Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My home-made tack for my horsies

Go down 
+6
SyLoBe
schleich61
lucky luke
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Siobhan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

My home-made tack for my horsies Empty
PostSubject: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:54 pm

I hope I'm posting this topic in the right area, I couldn't think of any other area to put it! Anyway, I've got into making accessories (mostly rugs as you can see from the pics) to my Schleich horses. I never regarded myself as being mind-blowingly good with my hands but well, it's great fun doing these Very Happy And it would get REALLY expensive to buy many Schleich rugs...

I'd like you to comment these, for example, which one do you like the most?

This is probably the first rug I made, for Samson. It's a very simple one, red fleece Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Petronella has quite a similar one

Julia has a nice, warm, pink riding rug and leg warmers :)

Leopold's rug, made out of an old scarf

Black Pearl's pink rug, I didn't like this at all as it turned out quite messy, so I don't even have this one any more...

This one I finished very recently, today actually Very Happy I have to say I'm quite pleased with this. Dark blue suits Eldorado very well, doesn't it?

I took another picture from above so you can see the leather detail on the back.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Very nice!! I like Eldorado's rug bounce

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Fri May 06, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:10 pm

They are really nice Very Happy

I like Samson`s rug, even if it was the first one. It looks nice and warm .
Eladorado`s rug is the most detailed, you are getting better and better, keep up the good work cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Leopold's rug, made ​​out of a year old scarf
Beautiful and very nice pictures sunny sunny Wink
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:19 am

Leopolds rug is my favorite but they are all nice.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:07 am

Very nicely made - congratulations... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:10 pm

My favourite is Leopold´s, but I like all of them :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Really nice rugs :)

I should make some for my Schleich. All of my Equorums have a rug each and they nearly all have halters.
However, I think I'll need a lot more material for all my Schleich, Papo, Collecta, Bullyland, Safari and other horses Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Miss Mufflon

Miss Mufflon

Country/State : Uppsala, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Very nice rugs :) I particularly like Samson's, it looks warm and cosy and it really suits him. Eldorado's is nice too, it's a lot more detailed than the other ones and it looks like you spent a lot of of time on it. I also like the buckles on it very much! What are they? I keep trying to find suitable buckles for my schleich rugs, but haven't yet found anything satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Thank you for your comments everyone :)
The buckles and the little rings that I used for Eldorado's rug are actually meant for making jewellery. I found them in a shop that sells all kinds of crafts-related stuff.
Back to top Go down
Miss Mufflon

Miss Mufflon

Country/State : Uppsala, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Siobhan wrote:
Thank you for your comments everyone :)
The buckles and the little rings that I used for Eldorado's rug are actually meant for making jewellery. I found them in a shop that sells all kinds of crafts-related stuff.

Hm, interesting :) Thank you for your reply! I shall have to experiment with my jemellery making stuff then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:17 pm

They are all wonderful. I can't choose which is my favorite. Each one has certain things I like about it. Great job.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies EmptyThu May 19, 2011 2:36 am

Nicely made home-work! :)

PostSubject: Re: My home-made tack for my horsies   My home-made tack for my horsies Empty

Back to top Go down

My home-made tack for my horsies
Page 1 of 1