Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1

Go down 
+4
Advicot
rogerpgvg
widukind
tjjtjjtjja
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 am

Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM COLLECTION 1, all 14 types + 1 bonus, 2007.4
01. Cheilinus undulatus
02. Balistoides conspicillum
03. Chaetodon auriga
04. Pseudanthias pleurotaenia♂
05. Rhinomuraena quaesita
06. Mola mola
07. Carcharias taurus♀
08. Hippocampus keloggi
09. Phractocephalus hemioliopterus
10. Arapaima gigas
11. Octopus sinensis
12. Panulirus longipes
13. Tursiops truncatus
14. Odobenus rosmarus
Bonus: Aptenodytes forsteri
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 9:20 am

These kind of figures are unbelievable. In my opinion with the best figures ever.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 10:14 am

Beautiful series. I recently collected the penguins. But my penguins are white, king penguins and the chick is brown. I believe the yellow penguins are supposed to be emperor penguins, but I find the colour a bit odd.

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 am

Great series

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Great! do you know if the arapaima is the same size than the Colorata Ancient fish set arapaima?

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 1:00 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Great! do you know if the arapaima is the same size than the Colorata Ancient fish set arapaima?

No it is much smaller; the blue bottlecap bases typically have a 3.5 cm diameter

In this set, I really want the red-tailed catfish!
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Pardofelis wrote:

The arapaima in this set is smaller than the Colorata Ancient fish set, please see the picture as follow:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 2:23 pm

widukind wrote:
These kind of figures are unbelievable. In my opinion with the best figures ever.

Yes, the Chinese discussion group has a point of view, Kaiyodo's best figures is Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 and 2.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Thanks Dirk for sharing some more informations about these fantastic Kaiyodo series. :)

rogerpgvg wrote:
Beautiful series. I recently collected the penguins. But my penguins are white, king penguins and the chick is brown. I believe the yellow penguins are supposed to be emperor penguins, but I find the colour a bit odd.

These are emperor penguins, both adults and chick are not even ambiguous as it often happens. It is a pity the big ones are dirty with a lot of oil. Laughing
Where can I see your versions? If the chick is brown without the facial markings, it may be actually a king penguin as you mention. :)

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm

My estimations...

Animatales started out very poorly sculpted, with little to suggest how extraordinary they'd become later.

Dinotales were well sculpted from the start, though the paint on many of the early ones cheapened their appearance.

But Aquatales (not the Deep Sea Odyssey sets) were a very good start to the marine lines and when that name was dropped and these sets issued, there were extraordinary and remained almost universally so to the present.

Funny thing is that I haven't seen them sell as well as either of the other groups--in great part, I'm sure, due to repetition of species. I've sold almost none of the most recent set that resumed use of the Aquatales name and, more surprisingly, since there were both new species and improved versions of old, almost as few of the Sendai Aquarium set.

Oh, and thanks again for your resumption, Dirk.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 pm

Thanks a lot tjjtjjtjja, very useful comparison pic! That make me wish the ribbon eel, the clown triggerfish and the spiny lobster! :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 5:21 pm

Roger wrote:
Where can I see your versions? If the chick is brown without the facial markings, it may be actually a king penguin as you mention. :)

You have already seen it, but my king penguins aren't from this set, but from set 2:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 7:06 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Roger wrote:

You have already seen it, but my king penguins aren't from this set, but from set 2:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes, thanks! I've seen it after my post here. They are not even the same moulds and they made the king penguin chick huge when compared with the parents what is something typical in king penguins. I have no idea why they gave that yellowish color to these emperors, it is really unappealing.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 am

You have a good eye. I hadn't even noticed that the moulds were different. I had assumed that the moulds were the same and that they painted the emperors yellow to distinguish them from the kings. The colour makes even less sense to me now.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1   Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo CAPSULE AQUARIUM FIGURE COLLECTION 1
Page 1 of 1