Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Black leopard

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
costicuba
6 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

CollectA Black leopard Empty
PostSubject: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptySun May 31, 2020 11:49 am

Some of you know, that I am not only a big fan of wild cats, ... but a huge fan of Black panthers too ! Very Happy

So I had to have this new Collecta pretty boy !

Just as the Nonius Stallion , I tried first some pics with this background :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But again , it doesn`t work very well .. The details are not so visible ... Anyway, let`s see two more pics like that .. :

And now, let`s change the background for a walkaround Wink

I really like this model. It has a wonderful pose and good proportions . Not the best leopard head in my opinion ... and it has a bit too bulky torso ... but overall : a nice leopard model.
And now, with this black coloration, CollectA did a great job.
I really like the colors, the spots are vissible and well made .
Maybe on these pics, you can see it better :

And together with the original color :

Very Happy

They look great together :)

A photo for TAW :

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptySun May 31, 2020 12:12 pm

A beautyful, beautyful cat I love you
The way he is strolling along in a lazy pace, - just as they do when everything is ok Very Happy

And I am very impressed by your photos !
Black models can be extremely difficult to get right in a picture, but with differnet backgrounds and different light, you show us both all the details and the general impression here Applause

Makes one realize how fantastic is the eye/brain co-operation, and we don't even think of it Very Happy

spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptySun May 31, 2020 12:19 pm

I was waiting to see a walkaround of this one, as I don't have any black leopard yet.

The first background works better in this case, as this is how shiny and dark they look. Of course the second background reveals much better the details that we need to see in a presentation. Both sets of pics are very useful.

The photo of the real leopard was a revelation, as it shows clearly that if they just had made the head a bit shorter it would be an almost perfect sculpt.
I think I like the black version better, do you think it's a better choice in comparison with the Papo one?

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptySun May 31, 2020 12:34 pm

Thank you very much dear Susanne and Space sunny

spacelab wrote:

I think I like the black version better, do you think it's a better choice in comparison with the Papo one?

Do you mean the Papo black leopard in a hunting pose ? Or the Papo black Jaguar ...? Because I really think, that the jaguar actually is a almost perfect black Leopard .. and it is probably my favorite Very Happy The head of it , is a very good presentation of leopard`s head I think .. Wink

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Thanks Kosta for these walk arounds and for breaking a certain lethargy on forum regarding this kind of topics. I hope during next month to be able of presenting a few reviews too. I really enjoy the model and apparently the presentation of rosets in black panthers is turning the rule. Another step forward in
this industry. In the past they were all solide black. Love the real leopard picture with the same pose and a demonstration how these CollectA leopards are really great models.

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 4:32 am

SUSANNE wrote:

And I am very impressed by your photos !
Black models can be extremely difficult to get right in a picture, but with differnet backgrounds and different light, you show us both all the details and the general impression here Applause

Makes one realize how fantastic is the eye/brain co-operation, and we don't even think of it Very Happy

Actually, the interesting thing is that, I didn`t change the light or the plase of taking photos.... I just change the background .. and baamm,
the camera changed so much the look of the model :)

Roger wrote:
Thanks Kosta for these walk arounds and for breaking a certain lethargy on forum regarding this kind of topics. I hope during next month to be able of presenting a few reviews too.

Thank you Roger :)
Oh, I really hope, that the walkarounds will be back again in our forum .
This is probably my favorite thing to watch here.
I really really miss the great walkarounds from Kiki for example... Crying or Very sad But also so many other member swere making wonderful walkarounds... and now, not anymore..
I am so happy that Susanne is back with here lovely walkarounds sunny
So Roger, please , when you have time next month, please make your walkarounds too. You showed us with your last ones, that you can do them great :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 6:01 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 11:58 pm

thank you for this beautiful walkaround and your so beautiful pictures. You're right, the torso is a litlle to thick and I think the head is not as nice seen from ahead as seen from side, but it's the best available leopard at this scale! (the papo one is bigger) cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 3:30 am

Thank you very much for your comments guys :)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 4:47 am

Alain, I agree with you ... just , the size of the Papo one is actually not bigger .
Look, I made some comperation photos :

And just for fun ..or maybe these can be useful for someone... I made some other photos..
For example, to show, why I think that the Papo black Jaguar is almost a perfect black leopard :

Only the hind legs are too thick, which is something tipical for the Papo models ( especially older ones), but other than that, I think it is a nice looking Leopard and I am sure, that the sculptor actually made it for a Leopard and not a Jaguar.
Here , together with the Collecta one :

One last photo, all 3 of them :

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:29 am

costicuba wrote:
I think it is a nice looking Leopard and I am sure, that the sculptor actually made it for a Leopard and not a Jaguar.

You are very right, it's intended for a leopard. Also the tail is very long for a jaguar.

These photos are very useful, all 3 are good black leopards. Though I think I might choose the Papo with the hunting pose that reminds me the Britains one I had when I was a kid. Smile
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 11:25 am

Yes Kosta you're right, your beautiful pictures proove that they are at the same scale and that's a good new! I'll try to get it too!

About the Papo jaguars you're yet parfectly right and Spacelab too, I have them as Amur leopard (or Pleistocen european leopard) for the spotted one, and as black panther for the other one and I think I am going to meliorate them making their back legs a little thiner for this detail your keen eye noticed well, will do the entire difference! Applause Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 4:41 pm

Love the comparison pictures and it was an excellent idea to put the Papo black jaguar among them.
We mostly agree that it fits better a leopard and a very good one.
Papo should assume the mistake, discontinuing the spotted leopard and black jaguar. Keeping the hunting black leopard and giving leopard colors to the spotted jaguar.
Then, releasing a massive with top quality new jaguar. Idea They wont do it, likely they will replace the current jaguar someday.

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 1:17 am

spacelab wrote:
Though I think I might choose the Papo with the hunting pose that reminds me the Britains one I had when I was a kid. Smile

Oh Space, this model is very very special to me ...I mean the Papo hunting leopard ...
With this model I actually start to call my self a collector :)
It is my first Papo model and also, I bought it in France , when I was there.. Then I found that actually we have a shop in Bulgaria for Papo models  Very Happy ... And my journey began...  sunny

Caracal wrote:
I have them as Amur leopard (or Pleistocen european leopard) for the spotted one, and as black panther for the other one and I think I am going to meliorate them making their back legs a little thiner for this detail your keen eye noticed well, will do the entire difference! Applause Very Happy

An Amur leopard .. this is a very interesting choice Alain ... I also think, that the head works very good for Amur leopard :)
And your idea of changing the model is great too ... I can`t wait to see it :)

Roger wrote:

Papo should assume the mistake, discontinuing the spotted leopard and black jaguar. Keeping the hunting black leopard and giving leopard colors to the spotted jaguar.
Then, releasing a massive with top quality new jaguar. Idea They wont do it, likely they will replace the current jaguar someday.

We surely think the same :)
And I also don`t think, that they will make these changes with colors.... but I am waiting for a looong time, a real, great looking Jaguar from Papo :)

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Black leopard   CollectA Black leopard Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Black leopard
Page 1 of 1