Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what are these canids?

Go down 
+5
Advicot
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Caracal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

what are these canids? Empty
PostSubject: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 12:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What are these bazar canids?.. wolves?.. fantasy dogs?.. from which set?.. which brand?..
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 12:54 pm

they look like barking/'aggressive' domestic dogs. Who made them and from what set, I cannot help :). But they look like 'junkyard dogs'.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 1:05 pm

Hmmm difficult- there is definitely something wolf-like about them as I haven't met many brands that make dogs as looking aggressive, although this could be a possibility. Can you remember where you got them from as that might give you a clue? In a way they remind me of this vintage wolf pack [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so perhaps another wolf pack set similar to this? scratch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 1:22 pm

They look a bit similar to the nayab wild dog set. Style wise I mean. But I've never seen these before. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 2:38 pm

I have a blue ish coloured one, with the same mould as the black figure you have

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 5:46 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
they look like barking/'aggressive' domestic dogs. Who made them and from what set, I cannot help :). But they look like 'junkyard dogs'.

they coul be but they have no collar.. Thank you Blaine :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 5:51 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Hmmm difficult- there is definitely something wolf-like about them as I haven't met many brands that make dogs as looking aggressive, although this could be a possibility. Can you remember where you got them from as that might give you a clue? In a way they remind me of this vintage wolf pack [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so perhaps another wolf pack set similar to this? scratch Very Happy

.. I got them in different flea markets so they seem to have been rather common figurines.. Thank you for the link which shows chinese copies of Britains wolf with longer ears and thank you for your help! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 5:54 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
They look a bit similar to the nayab wild dog set. Style wise I mean. But I've never seen these before. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You're right Paige, they look a bit to Nayab canids, specialy the coyote.. Thank you for that link! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Advicot wrote:
I have a blue ish coloured one, with the same mould as the black figure you have

.. and do you remember how did you get it? :)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 11:13 pm

Alain, I think these are unbranded china models.
I also have one in grey colour . And I believe, that it mast be a presentation of wolf.
I also think, that this model can be customized in different canids ...especially from your hands Very Happy

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 3:36 am

Thank you Kosta! How did you guess I wanted to customise them?!.. Laughing

Last edited by Caracal on Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 4:46 am

Oh yes please customise them!! Very Happy Very Happy bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 5:25 am

I do Alain, I got it in a trade with Taylor, he also has the figure I believe

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Yes,I have this model and I would think its just a generic model of a Grey wolf.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 2:29 pm

Thank you Bonnie, Adam and Taos! So, it's a common chinese unbranded replica of wolf!

Very Happy Many thanks to you all, I think they will be soon dire wolves!..
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Very exciting, can't wait! bounce
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm

found! the white ones are wolves from WEI NI DA brand!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(picture from a seller on Ebay)

I suppose thes black ones are wolves too..

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 4:24 am

'Superior quality' Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 4:35 am

That was a lucky find cheers

Well, not even with the most positive attitude we can call the models "superior" , but it is superiorly interesting ! Wink
Not least the box !
I hope you leave the box as it is ? Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 6:07 am

Hurray- found! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 am

Thank you Adam, Susane and Bonnie! :)

Adam, we already knew they were chinese low quality production but weren't sure if they were wolves or dogs. We know now they belong to a set of wild animals and thus are wolves!.. bad wolves of course that I customised in dire wolves at a good scale for me, as you will see in "outdoor pictures" today.. :)

Susane I don't have this set, the picture is from a seller on Ebay, I forgot to indicate that and I am going to do it just below the photo! :)

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 6:32 am

Ooh exciting!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 8:34 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 9:05 am

Great detective work!Had to laugh at the' superior' models and the wording!!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 9:40 am

Thank you Adam, Andreas and Taos! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what are these canids?   what are these canids? Empty

Back to top Go down

what are these canids?
Page 1 of 1