Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!

Go down 
+18
George
landrover
Ana
Farm collector
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Caracal
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
costicuba
Roger
Taos
Advicot
SUSANNE
spacelab
Saarlooswolfhound
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2020 - 17:52

First up are some really old photos... don't judge them too harshly. First off I had a not-so-great-camera, and my yard has changed over the past some 10 years (in terms of plant inhabitants). I thought it wouldn't hurt to show some of my old stuff, even if my newer stuff is of better quality (at least in my opinion).
Tranquil swim
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The busy-body

Sun lit glow

Little Peepers

The Excavator

Racing Stripes

Slender Snouted

Tapestry

Expert

Wrangling

Diversity

Canopy Climber

Forest Phantoms

Social Visit

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2020 - 18:07

Part 2 of Old Work. Smile
Queen of the Prehistoric Age

World's Largest

African Sanctuary

Gotta Go Fast

Black Beauty

Watch Yourself

Successful First

Can you see me?

King of the Rock

Algae Flippers

Wash Up

Lordship Struggle

Survivors

Brunch

What a Display

Night Prowlers

Prince's Crown

Stick the Landing

Forest Glen

Summer

Beat the Heat

Watch where you stick that thing!

Consorting

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2020 - 18:21

Part 3. This includes one of several trips to a coast featuring some marine species.

Day's Labor

Ocean Vultures

Megabeast

Deadly sight

Passers By

Day at the Beach

Washed up Forest

Cruising for Fishes

Lounging about

Surf and Turf

Beach Stalker

Hunting Trip

Polar Predators

Northern Cousins

The Search

Arctic Hangout

Missed!

A look back

Big Ol' Beast

Tag alongs

Winter Freeze

Polar Vortex

Trotting off

Spotted

Natural Habitat

Scoping it out

And this sums up my old photography work! I hope you enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2020 - 19:36

This was the most wonderful nature film I have seen for many years cheers bounce Applause cheers

And best of all, - I can go back and see it again drunken ...and again cheers

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2020 - 21:44

very beautiful pictures!.. you seem to live in a lovely area! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 3:56

Beauuuuutiful photos .. and soooo many affraid cheers
And you did really great job with all of them , with love and good skills .
Like Susanne said, it is like real , nature film , where plastic models become alive :)
Well done Paige Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 18:28

Finally got a dusting of snow with more to come! 

So here are the reindeer getting ready for their big day in celebration of a (maybe) white Christmas. Another reason to celebrate, I finally have 8 reindeer that are roughly in scale with each other! (I love reindeer/caribou so this is a happy day)

Who brought the kid along?

CollectA showing Schleich what a real rack looks like!

The same artist who made me me some customized dogs also made some collars and this bell. Instead of adorning a cow I chose my little bully reindeer.

And these are my GIANT reindeer that without using forced perspective always look huge.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 18:38

Lovely Paige

I never get much chance to get my animals photographed in the snow as it either isn't round for very long or there's two much and I am digging sheep out of holes in which they got stuck Laughing

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 18:59

We have snow today too, and I think you and I are usually in the same stormfronts. I am upset because I usually do my 9-12 mile runs on Saturday mornings...Grrrr.... Evil or Very Mad

You know, I have been researching reindeer to find a figure to compliment my CollectA figure. The CollectA figure represents the woodland variety which is usually non-migratory and often solitary. I want one to represent one of the migratory species that forms large herds. Unfortunately none of them are grabbing my interest strong enough. Schleich would probably be the best as it probably represents a European variety. Safari might work too, or Mojo, but I fear the Mojo paint is too simple...thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 19:04

I would love to see these but annoyingly the photos aren't loading for me! Crying or Very sad
Maybe I'll try again a bit later, I am very excited to see! bounce santa
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 19:26

beautiful reindeers herd! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 19:39

Nice herd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 20:41

It works now! cheers cheers
And I'm so glad it did because these are beautiful, such a lovely herd! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 22:37

Thank you everyone!

@blaine, I can do a little walkaround/comparison if the models I have if you'd like. Between the figures shown, there is a lot of a variety. I do recomend the Mojo, as its a great figure. As for painting, Mojo often updates the paint work on models so maybe a better scheme in the coming years will suit you better? Or you could have someone repaint it for you. I will collect my thoughts on my herd of reindeer and post them here shortly (as I am not at home currently). Are there any subspecies in particular you had in mind with representing?

But also, yes we get the same storm fronts usually (my area a few hours before you do). Our snow is already mostly melted, but we are promised more. Sorry about it ruining your run!

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 15:20

Wonderful,wonderful photos!! Applause Applause Applause

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 1:11

These are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 1:38

Thank you Taylor and Kelly. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 16:23

Ohhh! SO wonderful drunken

I adore reindeer, and your photos are like sunshine on a dark day sunny Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 18:56

I never have snow but I have your wonderful pictures to give me an atmosphere of joy and an enchanted Christmas spirit! I used the chance to revisit many of the previous pictures and your work is really impressive! I think it is a honour to some figures to be photographed like that. I think their mentors never expected them to be presented in such a beautiful way! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 20:12

Thank you so much Susanne. I am glad to be of service on a dark day in Denmark. Wink

And thank you for your kind words Roger.  Embarassed I really just do it for fun and art I suppose, but I am happy with how they turn out usually.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 20:27

These pictures are amazing Shocked  cheers You really makes the figurines come alive, fantastic  Applause  cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2020 - 18:02

Thank you. :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2020 - 18:06

A little winter fun.

In honor of this magnificent species coming back from the brink. Behemoths

Tundra traipsing

Soft steps

Mountain King

Slept late

Winter Rouge

Nomads

A dire attempt

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed 16 Dec 2020 - 18:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2020 - 18:09

Such beautiful photos and I love how they are in the snow! cheers cheers Very Happy
The hunting wolves look amazing- so realistic and such lovely models! santa
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2020 - 23:59

Very beautiful again, Paige. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!    Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's Outdoor Photography Update 3/3/24 An Arctic Expedition!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next