Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!

Go down 
+15
rogerpgvg
widukind
landrover
HKHollinstone
lucky luke
Taos
A-J
costicuba
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Bonnie
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! Empty
PostSubject: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 19:18

There are some AMAZING sculptors and painters on this forum, and one of the reasons I joined STS was to practise these skills to be able to add lots of unusual breeds to my collection!
I'm going to try and sculpt alphabetically all the breeds recognised by the uk kennnel club from A-Z (And some puppies!), and then move onto AKC breeds then FCI breeds, then other breeds and then cross breeds!! Quite a big task but I'm hoping to improve from each model whilst also sharing a little overview of each breed and a fun fact. I would be so grateful if any of the incredible sculptors and painters on this forum could give me any useful tips along the way!! Very Happy
We start with this little Affenpinscher, he was supposed to be in 1:12 scale but came out a bit bigger! My first ever model so I wasn't really sure how to begin, but here he is before any paint was added:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]how to do a screenshot on a pc
And here he is with paint added and a little Schleich tag for fun!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thank you for watching! Very Happy
And now an overview of the Affenpinscher...
This breed is one of the oldest European toy dogs, and has typical terrier qualities, having been originally used as a ratter, but has now been bred down to a smaller size as a companion dog.
FUN FACT: Its name in German means monkey dog as its face looks like a monkey!
Thank you so much again everyone for STS, I am so glad that I joined and I would love to hear any top tips to improve from sculptors on this forum!! Very Happy  Very Happy

Last edited by Bonnie on Sun 06 Dec 2020, 11:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 19:27

You're only a month older than me and your sculpting and painting skills are great! Can you make me one? Smile Wink

It looks so good with the Schleich tag added, it makes it more professional

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 20:38

Ohhhhh, it is ever so beautyful cheers I love you

It seems that we have just got another great artist in this forum Applause Applause Applause

PS , - I love the tag Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 22:51

That's a beautiful and ambitious project. I am not one of the artists so I fear I can't give you good tips. However, I am sure some of our talented members will give you all support needed. If someone finds the picture with the tag without reading, that person will take a hard time to find a Schleich like this one. Laughing The pose is quite similar to Schleich Westie. It looks wonderful to me and it is a very interesting breed. To be fair, I didn't know it.
@Robert has also a project of dogs, however, they are customs. If you haven't seen yet, you can find his topics here.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020, 00:33

Very Happy very good sculpting and painting! Big congrats Bonnie! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020, 02:40

Oh wow Bonnie! Your little dog turned out absolutely amazing! I am terrible at sculpting but your details and skill are apparent. Nice job my friend! I can't wait to see more! Might I suggest you do a Decker Rat Terrier? The only organization that recognizes the breed is the UKC, the others refuse to so far. Anyhow, wonderful job again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020, 04:19

That is a lovely sculpture, speaking as another who can't sculpt! Hooray my primary breed is a 'A' breed so should be up soon!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020, 12:39

Thank you so so much everyone Very Happy Embarassed !
I'm glad you like him but it really isn't as good as some of the other amazing sculptors on here Embarassed ! Very Happy
Adam- thank you so much, I have just added a link to my website on my profile so all details are here for sculptures Very Happy ! I am raising money for a dog charity but all details are on there!
Susanne- Thank you so much for your kind words Very Happy Very Happy ! And yes I thought the tag would be fun to add, I'll have to try Papo, Bullyland and all the other companies' tags next!
Roger- Thank you so much, and it does remind me of the Schleich westie! And Roger's dogs are soooo good, thank you for sharing! Definitely inspiration there!
Caracal- Thank you, you are such an incredible painter so it is an honour to hear your kind words Very Happy Very Happy!
Paige- Thank you so much and I would definitely love to do a Decker Rat terrier like your Buck! Although if I were to do the Kennel Club, then AKC, then FCI it might be a while until I reach the UKC, so I think now I'll combine them all in one A-Z and then we'll meet some more unusual breeds sooner Very Happy Very Happy ! It would be great to try a dudley gene lab too!
Kelly- Thank you so much and I'm glad your breed will be soon- what type do you have? Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020, 21:12

Oh I love your little business!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020, 21:35

Thank you!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020, 22:24

Here's a little update as I forgot to post the puppy with the adult on the first one! And I also experimented with my own tag! Very Happy Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020, 23:27

Oh that pup is even cuter! Nice job on it as well. And your tag is lovely. sunny There are lots of amazing sculptors on forum and around other sites, but you are now one of them. And remember, you don't need to be humble about it, even better skill comes with time and I for one can't sculpt well, so your models are ever so lovely no matter what. Nice job again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 00:48

Very cute and much better with your own tag. Wink
I will move this topic to the correct section on forum.
Hmmm, a fox is a wild dog, will you ever venture on these? bounce

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 01:32

Bravo Bonnie , bravo ! Applause Applause Applause
You made this so cute '' monkey dog '', the cutest ever cheers
For your first sculpt, you did a great job and wonderful start of your big project.
And the puppy is soo lovely. They look great together.
I can see, that you have artistic sense and I am sure that every next model, will look better and better.
Just needs practise, learning from other artists ( here , or from youtube videos) , right materials, right tools ... and here we go. We will have Bonnie as our new artist on STS  Very Happy
I think, with your own tag, the models looks great.
And it is better like this, because if you continue adding tags from the other brands, like Roger said, we will start to search like crazy over the brand catalogues, where to buy them Laughing
Just joking of course Wink
Good luck with your sculpt project, have fun and we are waiting the next dog Very Happy

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 03:09

That puppy is just awesome adorable. I love it! Even better than the adult. You will go far with these dog figures!

My breed is the Australian shepherd, but the old fashioned farm dog kind not the modern show dog. My current dog is a German shepherd though. Love the herding breeds' smarts and desire to work with their person and their velcro-ness, and how they're good watchdogs too.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 10:52

Thank you, thank you everyone again!! You are so right Paige, practise makes perfect and I'm glad you like the pup! Very Happy And Roger thank you so much for moving it- so sorry for putting it in the wrong place! I would love to try wild canids too, maybe when I reach 'F' I will try a fox with a cub! I've seen your collection of foxes and it is truly amazing! Thank you so much too Kosta and I will definitely stick to my own tags in future Very Happy And definitely a great tip to look on Youtube! Thank you Kelly too and how I do love the old fashioned farm dog types, they have so much intelligence that some of these modern show dogs don't have! And Aussies are beautiful breeds too, I look forward to it! I was thinking that for breeds where there are different 'varieties' of them I should make more than one model- so for show and working dogs, or perhaps if there are many interesting colours in the breed!
Thank you once again everyone, I really appreciate it! sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 13:40

Awh they are so sweet! and it's really an exciting and a bit an ambitious project cheers
I can already image several letters of the alphabet that have so many nice dog breeds that it would be hard to choose which one to sculpt Laughing
Good luck, and I'm looking forward to seeing more doggies :)

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 13:49

Thank you so much A-J!! Very Happy And yes it is a big project but there are just too many lovely dog breeds to choose from!
I have just looked at your dog models and they really are AMAZING! So much detail and I would love any top tips you have! Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 21:57

Very Happy Wow! and now a so cute pup to go with! you are very talented Bonnie!! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 22:04

Wonderful,wonderful sculpts!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 22:08

Thank you so much Caracal and Taos Very Happy Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyWed 21 Oct 2020, 09:00

Ohhh, that puppy I love you drunken

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyWed 21 Oct 2020, 11:23

Thank you Susanne! sunny
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyWed 21 Oct 2020, 14:27

Congratulations Bonnie Very Happy Applause cheers
your first two dogs are adorable, well sculpted and well painted! Cool
for your project I look forward to seeing your upcoming dog species bounce drunken study
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! EmptyWed 21 Oct 2020, 14:37

Thank you Luke! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!   Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnie's A-Z of Dog Sculptures- Update Abruzesse Sheepdog!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next