Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ELC Common seal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Just found this seal as part of the ECL wildlife!
Common seal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 3:25 pm

Nice seal

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Thanks!his number for TAI is 16190

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 6:43 pm

I have never seen that one before !!! cheers
It surely has to be in our Wiki. Could it be the harp seal from the Polar Animals Set ?
or the British Wildlife Series  perhaps ?

How big is it ? Very Happy

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:19 pm

I'm discovering new things about ELC study This is a figure I have never seen before. The polar animals set has AAA figures in it and I will be adding the puffin, arctic fox, ermine, penguin and polar bear cub.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 9:25 pm

Your collection is incredible. Before I had more information than pictures and now I have more pictures than information. Laughing
Where to put it now?
I wanted also to make the list of polar animals even if they are all AAA but I can't find a picture with all of them I'v once found on forum and forgot to save.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], are your reindeers already boxed?

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 8:55 am

Roger wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], are your reindeers already boxed?

Sorry, what do you mean with boxed ?

They are here in TAI [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Probably they belong in the Arctic set and not in the British wildlife set ? scratch

Advicot

Advicot

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 10:17 am

I think they are British wildlife as I got the arctic set when I was little and no reindeer were in the box

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 10:45 am

I think he belongs in the British wildlife as he is marked ELC.The harp seal is completely different in colour and form.The reindeer I remember getting him with the other deer as British Wildlife and they are in the UK in Scotland-introduced but more controlled than the Muntjac! Smile
Here is the harp seal by AAA and its pup.

Admin
Roger

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 12:02 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Sorry, what do you mean with boxed ?

They are here in TAI [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Probably they belong in the Arctic set and not in the British wildlife set ? scratch

I mean stored, Susanne. If they are, please don't worry too much about it.
The seal presented here, opened some doubts and clearing them up may lead us to the right way. Though, if we can't figure it out, it will go to large British set as Taylor is suggesting.
You have two differently coloured reindeers. You listed them in different pages and I merged them once I thought they were just trivial color variants.
Though, I may be wrong and maybe they belong to different sets. The only number I have to the reindeer is 16077, but as there are two differently coloured rabbits with different numbers. I am convinced they may belong to different sets.
So, it could be useful to know if your reindeers have the same or different numbers.

There is the 4766 rabbit from Julie
That seems to be the same as Taylor's and the number is in sequence with the red deer and fallow deer what puts it clearly in the same set as these.

There is also the 100180 Rabbit from your collection, Susanne.

The number is meaningless at the moment but if it was 16180, it was close to the mentioned seal.
I initially thought it could be from the pet series but the rabbit on it is a lop-eared one.
There is also an important fox variant, with less contrasting colours, I don't have it but I've seen it in the past in Susanne's and Anna's (Sweden) collections. I also don't know if they belong to different sets or if they are just regular variants.
I know it is quite boring but this method allowed us to sort several unknown series and sets at the Toy Animal Wiki.

Admin
Roger

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 12:32 pm

Advicot wrote:
I think they are British wildlife as I got the arctic set when I was little and no reindeer were in the box

Taos wrote:

Here is the harp seal by AAA and its pup.

Adam and Taylor, I've just finished a page dedicated to the ELC Polar Animals set. I used the pictures already available on AAA section. I think the seals of Susanne are the same as yours Taylor? I saved your pictures anyway, with AAA we never know...
It is missing the puffin but could you please check if I selected correctly all other figures. I have a slight idea the snowy owl was a different model and I have no memory from the walrus, just a guess. Though, I think all other are correct, what do you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Advicot

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 12:39 pm

The arctic hare is incorrect as it was a totally different mould, the hare was sitting, also the set didn't include the adult walrus but just the baby. I have the puffin and I'll post it in the Photos for the TAI on Friday. :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 12:50 pm

Advicot wrote:
The arctic hare is incorrect as it was a totally different mould, the hare was sitting, also the set didn't include the adult walrus but just the baby. I have the puffin and I'll post it in the Photos for the TAI on Friday. :)

Thanks Adam! I fixed it. So, all the rest is correct, even the snowy owl?
Do you happen to have the Arctic hare too? If you have it, together with your puffin, we could complete it. Very Happy

Advicot

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 12:52 pm

I am really unsure about the owl as I don't remember it being in the set, I lost the hare a while back but I'll search my house and even my farm as I took him out to play when I was very little. Hope this helps :)

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 2:34 pm

That looks great Roger.Unfortunately I only have that Harp seal and pup from this set!

ELC Common seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELC Common seal   ELC Common seal Empty

Back to top Go down

ELC Common seal
Page 1 of 1