Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))

Go down 
+5
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Advicot
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) Empty
PostSubject: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 9:32 pm

On the evening of 8th of March 2020, Roger sent me a link to a model on ebay.com in USA.

When I saw what it was, I got completely weak in my knees, because it was the Safari walking tiger 237929 from Wild Safari Wildlife  affraid
No matter how much I have serched , I have never seen it before Shocked
And not only it is a rare model, it is also a smaller version of the Vanishing Wild 907503 Siberian Tiger Male Very Happy

But, alas, the cost of shipping was completely crazy.
The seller was one of those who gets help from a professional when shipping international, so on top of the normal rather high cost of shipping, was profit for the helper, and maximum import duty to Denmark.
All in all, sadly, I decided to not spend such a crazy amount.
But I "stole" copies of the pictures ( for my own use, of course), therefore I have the date and time Wink

But that night I dreamt about my tiger  Sleep  cat  Sleep  cat  Sleep  Laughing

Next morning I was going to our local knitting club of grey-haired ladies, but on my way back home I decided that I WANTED that tiger !!! Suspect
But when I followed Roger's link again, - the tiger was sold  Sad
Ok, as my son says : "Sh**" happens  Rolling Eyes  Crying or Very sad

But two guardian angels were watching  : Roger and Isabella (Mitsukuni) had been conspireing !!!
Isabella had bought the tiger for Roger, and was going to send it to me  cheers

The tiger arrived at Isabella's home after a couple of days.......and then Corona struck in USA !!!!!  affraid  affraid

At that time we had no idea how bad it was going to be, so Isabella sent the tiger, and the three of us waited. And waited. And....
Over the next months Isabella contacted the post office several times, but they could only see the Tiger was in a container "somewhere"  pale

As 4 months went by, 5 months went by...I am sure Roger and perhaps Isabella gave up hoping, but not me   clown
I began to imagaine that 2000 years go by, and some scientists dig down through mountains of parcels, and there they find a little box wrapped in Gaffer tape, and inside a tiger is roaring : Let me out !!! Grrrrrr!!!! Let me out !!!! cat Suspect

And then..... Hey !!! Are you still there ? Is my story too long ? Very Happy

Well, and this morning, guess what  cheers

A box wrapped in gaffer tape, - and out jumped TIGER  bounce  bounce
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He stretched and smiled at the sun  sunny

And then his family came to meet him  Very Happy  Very Happy  Applause

All three are from 2003, but I don't know how long they were made  drunken

Here are a few pictures more, - doesn't he look happy ?

Now I can see he is a male tiger  king

If only he could talk!
Wouldn't it be fun to here where he has been for almost 6 months ?  Very Happy

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, Roger and Isabella  flower  flower  flower  flower

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 9:53 pm

What a great story! And a very cute tiger.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 10:03 pm

Thankyou Roger Wink

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 10:07 pm

What a truly phantasmagorical story,with an amazing tiger who came with it too

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 11:46 pm

What a fantastic story and effort of STS friends! I saw the tiger too, but I am even happier he went to you! Congrats on this glorious oldie my friend!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 12:20 am

It was a big joy when you told me this morning that the tiger arrived. You were surely the most faithful of us and it worked. It is not easy to believe after almost half a year that a little parcel is not lost.
I have to thank Isabella for her help to get it and also for keeping track of it and never giving up. I think that is important too.
I am so happy that finally I could find a gift for you, it is not being easy for many reasons and when I've found something, it almost ended lost. That's just a humble gift when compared with the large amount of great models I receive from you. flower Oh, I want also to belong to a grey-haired club someday! bounce Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 7:46 am

Thanks, Adam, Paige, and Roger-again king queen king

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 8:34 am

A nice story and a interesting figur.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Marvellous story and ofcourse, marvellous tiger.

It is fascinating, big congratulations, a dream come true. cheers cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Thanks, guys Very Happy

Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 3:31 pm

Yay! I could not be happier that he is finally where he belongs, he looks so happy! cheers

I love your visualization of his finally being discovered, I’m glad that’s not what ended up happening lol!
Thank you so much Susanne for being so patient and never giving up hope, I’m sure your tiger could feel your good vibes all the way across the water, and it gave him determination to get to you!Very Happy

Thank you Roger for picking such an amazing gift and for trusting me with getting it to Susanne, even though we had to wait so long I am very glad you asked me to help because I was able to know you and Susanne better and find out what wonderful people you both are:D

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 3:52 pm

Mitsukuni wrote:

Thank you Roger for picking such an amazing gift and for trusting me with getting it to Susanne, even though we had to wait so long I am very glad you asked me to help because I was able to know you and Susanne better and find out what wonderful people you both are:D

And I am glad to have gotten to know you better also , and now we can laugh at it beacuse it had a happy end lol!
Now I just hope that the two hyenas that are still staying here will eventually end safely up in your house too Wink

flower flower flower flower flower

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 12:51 am

Ahh, what an adventure this boy had ..and what a wonderful place he found to stay cheers
I am so happy that Roger desided to make this wonderful gift for you, with this rare model, which for sure will make you very happy, and which is also very important for your Safari collection Very Happy
And the team Roger - Isabella worked with a successful ending cheers
The tiger is very charming.. and look how happy he is , to be with you sunny
Congratulations Susanne Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 7:51 am

Thankyou, dear Kosta Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))   A travelling tiger came here to stay :-)))) Empty

Back to top Go down

A travelling tiger came here to stay :-))))
Page 1 of 1