Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My zoo and aquarium pics

Go down 
+13
Caracal
Ana
Kikimalou
Jill
twilighter
Bonnie
Advicot
landrover
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
RtasVadumee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 12:14 pm

Amsterdam

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 5:25 am

Very nice visit to Artis royal zoo, a zoo where I have very good memories. The shine of a sun conure, the innocence of a young Nile goose, the laziness of a Brazilian tapir, the smart look of a fennec, the pride of a bull California sea lion, the sunbathing time of the capybaras, the gaudy colors of a lilac-breasted roller, the always interesting lowland anoa (I have pending to take a good photo of this species, since the ones I have are bad), the inquisitive look of the Diana monkey (probably he's thinking about why he should be the standard measure for comparing scales of other animals haha), more Nile geese and the exciting ocellated turkey, an elegant young great kudu, a fluffy superb starling, the strong family bond of mommy ground hornbill with its son, the Northern gannet that live in the jackass penguin enclosure (one of the most interesting animals at Artis! I never saw gannets in any other zoo), the freenzy of a three-banded armadillo, the Chinese muntjack trying to hide behind a dry bush, sleepy red ruffed lemur (these are free-ranging without any enclosure!), hygiene time for the Temminck's tragopan, a wild visiting young grey heron, mom and baby elephants wishing a for a big pool instead a muddy soil, the avocet congregation, the patience of a girdled lizard, the unbeatable elegance of a scimitar-horned oryx (when will brands produce antelopes with enough thin horns? Very Happy ), and the modesty of the dull female of Palawan peacock-pheasant.

For me, the best highlights of Artis were: the mouse lemurs, Japanese macaques, Thomson's gazelle, margay, grey partridge, northern gannet, ocellated turkey, red-billed curassow, false gharial, painted river terrapin, electric blue gecko and splitfin flashlightfish. Biggest misses were the Congo peafowl as well as lowland anoas and springboks. I enjoyed overall a lot in the aquarium. It's a good zoo, but I think Micropia should be included in it with the same entry, as Micropia requires a separate entry as expensive as the own zoo! (and it's not worth for me, certainly).

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 8:49 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Very nice visit to Artis royal zoo, a zoo where I have very good memories. The shine of a sun conure, the innocence of a young Nile goose, the laziness of a Brazilian tapir,  the smart look of a fennec, the pride of a bull California sea lion, the sunbathing time of the capybaras, the gaudy colors of a lilac-breasted roller, the always interesting lowland anoa (I have pending to take a good photo of this species, since the ones I have are bad), the inquisitive look of the Diana monkey (probably he's thinking about why he should be the standard measure for comparing scales of other animals haha), more Nile geese and the exciting ocellated turkey, an elegant young great kudu, a fluffy superb starling, the strong family bond of mommy ground hornbill with its son, the Northern gannet that live in the jackass penguin enclosure (one of the most interesting animals at Artis! I never saw gannets in any other zoo), the freenzy of a three-banded armadillo, the Chinese muntjack trying to hide behind a dry bush,  sleepy red ruffed lemur (these are free-ranging without any enclosure!), hygiene time for the Temminck's tragopan, a wild visiting young grey heron, mom and baby elephants wishing a for a big pool instead a muddy soil, the avocet congregation, the patience of a girdled lizard, the unbeatable elegance of a scimitar-horned oryx (when will brands produce antelopes with enough thin horns? Very Happy ), and the modesty of the dull female of Palawan peacock-pheasant.

For me, the best highlights of Artis were: the mouse lemurs, Japanese macaques, Thomson's gazelle, margay, grey partridge, northern gannet, ocellated turkey, red-billed curassow, false gharial, painted river terrapin, electric blue gecko and splitfin flashlightfish. Biggest misses were the Congo peafowl as well as lowland anoas and springboks. I enjoyed overall a lot in the aquarium. It's a good zoo, but I think Micropia should be included in it with the same entry, as Micropia requires a separate entry as expensive as the own zoo! (and it's not worth for me, certainly).

Thank you. The problem was my time. I was alone in the zoo and my family was shopping. I believe i have seen all, but i can not remember me of the species that you wrote. But it could be, that some houses was closed by Covid.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 12:39 pm

Artis park sunny Less than three hours from my home cheers

And I never went there Embarassed Crying or Very sad

I will have to trap my family with a "fabulous week-end in Amsterdam" next year Laughing

Thank you for the pics, Andreas and for the explanation Pardo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 5:38 pm

Bergzoo Halle

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 5:39 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Artis park sunny Less than three hours from my home cheers

And I never went there Embarassed Crying or Very sad

I will have to trap my family with a "fabulous week-end in Amsterdam" next year Laughing

Thank you for the pics, Andreas and for the explanation Pardo Very Happy

A good idea with a weekend Amsterdam trip :)

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 10:41 pm

Lovely shots of all these wonderful animals! cheers The stripes of the zebra are really beautiful, and so are the ducks with the reflections of the water! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 8:15 am

Thank you Bonnie

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 10:49 am

A nice zoo as it seems Very Happy Alas too far from me this time Sad
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 5:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
A nice zoo as it seems Very Happy  Alas too far from me this time Sad

I hope to see the Paris Aquarium next month :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Hurghada Aquarium again

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 11:45 pm

Curious for an aquarium to have ostriches.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 7:51 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Curious for an aquarium to have ostriches.

Thats right

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 8:14 am

Amazing fishes ! It must be huge fish tanks, except for the poor little sea horses !

What does one do in Hurghada ? I just found it in Google Maps, and it seems to be nothing but sand Laughing
And sea, of course Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 9:48 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Amazing fishes ! It must be huge fish tanks, except for the poor little sea horses !

What does one do in Hurghada ? I just found it in Google Maps, and it seems to be nothing but sand  Laughing
And sea, of course Very Happy

Sun sand and sea- Snorkeling and visit the Aquarium. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 1:35 pm

Amazonas Park Neapoli / Crete

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 11:26 pm

For being an Amazonas park, it have a bit of fixation for Australian birds hehe Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 10:19 am

Pardofelis wrote:
For being an Amazonas park, it have a bit of fixation for Australian birds hehe Very Happy

Oh yes, but the bird lives free there. I dont know the reason.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 12:33 pm

I assume you mean the kookaburra, since the other birds, either Australian and South American, are clearly inside netted enclosures. I guess the kookaburra is an occasional escape or instead is used in a free flight demonstration and just waiting for be recovered.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 4:24 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
I assume you mean the kookaburra, since the other birds, either Australian and South American, are clearly inside netted enclosures. I guess the kookaburra is an occasional escape or instead is used in a free flight demonstration and just waiting for be recovered.

No demonstration. A member there told me its normally. I also think he was fly away but there was nothing about a kookaburra in that park. Who knows.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 4:27 pm

Aquaworld Chersonissos /Crete

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 11:21 pm

My favourite photo is the python head, wow, amazing! But my favourite species is the magnific Brown Ray, a species I never saw!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 11:47 am

Pardofelis wrote:
My favourite photo is the python head, wow, amazing! But my favourite species is the magnific Brown Ray, a species I never saw!

Thank you. The ray was only a gueat there. Fishermans bring injured animals to this place and the people help for the cure. The ray was one example for that. But so it was a chance to see a specie that is very rare in zoos and aquariums.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 4:09 pm

Cretaquarium Heraklion / Crete

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 4:56 pm

Zoo Hagenbeck Hamburg

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My zoo and aquarium pics   My zoo and aquarium pics - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My zoo and aquarium pics
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next