Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 12:27 am

You're so fast!

First of all, very excited to see what became of the bear! He looks great! Definitely breathed new life into him. I love the gradient colors of his fur and the blonde coloration on his back and shoulders. I like the reason for it, too. :)

And the sculpting work on the bison is fabulous! I don't know what the original mold looked like, but it's a testament to your work that I can't really tell by looking at him what was original and what wasn't. He's very handsome. You have a good way of making "just brown" animals have lots of interesting color within the natural shades of their coat.

The squirrels are wonderful, those white tails, how cool! I like that you made both. What a cute pair.

That russet red color for the cheetah is lovely, especially with the light contrast of the belly. Great facial detail, too!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 5:21 am

Thank you so much everyone! My latifrons was very rewarding to have turn out the way he did... I love him dearly. 

The weather is supposed to get chilly and windy the next few days so blue photos will have to do for now.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not as nice a head of hair as his modern cousin, but a much more impressive crown. Very Happy

Alongside his long lost twin, the most recent Schleich Texas longhorn bull.

Then my Atlas bear with some grizzly cousins

And lastly, a prehistoric North American "family" portrait.

And a prehistoric Australian fauna "family" portrait. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:51 am

Thank you for these interesting comparison pictures! I was almost sure you used a longhorn for Bison longifrons! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 11:29 am

I missed a few (or you were quick to add new ones) I love the squirrels and the Procoptodon. They're new species to me and I suppose I just love the colour scheme of greys and warm browns :)

And Francis is such a great transformation! cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 9:56 pm

What can I say superb transformations!!!!The Bison is glorious!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 5:21 am

That bison is spectacular! cheers
Though I still have a soft spot for Megalania.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 8:18 am

Thank you everyone!!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 8:22 am

You are so industrious affraid

And the results are magnificent ! Even several species that I never heard of before, like now that fantastic monster bison Very Happy

Yes, those flock-photos are wonderful drunken

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 1:02 pm

Fantastic transformations, Paige! The prehistoric bison is particularly impressive!
I also enjoy your color choice for the American cheetah. Very Happy

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 12:13 pm

Amazing transformations, especially the bison! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 5:21 pm

Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 10:32 pm

Very nice work Paige, you are improving your skills a lot cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 5:04 pm

Belated thank you to all!  sunny

After what seems like forever I got to do a little painting again!

Whilst thrift shopping for models I have come to amass many fowl and turkeys were a prime subject. I wracked my brain for what to do with them, most of the wild species look quite similar. But then I learned that there are domestic breeds of them (not sure why silly brain didn't consider this before). Anyhow, here are some custom repaints for a (from left to right) Slate turkey, Bourbon Red turkey, Norfolk Black turkey, and Royal Palm turkey. :)
Before:

It was FREEZING cold this morning so only a few photos to share...

Although I did not realize there were so many domestic breeds of turkeys, I DID know that the bare skin of their head and neck changes color based on mood. The more pale and blue it is the more relaxed the turkey is, while flushing it red with blood indicates some sort of excitement. I tried to reflect that somewhat...

And then with some branded friends and my ocellate turkey custom.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 5:28 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 6:57 pm

Wonderful repaints, the Royal Palm is my favourite.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 7:34 pm

Great idea to paint your turkeys in such a colourful way. I didn't realise there are turkey breeds that look so different in colour. It would be a great idea for a company to make turkeys in different colours too, like a turkey toob with different breeds.

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:29 pm

The albino python seems so confused as for which turkey he must choose for dinner.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:28 pm

They're really effective, and a great idea to go for different domestic breeds. I especially like the iridescent sheen on the black turkey, and the little black feather-edges on the white one (and co-incidentally, those two are the only breeds I've known in person, not many people round here seem to keep them compared to chickens or ducks)

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:44 pm

Thank you everyone! There are many breeds of turkeys which surprised me, but yes, they are not as commonly kept as chickens or ducks.

The snake is an ambitious project... it will be some more time before it is complete.

Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:09 pm

I took the easy option :) and I also painted a Royal Palm Turkey.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 1:01 am

Lovely! And on such little models too!

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 1:20 am

They look amazing, I love all those blue heads. I think your painting style is getting more nuanced all the time, the subtle changes in feather colors and detail along the feather edges all look so good. I wouldn't have thought to have so many custom turkeys, but they all look so different!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 7:12 am

Thank you very much Jill. :) It is nice to hear that some see improvement in my skills! I am still not sure... Wink I am very pleased with my new domestic flock. I think my branded turkeys will stay on my "wildlife" shelf while these will go with my "farmlife" models.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySat May 14, 2022 7:22 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

It was FREEZING cold this morning so only a few photos to share...

oh I absolutely LOVE all these beautiful turkeys Paige! well done on being so talented!

funny you mention that they change colour because I just watched GeoBeats I love you about Uri a beautiful turkey soulmate that a lady has and she showed his many different colours :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 EmptySat May 14, 2022 8:24 am

I didn't know turkeys coul be so beautiful! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next