Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 18, 2021 2:38 am

cheers Looking forward to hearing more about the special model!
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 10:48 am

Nice comparison pictures. They fit in really well sunny

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

A-J, the giraffe was a challenge for 2 main reasons. One, zebra stripes and giraffe spots are a patience based pattern to complete and I kept wanting to make it symmetrical but the real animals aren't symmetrical. I just happened to be in a mood where I was being fussy and subconciously was making them sort of symmetrical and would have to make an extra effort to try and make the pattern different, thus I got a little frustrated on this project (surprisingly my quagga was easier to do!). The second challenge was my technique I chose was to paint the spots in a solid color and then "white wash them" with a thin layer of white overlaying the spotted pattern. It has been 100°F+ here and so dry that it made my thin coat of paint dry so fast (even in my air conditioned house) so some of my paint strokes are visible and the general effect just didn't quite turn out how I envisioned. It will be a pattern to revisit and attempt again sometime! Hopefully so I can achieve better results then. Wink

Those are definitely relatable struggles. In summer I enjoy painting outside but with acrylics when I have just mixed the right colour and have done one coat the paint is dry already and I have to mix a new one Mad

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 5:36 pm

I tried painting outside, once. Yes, once. The paint was drying on the model before I'd even finished blending it, let alone gone back to dip in the palette 'puddle' for more Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2021 10:26 pm

I am glad I am not the only one!

Since I haven't had a chance to finish the last 2 models yet, here is a side track... during quarantine my dad got re-obssessed with his childhood matchbox cars and accessories and ERTL farm sets. Being an engineer of sorts he likes to build things and built his own giant set of farm buildings and accessories etc. and now he lets the grandkids play with them. This weekend we got the farm set out and I came across a handful of cows I repainted for him to give him some variety. At such small scale they aren't super detailed but they were fun! There were 2 bulls I couldn't find though so if I can track them down I will add them too.
Texas longhorns
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A variety of brown swiss, jersey, and holstein cows and bulls.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2021 10:29 am

What a wonderful idea to build this mini farm and I love the variety in colour with all the cows, definitely a very fun project to do! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2021 10:48 am

What a great idea from your father to revive his old collecting habits during the confinement sharing the fever with his disciples. Laughing I am sure you all had a lot of fun interacting and building this project together.
Confinement is forcing us to live like matches in a matchbox and it is great when we find some joy on it to avoid our flamable condition. Even in the dark, there's always a bright side. flower

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 5:58 pm

Wonderful farm set-I always dreamed of the having a farm set with all the buildings etc when I was younger but my DIY skills are rubbish so nothing became of it!! Smile Smile Smile

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Hah, love it! What a great way to share/bond with Dad, and they look great to boot.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 5:50 pm

Thank you all. Very Happy It was a good hobby and distraction and continues to be fun to play with my nieces and nephews. Old fashioned toys are the best in my opinion. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 9:35 pm

I haven't been repainting (sad I know...) for a while as I have just been too busy... I hope to get back to it soon though! However, a quick ballad for a peacock. 

I was assisting with a trade from our friend Nando to our friend Taylor. Sadly this peacock got beat up in shipping, and was bad disrepair. I decided to try to fix him, so the superglue came out and I tried to match the color which turned out well! At least in my opinion. 

Not great photos as I wasn't originally going to share. But alas...

Waiting to be shipped to his UK home!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 11:17 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 11:25 pm

That's amazing of you to have restored this peacock, you have done it so well! cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 1:42 am

Thank you both. :) I forgot to mention that the crack in the breast is still visible, I chose not to fill it in 1) because it was shallow and 2) I felt it revealed the character history for the model. He died... was ressurected! Luckily it was not a complicated job to complete. Wink

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 2:43 am

I love those little cows and bulls!! What a delightful little herd! The speckly and roan longhorns are my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 3:09 am

Thank you very much Jill. :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 6:58 am

This topic will be revived shortly. Wink Updates won't be as frequent, but I am excited to get back to my brushes. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 2:13 am

It has been rainy/bad weather here and I am tired of waiting for a ray of sunshine to share these guys... so here are blue photos for now and I will share proper shots later when the sun decides to show its face again. Wink

These are the two from the last batch I didn't finish because I was getting artistic fatigue/couldn't figure out the color scheme for them.
A reminder of the before:

First, my golden badger

And then my dwarf caiman. It's not perfect, but I feel like I improved over my last 3 crocodilians so I am very satisfied with it.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 8:54 am

A real improvement on these 2 guies! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 9:42 am

Lovely repaints, Paige! What a great improvement! The caiman looks so cute alien

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 9:52 am

They're wonderful and they're also great ideas. Very Happy

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Wonderful repaints and it's nice to see this topic revived again! cheers Beautifully detailed caiman! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 2:18 pm

Thank you Alain, Ana, Roger, and Lilias! It's been a while since I have painted and it felt good to get back to it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 10:18 pm

Very nice paintings, I like very much the Caiman belly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 10:34 pm

Wonderful Badger repaint!

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 4:01 am

Really like the paintjob on the caiman! And the badger, I've seen blond coons colored like that... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 13 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next