Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

repaint Starlux fox

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

repaint Starlux fox Empty
PostSubject: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 5:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

..and here with some other Starlux repaint animals for a friend:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Amazing repaints affraid

The fox is actually a wonderful model , which I didn't really notice with the original paintwork Very Happy

For me it is rather chocking to see the old Starlux being repainted, - but I must admit that the results stunning Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Foxes come in many colors, the original Starlux is not completely unplausible but it is far from the standard colors we see in a red fox. Obviously your model is much more faithful to the traditional colours of the species and as Susanne pointed, it makes the original mould looks much better. OK, your great work is not comparable but your picture reminds me this one from my collection. Very Happy

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 9:32 pm

Thank you Susanne and Rogério and don't worry, I have foxes in original pattern. This one was sent to me by my friend Lionel with 11 other animals to be repaint! :)

Rogério, my friends from Soldat Plastique think your mysterious yellow fox is not from Starlux but a copy from souvenirs gifts sellers..
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 10:37 pm

Ah, it looks really nice like that.
Bravo Alain Applause Beautiful fox !
But I like also the other models you repainted cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:18 am

Very good work

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 8:10 am

Thank you Kosta and Andreas! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 8:37 am

..an other try with the willing of keeping as possible the original colours but also making it more accurate:

..the result is a rather dark version. In french language, we call this darker kind of common fox, "renard charbonnier" (coal fox?)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 am

It is beautyful too Very Happy
Again I am very impressed by the small details you make Applause
A great detail is the dark lower legs.
The only thing is that perhaps the white is too white ? But perhaps it is the blue background that does it ;

We call the dark colour "sodrød" ( sooty red)

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 am

Thank you Susanne and you're right, the white is too white! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 2:18 pm

Nice repaints, clearly based on the nominate subspecies V. v. vulpes.
Red foxes are amazing animals, I don't know if anyone is aware of how much I like these animals. Laughing
Espite the unadjusted light, it is evident that the white markings are absent or vestigial in Iberian foxes. Yes, Portuguese people as the idea of what is a fox contamined by these rusty foxes that exist in our territory.  They almost look like a different species.

On the other hand, the traditional red and white fox is part of the pop culture of many other nations like Germany, Russia, England and even USA!

Here a North American fox with conspicuous yelowish white markings on ventral area and obviously the tip of the tai, something that not happens on Iberian subspecies.

By the way, thanks Alain for providing these informations about my souvenir fox! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Foxes are beaytyful, smart, cute looking and beautyful cheers

The Iberian fox is extremely elegant, - a lovely critter Very Happy

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 8:04 am

thank you Rogério for your precisions! :)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 3:29 am

I love this last version very very much ! :)
So many colour details on such small model ... Applause

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 9:27 am

Thank you Kosta! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux fox   repaint Starlux fox Empty

Back to top Go down

repaint Starlux fox
Page 1 of 1