Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?

Go down 
+2
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? Empty
PostSubject: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 9:56 am

I really hope this is in the right place! I have had this question for quite a long time and I hope I'm not the only one who struggles with this! I think this is mostly relevant to Schleich figures, but I'm sure others too- how do you get the figures you want from big sets when it is only one figure that you need? An example from this year is that Schleich have released 2 sets- a big horse show with a repaint of their German shepherd puppy, and a horse carriage with a white chihuahua, a repaint from their puppies set- and of course it is only the doggies from these two that I need Very Happy Very Happy ! I would love any top tips- I'm not sure whether Schleich would just send me these too if I asked- probably not! But I would really appreciate ay help! sunny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 10:57 am

You could buy the whole set and sell the other figures. Other collectors may have a similar problem as you have and just want the horses rather than the dog. If the other figures are quite attractive, you probably won't lose much money.

Sandspielfiguren often sells figures from sets separately: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 11:30 am

Thank you so, so much Roger this is really useful! That is such a good idea to sell separately, and I have just looked at Sandspielfiguren and wish I found it before, it has many dogs I'm looking for! Thank you again!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 5:46 pm

Unlikely the brand will send the figure you want if it belongs to a set. Roger is already giving you the best tips. Sometimes we also get something together. I mean, let's suppose you know someone that is only interested in those horses and not the dogs, dividing the expenses, it may help. However, it is always good to calculate it considering someone has to send some pieces of the set to another person and it may not compensate. It is not always easy to find someone only interested in what we are not but it sometimes happens. I am currently acquiring part of a set with two other members on forum.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Putting up a 'Searching For' thread in the Classifieds may help. As Roger and Crogerio have pointed out, others may have gotten the set not wanting the dogs particularly, or be willing to split the purchase of a set with you for the other parts. (Horses seem to attract more collectors than dogs, you're on the right side of the equation!)

Or, awhile after the set's release, the various components will probably start turning up in lots online or at flea markets etc. In the same vein, keep an eye out on people's sales threads here. Lots of 'extras' from sets pop up.

If you're persistent, you will find the dogs you want. I recently purchased a dog from a Schleich horse set from another member here- it was a great transaction, and I got my dog for a reasonable price!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 1:37 am

Ohh, yes !!!
Schleich has become SO darned irritating in that way lately !!!
For  instance the little beagles, which come in TWO enormously expensive sets Suspect

I have just ordered the whole set with the border collie in order to get the dog, but in this case I think I can sell the rest and not loose a lot. Very Happy

But recently I found the little long haired chihuahua at a very reasonable price from the 2017 calender on a second-hand site.

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 4:11 am

Oh thank you so much Roger, Kelly and Susanne! So many kind people on this forum with so much experience with this! sunny
Roger- splitting the set a very good idea, I had never thought of it so thank you! Very Happy , and Kelly you are right I'm sure there are more people wanting the horses from this set so I'll have to see, and maybe put it on the 'searching for' thread too! Very Happy And Susanne I completely understand that, these little dogs in these HUGE sets! And I have also seen the chihuahua quite a lot on Ebay, so hopefully in a few years time these dogs also will appear separately for sale Very Happy !
Thank you once again everyone!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Don't steal the dogs on Sanspielfiguren that I want Wink

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Very Happy Don't worry, as much as I love them and would get them if I could, I usually can only add to my collection on birthdays and at Christmas, or if I make a bit of money from my business!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?   How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Get the Figures You Want in Sets?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: