Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unknown Clairet crocodile?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Unknown Clairet crocodile? Empty
PostSubject: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 12th 2020, 19:15

The book Soldats plastiques: Historique des marques françaises: Clairet by Alain Thomas and Daniel Trombetta shows the Clairet crocodiles below:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another crocodile was recently added to the TAW Clairet section (thanks to the contributor for the great photos):

Because it isn't in the Thomas and Trombetta book (which is based on price lists and seems quite complete), I wonder whether this is really a Clairet. The book does mention that some models were not in the price list, and this includes the two crocodiles at the bottom right of the first picture. Is there perhaps another, hitherto undiscovered Clairet crocodile?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 12th 2020, 19:33

It could be

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 12th 2020, 19:50

Very interesting Shocked

I was never in doubt that it is a clairet croc scratch
The sculpt is rather like the Clairet model to the left in your picture, but you are right, the colours are more bright, and looking closer there are also some other differences Very Happy

What brand can my croc be, then ? bounce Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 12th 2020, 19:54

The book is also interesting!!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 12th 2020, 19:56

Hey !!! Idea

As far as I remember I got it in a Clairet-lot together with a peacock from Cyrnos !

Could it be a Cyrnos-croc ???? Shocked Very Happy

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 12th 2020, 21:31

I don't know whether it is a Cymos, but their animals do seem more brightly coloured than Clairet. Clairet figures are usually marked F. Clairet FRANCE. Is your crocodile marked? The Clairet crocs in the book have their tails curves the other way than your croc.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 12th 2020, 22:00

rogerpgvg wrote:
I don't know whether it is a Cymos, but their animals do seem more brightly coloured than Clairet. Clairet figures are usually marked F. Clairet FRANCE. Is your crocodile marked? The Clairet crocs in the book have their tails curves the other way than your croc.

No, my croc is not marked at all Rolling Eyes

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 12th 2020, 22:20

I believe not all Clairets are marked, but there is enough space underneath the croc, so I am guessing it isn't Clairet. But what is it?

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 12th 2020, 22:30

rogerpgvg wrote:
I believe not all Clairets are marked, but there is enough space underneath the croc, so I am guessing it isn't Clairet. But what is it?

Yes !
What is it ? scratch

I hope Christophe reads this, he knows a lot about the old, French brands Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 01:56

Once Thiérry posted this crocodile. It is not the same, I know but I think the style is very similar. Though, there is another problem, Thiérry identified it as "maybe Acedo". Laughing
If it is Acedo, I guess @Caracal knows.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 08:01

Roger ! How on earth do you remember Shocked

Yes, it surely looks very much like my croc Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 15:43

Is that a gharial?

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 15:45

well, I think these 2 crocs are the same model but the one posted by Thierry miss its low jaw! Unfortunatly, I don't know the Acedo croc but I know there is one!.. and as it's not from Clairet, Jim, Cyrnos and Jem, so it could be from Acédo. :)

I checked on "Soldat Plastique", it's still non identified..

In Montreuil, during the fiveties and sixties, there were many brands which copied each from over!

Last edited by Caracal on May 13th 2020, 17:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 17:04

Caracal wrote:
well, I think these 2 crocs are the same model but the one posted by Thierry miss its low jaw! Unfortunatly, I don't know the Acedo croc but I know there is one!.. and as it's not from Clairet, Jim and Cyrnos, it could be from Acédo. :)

I agree, it is not Jim, - Jim used a softer material, and we know it is not Clairet.

But looking closer at the pictures of  Acedo models in TAI, I think it it is not the style of Acedo.
The material of the croc is very solid cream colour, and brightly painted. just like the peacock.
I do not think that is the style of Acedo Very Happy

But how do we know it is not Cyrnos ?
Thierry was just guessing Very Happy

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 17:21

Yes Susanne it could be from Cyrnos too, because few animals from this brand are known. Among them, I never seen a croc but maybe there is one!

here a picture from Lionel from "Soldat Plastique" about the same model:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 17:28

WOW !!! They are ever so charming cheers

Thankyou for the picture, it really make me smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 20:06

..and do you want laugh?.. I received it this morning among a lot of vintage animals sent by the same Lionel but I had not noticed it was this one before answering this post!

Can you imagine such a coincidence?! Very Happy

here it is:

..it seems to have one canceled inscription inside the green area.. could you check on your please?..
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 20:55

cheers lol! Applause

WOW ! Yes ! What a strange coincidence Very Happy

I have checked, there is no inscription on mine , - what a shame Suspect scratch
Does Lionel know anything about it ?
Is Lionel on this forum ? Sorry, I don't know everyone's real name Embarassed

Ohhh, are you going to show your new vintage models , please, please Very Happy

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 21:51

The detective work is beginning to pay off: we are getting closer and closer to the truth. Just one more detective and we'll have solved it.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 21:55

Very Happy I hope so Roger!..

Susanne, they are mainly Clairet and Starlux you already know but some pieces are mysterious, I 'll show them OK!

Lionel is a friend from my french forum "Soldat Plastique" who, like me and some others, collect mainly vintage animals and I already asked to him if he had some news about this croc but I am waiting for his answer.. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 13th 2020, 22:04

rogerpgvg wrote:
The detective work is beginning to pay off: we are getting closer and closer to the truth. Just one more detective and we'll have solved it.

Laughing  Laughing

Caracal wrote:

Susanne, they are mainly Clairet and Starlux you already know but some pieces are mysterious, I 'll show them OK!

Ohhh, yes, please cheers

Caracal wrote:
Lionel is a friend from my french forum "Soldat Plastique" who, like me and some others, collect mainly vintage animals and I already asked to him if he had some news about this croc but I am waiting for his answer.. :)

Thankyou Very Happy

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 14th 2020, 00:35

Well, an other "Soldat Plastique " member, got it in a lot of Cyrnos models and presents it as Cyrnos in "Soldat Plastique" Cyrnos post.. :)

Last edited by Caracal on May 14th 2020, 09:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 14th 2020, 02:08

Caracal wrote:
Well, an other "Soldat Plastique " member, got it in a lot of Cyrnos models and presents it as Cyrnos in Cyrnos range.. :)

I'm loving this topic, so the Cyrnos conspiration is taking shape. bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? EmptyMay 14th 2020, 08:17

Roger wrote:
Caracal wrote:
Well, an other "Soldat Plastique " member, got it in a lot of Cyrnos models and presents it as Cyrnos in Cyrnos range.. :)

I'm loving this topic, so the Cyrnos conspiration is taking shape. bounce

Cool Cool Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Clairet crocodile?   Unknown Clairet crocodile? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unknown Clairet crocodile?
Page 1 of 1