Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Cataloging/Database

Go down 
+15
Gwaine
George
Kikimalou
Valinor
Tiermann
halichoeres
WhiteLightning Wolf
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
Duck-Anch-Amun
RtasVadumee
spacelab
SUSANNE
Advicot
Saarlooswolfhound
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

Collection Cataloging/Database - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hi again   Collection Cataloging/Database - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:28 pm

Dear Sts Frients:

Hey guys, I found this thread, and couldn't resist taking a look. Saarlooswolfhound, here's how I organize my collectors reference guide: item number, animal, brand. I don't include the years it was made or discontinued. If it is a figure with no number, then those go at the bottom of the list. And at the very bottom are the totals, of animals and brands. For example, for Schleich, I have written: Schleich: 429. This means that I have 429 schleich models in my collection. Well, that's including the Ice Tiger, which I don't have yet, but maybe some day I will. Also, when counting my collection, I lump together my playmobil, plush, and lego as one category. So for that entry, I have written: Other: 415.

You see how it works? It's actually pretty nice having a list like this. Whenever I get new figures, I always jot them down in the list itself. By the way, what do you do if your collection has model trees in it, or animal skull models? Do you count these as part of your total? I'm just wondering, because I have a bunch of model trees in my collection, and I don't know if I should count them or not. Anyway, if any one can help me figure this out, that would be great.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Collection Cataloging/Database   Collection Cataloging/Database - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 11:32 pm

I remember this thread!
I don't have a comprehensive list of my collection yet, though I do know the main points I want to record - such as current value for insurance/inheritance purposes
how many of each model
and photos of each item, especially because I collect herds, so there are many individual differences including different plastics and colours used in production over the decades
and something I will note down is the price I paid, and date bought - or date received if I didn't buy it

I store them in small boxes inside larger boxes/containers, and they are labelled on the outsides, and and are already in their family groups too - eg all zebras together from all makes, but each style from each make is together - lined up neatly in their box. Mostly I have them wrapped separately in tissue to prevent damages.

Photos are the easiest to classify them for me, and with back ups made of these.
Photos can also be written on, which is handy.

I like how Roger has laid out his columns!
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: My collection: a short tour   Collection Cataloging/Database - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 12, 2024 4:14 am

Dear Sunny,

Hey there, I saw your post about your collection, and, just to let you know, I do sort of the same thing, aalthough I don't sort by species. I do however have boxes for hoofed creatures, amphibians, birds, reptiles, prehistoric, rodents and rabbits, and domestic cats. And these are just a few of the categories I have. Mostly I keep my figures in boxes, sort of like what you do. If you asked me which box, or household, was the largest, I would definitely say the birds, because there are 226 of them at the moment. And why do I call the boxes households? Because each box functions sort of like an apartment building. And that's just the way it works. By the way, the current total in my collection is 2093, and rising. Anyway, if you want more information, please ask, and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Cataloging/Database   Collection Cataloging/Database - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Cataloging/Database
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2