Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 5:09 am

Thank you George, Jill, Roger, and Kelly!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I use a metallic pearl color for anything with a sheen (like my pike and this bird). And I wondered if anyone's mind would go to the fantasy animal... Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], your words on my bird customs especially mean a lot! Birds are HARD. Reptiles are harder for me, but I need to work on both groups. Thanks for the encouragement!

@ Kelly, I forgot to thank you here for the model project! I am quite pleased with how it turned out, more interesting than just flat brown. cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 9:20 am

Interesting species again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 9:20 pm

Great repaints again,the Kelpie is stunning!!

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 3:44 am

They turned out great once again, I especially like the birds.
I plan to make a similarly coloured kingfisher soon but with the Papo figure.
Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 6:01 am

Birds are amazing  I love you
Is that nayab kingfisher? What an idea!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 6:57 am

Thank you Andreas, Taylor, Burger, and Nando! cheers

It is a Nayab copy I think, softer plastic than other Nayab birds I have.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 12:36 pm

Beautiful repaints with those colourful birds! cheers
And a Kelpie, what a fantastic idea!! Very Happy It would be wonderful to have more models of this breed! Your repaint is amazing, you have painted those kelpie colours and markings so well and the Bullyland model was definitely great to use for this breed! I love him, those eyes are so good too, full of the breed's intelligence! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 1:12 pm

Wonderful Very Happy
What material do you use to paint your figures? Some of them look like you use a waterproof crayon or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 5:38 pm

Thank you Bonnie and Duck-Anch-Amun! I use acrylic paint only for my repaints.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 11:14 pm

Great repaints Applause cheers Very Happy queen Cool
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 1:08 am

In fact, I made a Peruvian Pelican from a different Nayab figure as one of my first repaints. As such, it does look rather rough, but at least recognizable.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 6:28 am

Thank you Luke!

Birdsage, your pelican is very nice also. Funny how we all came up with this species around the same time. Perhaps you could open your own repaints topic since you have completed a few at this point.

Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 1:34 pm

Actually, I repainted that one several months ago.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 2:57 am

Next pair are done! Here is the before shot:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First, the bear I have had for years and have almost gotten rid of it dozens of times... glad I kept it. It is now a sun bear.

And the chest patch

Next is the other spacelab model (thank you again!) of a really beat up border collie. I love this kind of merle, and for me it is now an older style Aussie dog (though borders can have this coloration also).  Kelly, let me know if it better fits a Border or Aussie and I can adjust accordingly...

He looks a little cross-eyed here... might have to fix that.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 4:13 am

He's gorgeous! He could work as either, though he seems to have more substance than I'm used to seeing in BCs- I'd stick with Aussie. He actually reminds me some of a childhood Aussie. You could also call him a Hangin' Tree dog (a ranch that has a well known line of Aussie/BC cross working cattle dogs)

Do you have a brand for this model? I wouldn't mind finding one.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 4:27 am

Thanks Kelly! The mould is this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 10:00 am

Beautiful repaints again, and what a stunning merle colour for your Aussie! cheers cheers So much detail with the delicate combination of the blacks and greys, like in real life when you see a dog like this I'm sure he will stand out a lot on your shelf! Very Happy Such a transformation from before, and I love the eyes! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 10:09 am

Amazing repaints and such a delight to see the "wounded" doggies in their new beautiful life. I was sure you would do a great job with them. :)
They are so cute, I love them!!
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 12:00 pm

It works so well as a sun bear with that long snout.
The Australian shepherd turned out really cute.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 3:26 pm

What a good job you hung on to that bear after all, he looks wonderful now. Some animals just sit around for years and years, til we have the perfect idea to turn them into something we can treasure :)

The merle pattern is brilliantly done, you've managed to make it look true to life rather than like paint, if that makes sense when it is paint Laughing

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 3:45 pm

Great transformations!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Thank you Bonnie, Spacelab, Burgerenby, George, and Taos! Your words of encouragement mean a lot. sunny

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 8:16 pm

Those two are wonderful! The dog is so cute! Very Happy Lovely repaints cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 8:34 pm

Great transformations. I don't know whether the dog looks cross-eyed, I thought his eyes make him look like a very friendly faithful dog.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next