Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 6:04 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 6:57 pm

Thank you so much everyone!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 4:32 am

More birds! Another type of model I have collected several of are roosters... what to do what to do... so I decided to go off my usual. These are NOT excellent sculpts, apart from the originally white one, and I sculpted a few extra tail feathers for effect and they were, overall, mostly experimental for me than anything else... but here are my new 4 junglefowl roosters. Red, gray, green, and Sri Lankan junglefowl.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 4:52 am

Those are beautiful Paige!

Your painting job is exquisite on all 4, but the original white one just looks superior painted because of the sculpt Applause

I didn't know there were so many different kinds of roosters study

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 4:59 am

Yes, its really no contest who turned out the best. Goes to show that a coat of paint can't fix everything. Wink if I ever find better sculpts then I have this practice round to lean on to redo the green/gray/sri lankan roosters. I learned a lot about using metallic colors and shading... not quite obvious in these photos. Will share more later!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm

Very interesting project and with a breed of rooster you can try many different things.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 5:30 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 6:13 pm

So pretty, I always think 'roosters' (carefully using the American word here, although it's not what I call them in real life - I know the normal British term is most familiar internationally as slang for something else! Laughing ) have by far the most flamboyant colours and patterns compared to their hens, in almost every breed they've got that little bit more gorgeousness, which must be a lot of fun to paint. The metallic colours look great in the sun.

I also like how you've added the sickle feathers to the tails of the less impressively sculpted moulds, but I agree that the little white one looks the best painted up, too - he's just that bit more detailed and realistic.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 3:00 am

Thank you all! I did learn a lot about using metallics and about how complex birds are.  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySat May 28, 2022 3:58 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I like the tall model on the left the best (top photo), and the lovely speckly coat you gave him Paige at bottom right!
wonderful painting :)

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySat May 28, 2022 6:10 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 5:33 am

Man, it has been a hot minute since I have had a chance to update here. But I got some time to do some projects as I have an entire plastic tote full of "bodies" for customization.

And you all know me... more wild equids! Juvenile versions of them.

African wild ass herd; a stud or jack, jenny, and an adolescent foal.

Onagers; a jack, jenny, adolescent, and new foal

Kiangs; a jack, jenny, adolescent, foal, and mini.

I hope you like them as much as I do! They aren'y my best work as my paints being in storage has caused some weird changes in them + being out of practice I am getting back into the swing of things.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 8:55 am

Very Happy Applause cheers flower
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 12:17 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 3:12 pm

Superb!!!!!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 5:13 pm

wonderful repaints Paige! excellent work there and amazing to see so many of them!! cyclops Applause
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 9:50 pm

Beautiful! I like the colours and style you have painted them in.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 10:32 pm

Thank you Luke, Andreas, Taylor, Annette, and Roger! I forgot how much I enjoyed working on things like this. :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 1:17 am

I think that's the right time to you return to these projects and so nice that you recovered your joy doing it. They're really great! flower

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 10:29 am

Great come back on the job cheers

I like to see so many variations. sunny

I'd be delighted if you could do a series of photos by brand, Schleich with schleiech, CollectA with CollectA... Very Happy

I too hope to have all my animals finished by the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 7:28 am

*Extremely belated thank you!*

A special update! This was my very first customization job for someone other than myself; first commission! Being the overthinker that I am, I experienced a lot of emotions in the progress of this entire venture but in the end I think they turned out great, and to boot, my patron says he loves them! So here goes.

The commissioner had some unique requests and supplied their own figures for the project. 2 old safari ducks, a VW wolf and modern sculpt Safari wolf, an old Safari zebra, a Breyer cougar, and an old Safari (or AAA? I forget...) rubber constrictor snake. These were to be turned into a Labrador duck, a pink-headed duck, a pair of dholes, a quagga, a marozi (a cryptid class lion), and a rainbow boa. These were ALL challenging (in a good way) for different reasons. Either reference material was difficult to find (for the extinct or as of yet to be proven species) or the pattern/colors/methods to use. I did get too nervous about painting rubber as I couldn't figure out to ensure that it would stick properly and not flake over time; I did buy a pair of cheap bootleg Safari boas to use one model instead. The only ones that were a piece of a cake were of course, the canines. Laughing

But enough of my chatter, let's get into photos! I am evidently TERRIBLE at documenting my painting projects because I get too excited... but here are the ones that were in focus/good images.

white wash

I REALLY struggled to find a color that wasn't too cheddar yellow but not tan either.

So MANY spots!

But eventually he got all dressed.

Quaggas are perhaps my least favorite species to do so far as I get too obssessive over symmetry for stripes.

I fell in love with the face and ears of this guy though.

Couple of sadly gone ducks.

I tried to do a darker version and a paler coat to have some distinction.

And then the snake was the most fun/rewarding! I have a fondness for metallics now and will be looking for excuses to use them more often. *pictured is the actual Safari, with the now repainted bootleg version of it*

Aaaaand after a break from doing this one, I am 100% gonna have to make one for myself! 

And of course, I always try to do underside details even if there is only a flat surface to use.

And everyone all together and completed!

I hope you all enjoy this project, its been a wild ride from start to finish. My good friend NMR_Okapi is now the proud owner of the only commissioned models from myself. cheers

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 10:12 am

Congratulations on your painting work, Applause cheers Very Happy
my favorites are the repainted ducks from Safari Ltd
I used this model for the torrent duck
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:17 am

Nice work Paige Applause I never noticed the knock of snake has a different pose than the Safari Ltd
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:47 pm

Very beautiful repaints! cheers cheers I particulary love the brightful rainbow boa! drunken
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 3:04 pm

They look great! I love the repainted breyer cougar! And the snake, and the dholes, and the ducks, and quagga, everything is so lovely!
How cool is that rainbow boa! Metallic paints are a lot of fun 😃

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next