Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mathison Museum of Natural History

Go down 
+23
Ana
Rakel
spacelab
Gecko08
Taos
Megaptera
Duck-Anch-Amun
75senta75
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
RtasVadumee
landrover
Advicot
Roger
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
Caracal
pipsxlch
widukind
SUSANNE
endogenylove
bmathison1972
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rakel

Country/State : Denmark

Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 3:11 pm

Beautiful figure and dioarama cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 6:21 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 9:44 am

wonderful figure and picture! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 12:47 pm

Species: Lissodelphis peronii (Lacépède, 1804) (southern right whale dolphin)

About the Figure:
Manufacturer: Safari Ltd.
Series: Dolphins TOOB
Year of Release: 2019
Size/Scale: Body length 8.7 cm for a scale of 1:23-1:34
Frequency of species in toy/figure form (at time of posting): Unique
Miscellaneous Notes: The 2019 Dolphins TOOB by Safari is a great way to get incredible figures of dolphin species, several rare and unique.

About the Animal:
Geographic distribution: Circumpolar in the Southern Hemisphere, in temperate to subantarctic oceans
Habitat: Pelagic, at an average depth of 200 meters
Diet: mesopelagic fish and squid
IUCN Status (at time of posting): Least Concern
Miscellaneous Notes: Lissodelphis peronii is usually gregrious, and often occurs in pods with anywhere from 10 to nearly 1000 individuals (average about 210). Pods are often mixed with other cetacean species, including common bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus), pilot whales (Globicephala species), common dolphins (Delphinus delphis), and hourglass dolphins (Lagenorhynchus crugiger).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 6:06 pm

A phantastic figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 6:27 pm

.. that I didn't know! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 12:39 pm

Species: Myotis lucifugus (LeConte in McMurtrie, 1831) (little brown bat)

About the Figure:
Manufacturer: Safari Ltd.
Series: Great Lakes TOOB
Year of Release: 2020
Size/Scale: Wingspan 8.0 cm. Body length 2.3 cm for a scale of 1:3.5-1:4.
Frequency of species in toy/figure form (at time of posting): Rare
Miscellaneous Notes: Bat figures are rarely marketed to the species level. This is probably the best representative of M. lucifugus, especially at this small size.

About the Animal:
Geographic distribution: Much of North America except for parts of the Southwest, Midwest, and extreme Southeast.
Habitat: Forests and forest edges, often in riparian habitats. Roosts in tree hollows, wood piles, rock piles, caves, and manmade structures during the day; hibernates in caves and mines.
Diet: Insects and other arthropods
IUCN Status (at time of posting): Endangered
Miscellaneous Notes: This widespread species has experienced severe population declines in the last couple decades, especially in the Northeast, due to white-nose syndrome caused by the fungus, Pseudogymnoascus destructans. It is believed this fungus was introduced to America from Europe, although it doesn't appear to be pathogenic in European bats.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 1:52 pm

Wonderful picture! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Rakel

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Nice picture of a flying figure. I find them rather hard to pose in my collection, so I might steal the idea of a bat flying with a little help Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 5:29 pm

A nice bat

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 12:47 pm

Species: Pagurus filholi (De Man, 1887)

About the Figure:
Manufacturer: Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.
Series: Friends of the Water
Size/Scale: Figure width 5.5 cm. Carapace shield length 0.8 cm for a scale of approximately 1.8:1-1.6:1 (based on holotypes of both P. filholi and P. geminus, see below)
Frequency of species in toy/figure form (at time of posting): Very rare
Miscellaneous Notes: This figure comes in two main pieces: 1) the entire body of the crab itself and 2) its gastropod shell. The collector must place the crab into its shell (and it is a very snug fit, indeed). This is probably the only figure that shows a detailed sculpt of the entire body of a hermit crab! In addition, the claws also to be attached. Takara is scheduled to release another version of this figure in 2021 for the third installment of the Friends of Water collections, but I am not sure yet if it represents the same species.

About the Animal:
Geographic distribution: Japan
Habitat: Intertidal zone, usually in rocky areas
Diet: Scavengers, especially on algae
IUCN Status (at time of posting): Not Evaluated
Miscellaneous Notes: I had difficulty researching information on this species as presently delineated. Past records of P. samuelis from Japan however refer to P. filholi, as the former is considered restricted to the West Coast of North America. In 1976, McLaughlin described P. geminus from Japan, which is now placed in synonymy with P. filholi. Given these taxonomic updates, the P. samuelis figure produced by Yujin should be considered P. filholi as well, since the set in which it was released focused on the Japanese fauna.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 2:00 pm

Very interesting and unique model! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 6:53 pm

A nice figure

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 11:19 pm

.. and a nice picture! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 10:53 am

It is a very beautiful pic of a wonderful model. I will have to spend more money because of you Blaine Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 1:23 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It is a very beautiful pic of a wonderful model. I will have to spend more money because of you Blaine Evil or Very Mad  Laughing

Ha!

Next up:

Species: Mydaus javanensis (Desmarest, 1820) (Sunda stink badger)

About the Figure:
Manufacturer: Arboreum Artwork
Series: 1:10 Animals
Size/Scale: Body length 5.5 cm for a scale of about 1:6.7-1:10
Miscellaneous Notes: This is a resin figure made by forum member Panji Zulkaisar out of Indonesia. Most figures in the collection are around 1:10 in scale.

About the Animal:
Geographic distribution: Java, Sumatra, Borneo, northern Natuna Islands
Habitat: Primary and secondary forests, forest edges, floodplains
Diet: Earthworms, insects, eggs, carrion, plant material
IUCN Status (at time of posting): Least Concern
Miscellaneous Notes: Mydaus javanensis gets its common name 'stink badger' from its well-developed scent gland. When threatened, it can emit a pungent, milky-green, foul-smelling secretion, and it can shoot it with some accuracy up to about 15 cm! The secretion is nauseating and damaging to a would-be predator; dogs have been asphyxiated by the fluid and humans have fainted from the stench!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 1:28 pm

A beauty, but wrong material for me.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 2:05 pm

I didn(t know this species! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 2:15 pm

Beautiful, so unusual- the forum member must be very talented! Very Happy I love how you have a range of materials, it's so nice to see a resin model in here because they are as amazing as plastic ones! cheers Interesting to read too- but poor dogs! Shocked I never knew it was this dangerous!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Lovely last few models here, especially the bat. This latest one though, a real dream. In a real life smelly sense... Wink Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 5:34 pm

This one is really... but really... really cruel to me Laughing cheers

To tell the story, I was planning to make one myself, I began the job with Anna's help and I never finished it... When I decided to finish the job, this "iudyf neri ufybeziurny reiu" Twisted Evil  of Panji Zulkaisar produced this beauty What a Face

Now I'm waiting for a "discount day" to grab one I love you

Lucky you cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 5:39 pm

It's a wonderful model! I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 5:41 pm

Wonderful model of a lesser known mammal Applause Applause

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 6:51 pm

I love the badger. Smells really good. I don't know why it is so hard to see these species in toy shape. Well, I think I know but I wished tese less spectacular species could join the bath of diversity of the last years.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 3:13 pm

Species: Osmylops pallidus Tillyard in Withycombe, 1926 (ruby-eyed lacewing)

About the Figure:
Manufacturer: Cadbury
Series: Yowies Series 4
Year of Release: 1999
Size/Scale: Total figure length 8.5 cm. Body length (excluding wings and antennae) 4.0 cm. I cannot find any measurements of this species to calculate scale. A related species, O. sejunctus, has a forewing length of 2.34 cm; if the two species are comparable in size, the scale would calculate to 1.7:1 (roughly 2:1).
Miscellaneous Notes: The accompanying paperwork for this figure is mis-labeled as Nymphes myrmeleonides (although the image shows the correct species). Like other original Australian Yowies, assembly is required. To my knowledge, this is only one of two neuropterans made by major figure companies, the other being a larva of the myrmeleontid Hagenomyia micans by Kaiyodo in their Choco Q Animatales collection.

About the Animal:
Geographic distribution: Eastern Australia
Habitat: Eucalyptus forests
Diet: Larvae are predaceous on other insects and arachnids; adults presumably as well
IUCN Status (at time of posting): Not Evaluated
Miscellaneous Notes: I had trouble researching information on this species, including the full extent of its geographic distribution and habitat within Australia and feeding habits of adults. The presumed carnivorous habits of the adult are based on other members of the family Nymphidae. Larvae apparently like to hangout on the underside of Eucalyptus leaves and act as ambush predators on passer-by insects and spiders.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mathison Museum of Natural History
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next