Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround   Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 4:55 am

I picked this figure up in an Ebay lot. It's missing an ear, but I figured it was still important to post it, since I could find very little info about it, outside of the fact that it comes from the Joy City Ltd. Wildlife Tube. I honestly think it looks much more like a cheetah, but the bottom is clearly marked 'leopard', so oh well. This figure is currently for sale on my Ebay if anyone is interested [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround   Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 8:35 am

A very nice model Very Happy

I know absolutely nothing about the brand, but can see it on TAW study

In TAW it says the models are diecast models, - isn't that metal models ???? scratch

VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround   Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 8:43 am

SUSANNE wrote:
A very nice model Very Happy

I know absolutely nothing about the brand, but can see it on TAW study

In TAW it says the models are diecast models, - isn't that metal models ???? scratch

I don't know about that, but this one is plastic.
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround   Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 9:26 am

Interesting. I know that brand from a german discounter and i don't know that they are available outside that. And that figure i don't know before

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround   Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm

The mention to diecast is to introduce the company as best known for their metal injected car miniatures. It is the same as saying Larami is best known for their water guns or Maia & Borges for their Comics. Diecast is really a term used for metal car miniatures but it is never used to animal figures. Hollowcast is more used with animals. These figures are made of a very rubbery material, at least those I own are. It is one of these Hong Kong companies that make cheap toys to several brands, supermarkets, etc.
Don't be surprised about your leopard/cheetah, this kind of models are always very ambiguous regarding spotted wild cats. Just check this rhino - it is supposed to be a Sumatran rhino and it is clearly an African white rhino. Purely an example of exagerated modularity.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround   Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 pm

Roger wrote:
The mention to diecast is to introduce the company as best known for their metal injected car miniatures. .....

Ahhh ! Perhaps we should write that instead/also ? Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround   Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Joy City Ltd. Leopard Walkaround
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: