains horses   Britains horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains horses
Page 1 of 1