Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The virus causes serious delays, - at best !

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
SUSANNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! Empty
PostSubject: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 9:56 pm

We have probably all noticed that the new models are very late for almost all brands .

I was just checking Modellpferdeversand , because they usually get the new Mojo models, and I so much would like to get the new donkeys.
And look what they write affraid
Dramatic cost for shipping to the US !

And in German they write that the parcels har piling up, and DHL has got massive problems Shocked

For some weeks I have been aware that as most models are made in China, there will be delays.
But not it slowly begins to dawn on me that some compagnies may have more serious problems than that Rolling Eyes
Can they all survive ? Shocked Shocked

Please tell me I am totally wrong !!!! Crying or Very sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 12:52 am

It will be hard to measure the consequences of it. We are far from being virus free and several sectors are already having serious problems. I believe companies have their contingency plans but all of them will suffer a punch in their stumaches. Delays are unavoidable and just a minor consequence. A finantial depression will exist for sure and companies need to readjust their strategies to survive. The online trade is favoured with this situation but that's just one of the last steps. It is important to warrant that every other stages of production flow. One thing is for sure, next year, the number of new releases will dicrease a lot, get ready for reused moulds, re-releases or other strategies to reduce the investment.
Let's not be apocalyptic and understand that a big reformulation will be done. I still hope a 2021 full of Australian animal figures! bounce bounce

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 1:25 am

DHL has major problems to begin with. Rolling Eyes

In all seriousness though, I agree with Roger's assessment. I think theres going to be a "depression" in this hobby and we will likely see less new figures, less ingenuity, and a lot of recycling old moulds.

But instead of despair I think it will be all too important for us to support them despite this where we can, and at some point things should get better. I see it as another opportunity for companies to endure a new "renaissance" in this hobby in the future.

But theres no way to tell the future, so lets see what comes. I still hope to see the hobby turn out for the better! (Maybe there will be some new canids, new australian fauna, who knows?)

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 10:43 am

I was also on Modellpferdeversand and I was looking at what new stock they had, as I buy 90% of my figures there. The new stock is exactly what they had three months ago, so the virus is slowing down production.

I truly hope that the brands don't recall what they were supposed to release as I have my 2020 wishlist and its not cheap in the Papo section!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 4:42 pm

Schleich has such market penetrance they'll probably be okay even if they don't do great this year. We've seen Sarlooswolfhund's post of Safari's cry for help. I'd really worry about smaller brands, like Papo, CollectA- who knows where they're sold besides online?- and especially Bullyland, which already seemed to be struggling. This may be enough to push Bully over. And the really smaller niche brands, like Replica Fish and Southlands. Even the Japanese makers might be hurt, their market area is so small and is being severely impacted.
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 4:51 pm

I have been on modellpferdversand a few times and also bought from them once as well. They have an absolutely awesome selection of animals but I was not fond of being charged €36 euros for the shipping of only 3 bullyland wolves to my home in the US. Sad

Unfortunately with all the International flights being grounded or cancelled and multiple countries being closed, it has been incredibly hard to ship to and from other countries and there seems to be no end in sight. I've got packages sitting in Australia and Germany and I have absolutely no idea when or if I will be seeing them. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I don't see them until 2021...

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 6:26 pm

$36! affraid that's more than I may be paying for 20 Yowies and 3 Safari from Kelly!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Papo, Mojo Fun, CollectA, they are all delayed on MPV it seems.
Safari LTD made a post on Instagram regarding them needing help in these difficult times. Unfortunately, they only ship in the US.

I really hope this will all end soon.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pm

There are certainly benefits of it all ending but their is something positive regarding the planet: carbon emissions have heavily decreased which in my opinion is good.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:41 pm

Advicot wrote:
There are certainly benefits of it all ending but their is something positive regarding the planet: carbon emissions have heavily decreased which in my opinion is good.

Ohh, yes !!!!!
I am even sure I can smell that the air is cleaner Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The virus causes serious delays, - at best !   The virus causes serious delays, - at best ! Empty

Back to top Go down

The virus causes serious delays, - at best !
Page 1 of 1