Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tyrannosauroidea

Go down 
+2
Roger
Gecko08
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 11:24 pm

This is a topic for Tyrannosaurs. Tyrannosauroidea is a Clade of dinosaurs that includes Tyrannosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Albertosaurus, and relatives. Here is a family tree.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And I will be collecting the figures on that tree and take pictures of them together.

Last edited by Gecko08 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 11:37 pm

Dryptosaurus aquilunguis (Unknown Company) 1:30
This is my pick of Dryptosaurus by an unknown company. Dryptosaurus aquilunguis was found in 1866 by Edward Drinker Cope and was renamed in 1877 by Othniel Charles Marsh, making it the first tyrannosaur ever found. Tyrannosaurus itself was found in 1902, so when they found Dryptosaurus, they didn’t really know what a Tyrannosaur was. Dryptosaurus is about 20 feet long and it lived in the Late Cretaceous, 67 million years ago. It was found in New Jersey. Dryptosaurus famously appears in the painting, “Leaping Laelaps” which shows 2 Dryptosaurus (at the time called Laelaps) fighting by Charles R. Knight.
The depiction by Charles R. Knight .
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 11:55 pm

That is very interesting and you start with a completely unknown figure to me.
Is the dinosaur name marked on that figure? How do you know the scale, have you calculated it yourself? What can you read more on that model?

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 12:22 am

I calculated all of my figures scale. When I saw the figure’s scale and the fact that it’s a tyrannosaur, I realized that it would make a perfect fit. As for the figure, I can’t find anything in particular about the brand, but after searching “dinosaur model set” I found repaints of it twice.
Might be Zuru or Wild Republic but I’m not one to take any guesses. And you’re free to use any of my picture because I have a lot of figures. Next Nanuqsaurus.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 12:40 am

Nanuqsaurus by Golden Link. 1:40
Nanuqsaurus lived in Alaska 96 million years ago. It was 20 feet long and was named in 2014. It’s first fossils were found in 2006, but they were mistaken for Gorgosaurus fossils and it took 8 years for the differences to be found. Nanuqsaurus means polar bear lizard because it was at the top of the food chain back in its time. It would’ve been a problem for any passing Pachyrhinosaurus. Speaking of which Nanuqsaurus appeared in the Walking with Dinosaurs 3D movie mislabeled as Gorgosaurus. It makes since, because the film was made in 2013, a year before Nanuqsaurus was its own species. This figure is a cup topper by Golden Link and was made in promotion for that movie.

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 1:12 am

Nice project Gecko Applause Keep going :)
I also have this Gorgosaurus cup topper of the Walking with Dinosaurs and I like it a lot.
Because of your searching, now I can call it : Nanuqsaurus :)

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 2:13 am

I’m always ready to help. I get a Nanuqsaurus and now you have a Nanuqsaurus. I’m happy to help you out on that one since no other company makes a Nanuqsaurus and this wasn’t even marketed as one.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:17 pm

I'm enjoying this topic so far, I'm anticipating what's coming next :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 7:34 pm

Thank you! Next up.... Albertosaurus

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 7:41 pm

Albertosaurus by Mattel 1:30
Albertosaurus by Geoworld 1:45 (Geoworld was kind enough to list the scale)

Albertosaurus was once as popular as T. Rex, but guess which one appeared in Jurassic Park and which one didn’t. That’s right, those days are long gone, but it’s interesting to think about what if Albertosaurus stayed as popular. Albertosaurus is 33 feet long and was found in 1884 by Joseph B. Tyrell (doesn’t the Royal Tyrell Museum come to mind?). Albertosaurus is from Alberta, Canada and it shares the Albertosaurinae subfamily with the related Gorgosaurus. I like the Mattel version and the Geoworld figures, but sadly, I was too late to grab up the Carnegie Albertosaurus.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Very, very, very interesting what you are making there !
I can find many of my own models, - it is one big AHA-thing for me cheers

Thankyou very much for sharing Very Happy

PS, - long before Jurassic park, T-rex was about the only dino I knew about.
I think it is simply because the name is so easy to remember that it has always been so popular, - and then because of Sue, of course Wink

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 10:10 pm

costicuba wrote:
I also have this Gorgosaurus cup topper of the Walking with Dinosaurs and I like it a lot.

I have a Nanuqsaurus also bounce bounce cheers

Guess who gave it to me...tip : he lives in Bulgaria Laughing

Gecko08

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 11:06 pm

Once I get enough tyrannosaurs at 1:40 scale, I’ll do a group photo! That would be interesting.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 3:34 am

This is a cool topic and well presented, thanks!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 3:36 am

SUSANNE wrote:
costicuba wrote:

I have a Nanuqsaurus also bounce bounce cheers

Guess who gave it to me...tip : he lives in Bulgaria Laughing

sunny cheers sunny

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 4:37 am

Next up for tomorrow..... Gorgosaurus!

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 11:10 am

bounce bounce bounce Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Gorgosaurus by Papo 1:40

This is a very nice Gorgosaurus. Gorgosaurus was found in 1914 by Lawrence Lambe. Gorgosaurus is about 30 feet long and shares its environment with the similar sized Daspletosaurus, but it shares its subfamily with the slightly larger Albertosaurus. It was a fierce predator but it’s lean and fast body shape indicate that it hunted hadrosaurs (think Parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus, and Lambeosaurus). Some people think that Gorgosaurus is the same thing as Albertosaurus, but they lived 7 million years apart.

And the Papo Gorgosaurus is the same scale as my Albertosaurus and Nanuqsaurus. The Nanuqsaurus is from Golden Link and is made in promotion of the Walking with Dinosaurs 3D movie. We all wish that movie didn’t have any talking dinosaurs. Hey! Dinosaur buddies!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Somewhat off topic but keep an eye on Shopgoodwill.com, Gecko. I've bought some Carnegies there fairly cheap. (and seem other lots shoot way out of my range, they tend to be a bit pricey on shipping also) Maybe you'll have luck finding an unidentified Albertosaurus there, wishing you luck!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 8:50 pm

I’ll keep an eye out

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 10:32 pm

The gorgosaurs by Papo is a fab figure, I would get it if I collected dinosaurs

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 12:24 am

Next up, Bistahieversor

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 3:28 am

Okay so here’s an update. I have to reluctantly stop this topic for a moment because I’m going to focus my effort on my collection thread : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So please join me on that topic to help me continue charting my collection
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyrannosauroidea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrannosauroidea   Tyrannosauroidea Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyrannosauroidea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: Lists of Species-
Jump to: