Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 9:34 pm

Thank you very much everyone! I feel the big brands need to pay attention to some of the lesser known species like these. If they spun them as a wildlife education type series like Yowies I think it has a chance of doing well... anyhow, I saw the opportunity of these little jennys years ago and bought 3 for customization. They sat in a box for several years now. And finally they have a new chance at shelf life. :) The zebra was a recent discounted model I grabbed for the same idea. I wanted a mare to go with my Mojo and I wanted a challenge. stripes are harder than one might think! I don't have super fine paintbrushes but I did my best. Rolling Eyes And now I have 3 new donkey species and a lady quagga to enjoy in my collection.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 10:50 pm

Lovely repaints! Very Happy I like the wild trio! Wonderful donkeys Very Happy Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 4:16 am

I love those donkegs!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 9:39 am

You gave rised to new beautiful and interesting models! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 10:28 am

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 5:09 pm

Thank you friends.  Embarassed Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 4:33 am

Bravo Paige ! cheers
You made them look very very nice and unique too Applause
It`s a joy to see your creations and also a joy to imagine the huge smile on Susanne`s face sunny

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 4:50 am

It sure is. Wink Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 11:44 am

Rely lovely repaints Paige I love you The figurines got a new life, wonderful Applause cheers

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 9:34 pm

Wonderful repaints!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 9:51 pm

Thank you both.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 11:30 pm

So I had a surprise going to the dollar store recently. There was a small tube with african animals, most of them typical chinamals but this small monkey was in it. It was originally bright orange, but the sculpt was good so I figured a new coat of paint will do... here is my new juvenile yellow baboon to join my troop.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My poor lighting is making the fresh fixatif look glossier than it does in person... but again I was happy with the result.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 8:19 am

Nice army

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 10:29 am

Wow, a very nice repaint and you rescued a young baboon! That's awesome! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 11:16 am

It is wonderful, he now looks so realistic! Very Happy It must be so satisfying to be able to find a figure like that for such a good price, rescue them and bring them home to your amazing collection of baboons! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 2:14 pm

Wonderful, wonderful repaint Paige it makes him so much more beautiful, may I ask what the other figures looked like?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 4:51 pm

Thanks everyone.

Adam,  here they are. Small toob like, weird color, chinamals. The baboon is the only decent sculpt and hw was bright orange like these guys.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 6:36 pm

Very decent baboon Paige and very well saved cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 7:02 pm

Great repaint, looks like a high quality figure now. How do you manage to paint the light brown while still keeping the dark brown visible in the deeper grooves?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 7:25 pm

Thank you Kiki and Roger!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I don't know what the proper technique is per say, but what I did was paint the model the darker brown color of the face etc. with my acrylics and then you sort of "dry brush" with layered colors over it. You dip your brush in the paint and then dab it on a clean space of your palette  until the brush has pigment still but it won't darkly color everything it touches,  it's not "wet"... it's hard to describe I guess. But this way, the water based paint only stays where the brush touches which is the higher plane of the fur detailing rather than the grooves you spoke of, leaving the darker undercoat type of effect. I used a sandy color and then a yellowed tan to overlay the dark brown to try and reach some depth (not totally apparent unless in natural lighting). Hope this helps? Sorry if my description isn't clear...

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 9:03 pm

Thanks, that makes sense. I'll try it!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 9:34 pm

What is a collector to do when the big brands ignore speciation in their ranges? I suppose we have to make our own! 

I am an amateur painter/artist but I got bitten by the bug again recently. I have about 15-20 projects in the pipeline that I will share as they finish. Here are the first few.

I am also rubbish and remembering to take "before" pics but I am going to try hard to remember this round. Here is my first batch (not all are finished yet). (These models either had flaws or are 3rd and 4th level duplicates I couldn't trade off or are "chinamals" quality. Now they have a new life. Very Happy)

First up is a salmon shark repainted from the Discovery Sharks set white shark.

This NewRay into a Dall sheep.

And I joined the bandwagon on the lady ostrich hype. Rolling Eyes

Again I am far from being any good but I am happy with the results here.

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 10:12 pm

They're looking great! cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 10:57 pm

It's really nice the Dall sheep is so fine and the Salmon shark is a very very good idea Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 10:27 am

Very very nice again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next