Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise

Go down 
+14
spacelab
Matt-farmer
Bonnie
Anouk
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
Megaptera
Advicot
Roger
widukind
bmathison1972
almisi43
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
almisi43

almisi43

Country/State : españa

About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise Empty
PostSubject: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 3:06 am

Yesterday I received this model, but was surprised to see the color does not match the one advertised by PAPO.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can someone clarify for me if it is an error, variant or simply that PAPO made this figure with these colors?

On the other hand, this color could be valid for some subspecies of this animal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But I consider that if it was PAPO's decision to have changed its color, it would have preferred the origina.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 am

That figure is a mess in general, especially since it is just a repaint of one of their Galapagos tortoise models.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 5:32 am

I believe there is a old colour version.

And i think it is better as a Papo walkaround Wink

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
almisi43

almisi43

Country/State : españa

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 6:18 am

I know that he made this same model in 2004 "Papo 50013 Tortoise" with another color and that it is not the same as the figure I have received now.

And although I am waiting for a response from PAPO, I would like to know if someone else has bought this latest model and the same has happened with its color
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 am

I moved your topic to the Papo section.
I think it is prudent to wait that other members get this figure to check if this painting is the standard or if Papo will follow the pattern presented on official pictures.

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 4:46 am

OH! That's not great

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 6:53 am

What a pity. I hope that there will be some other variations.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 7:21 am

Ohhh, it is not nearly as nice as the one in the picture Sad
But thankyou for sharing Wink

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 am

I think I'll purchase it once I see the promo pics colour variation in other figures

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 10:55 pm

The tortoises in my local shop are exactly like this one, I even thought it was just the new version of their Galapagos tortoises until I saw this topic...

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Hermanns tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 3:24 am

I also got this tortoise and was disappointed when I received it.It looks nothing like that catalogue picture and also mine has an old Papo label on it and the model has 2013 on it.I checked with the company I bought it from and they informed me that the bar code on it is for this years model.Am very disappointed with Papo with regards to this model! Mad Mad [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 3:26 am

The current painting just looks like they just updated the paint-job and no care was put in to make it look like a Hermanns

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 4:27 am

Sadly thing

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 5:50 am

every time someone gets and posts one of these, the thought is disppointment. It was off my wishlist a long time ago when we realized it was a repainted Galapagos tortoise.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 6:30 am

The phrase "what a shame" doesn't even cover it. I am sorry. Papo should be ashamed for this clear misrepresentation.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am

I hate to be inelegant to any company but I refuse to be hypocrite.
It is in my opinion something like cheating, almost a fraud.
It was much more honest from the company just re-releasing it as a Galapagos tortoise and nobody would feel cheated. it does not contribute to the prestige of this wonderful company.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Roger wrote:
It is in my opinion something like cheating, almost a fraud.
It was much more honest from the company just re-releasing it as a Galapagos tortoise and nobody would feel cheated. it does not contribute to the prestige of this wonderful company.

....and even showing such a nice picture in the catalogue Suspect

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 3:46 am

Precisely Susanne

Back to top Go down
Anouk

Anouk

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 12:17 am

Any news on this? Maybe a better paintjob has been spotted by now?

I received the same figure. The difference with the catalogue picture is tremendous Shocked  It's also still marked by the year 2003. I thought that when companies recycled their models, they at least updated the year when they appoint a new product number to the figure?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 12:27 am

They never update the year. You can see it in many brands when the same mould is used to a different product. Namely the Safari black fox that uses the mould of their red fox and the year remained the same although it was released a few years later. However, you can see if it is from a current production run or not. There's probably a tiny clock, a little circle where you can find a pointer, this pointer is between two numbers that refer to the year of the production run whilst it points to a little number on the clock that specifies the mounth. In alternative, you may have a number painted with 4 digits, could you check it?

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 12:28 am

That's what that symbol means! Thanks so much Roger

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 2:23 am

Advicot wrote:
That's what that symbol means! Thanks so much Roger

You're welcome but notice that it is something I figured out after a conversation with a forum friend. It is not from any official source. However, I am almost 100% sure once after checking several models, it started making sense. On Papo cormorant and mandarin duck instead of a clock, I've found numbers painted, respectively 2005 and 1512. Cormorant is a 2020 model and 2005 means 20/05 (May 2020) while the mandarin is a 2016 model and 1512 means 15/12 (December 2015).
It may be very useful regarding Papo models once they often change a lot in terms of quality from production batch to another. Eventually it could also help to find about some dinos or the marabou standing issues, if it is specific to a certain batch and how to avoid it or find a batch without these issues.

Anouk

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 2:04 am

Ohh good to know, thanks Very Happy I checked my tortoise and it doesn't have any markings other than Papo, 2003, China, CE. But I have seen it on other figures!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 3:03 am

Oh how interesting Roger, I'll have to check when I next get a Safari figure! And Anouk I LOVE the puppy in your avatar! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:03 am

Anouk wrote:
Ohh good to know, thanks Very Happy I checked my tortoise and it doesn't have any markings other than Papo, 2003, China, CE. But I have seen it on other figures!

You're all welcome. It is actually interesting that you don't find the clock neither painted numbers. I think it corroborates the idea that they are using old stock and it is not even a new production run. However, that's all speculation.

PostSubject: Re: About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise   About PAPO Hermann`s  tortoise Empty

Back to top Go down

About PAPO Hermann`s tortoise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next