Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wing Crown Animal Figures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Wing Crown Animal Figures Empty
PostSubject: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptySun 25 Oct 2020, 13:21

I have finally created a post with information on the Wing Crown models of my collection for the TAW Very Happy sorry it took so long! Wing Crown is a company that have made many plastic animals over the years, and although their quality is low compared to that of the major brands, which is why they are pretty cheap, but they may have some figures that are of interest to collectors. You can read more about the company and what figures they have on offer here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Generally the molds are alright, and so they may be of interest if you enjoy repainting models, as sometimes the painting can go very wrong with their figures! Very Happy I think they are quite well known for their dinosaurs, but they have farm, sea, wild, reptile and insect ranges. Looking through their products, some of their models are copies from major brands, but they may be of interest to any collectors who like to have a complete collection of a certain species, and don't care whether the animal if badly made or not! Generally the older variations are better than the more modern ones. Firstly, here are my dinosaurs:
I think that of all Wing Crown's models, their dinosaurs are the best (For all the models, the older variant is shown on the left):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload photos
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]post image
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And now for the wild animals, older variants on left:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]image hosting
A rather strange orange lion here!:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]russian image host
And finally the farm animals:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload img
A rather frightening donkey!:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload pic
And of course my favourite is this rough collie, which I actually think has one of the best molds I have seen in this breed, but I'm going to try and find another to repaint:

Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptySun 25 Oct 2020, 14:13

Thanks a lot Bonnie for opening this topic. I am bookmarking it to not forget to put your pictures at the Toy Animal Wiki.On STS-Forum, we have collectors that enjoy figures of all levels of quality and you know I am one of them. We also love to know about all brands and Wing Crown is not an exception.
Also, you are right, sometimes these brands reserve to us some really good surprises as it is the rough collie, very nice sculpt and I hope you find another one and show it repainted on forum.
Are these figures marked in any way? Do they have anything to help identifying the brand and also animal name or other information? What's the dino after the apatosaurus?

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptySun 25 Oct 2020, 15:11

Thank you Roger and I'm glad I could help Very Happy ! I looked underneath the farm and wild animals and all they said was 'China' and the name of the animal- but for some reason for the dinosaurs all it said was 'China' and there wasn't a name for the species...
I must admit I'm not an expert on dinosaurs so I'm not sure... maybe another dinosaur expert on the forum can help? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptySun 25 Oct 2020, 15:21

Looking at the Wing Crown website, a lot appear to be shared sculpts with other brands, most-notable Toy Major and Nayab (at least judging by the insects). My guess is that Toy Crown deals with the same producers of a lot of the 'chinamals' that show up with other brands. It does not mean they are knockoffs, could just be using the same original producers.

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sun 25 Oct 2020, 22:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptySun 25 Oct 2020, 15:24

Ohhh ok thanks for this Blaine! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptySun 25 Oct 2020, 21:15

Bonnie wrote:
Thank you Roger and I'm glad I could help Very Happy ! I looked underneath the farm and wild animals and all they said was 'China' and the name of the animal- but for some reason for the dinosaurs all it said was 'China' and there wasn't a name for the species...
I must admit I'm not an expert on dinosaurs so I'm not sure... maybe another dinosaur expert on the forum can help? Very Happy

It is probably a velociraptor but you are feeding too much your dinos. Laughing Thanks once more. flower

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptySun 25 Oct 2020, 21:38

Laughing I am always happy to help the wonderful TAW!
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020, 16:12

I have a dinosaur almost identical to your green one, and on the belly it says "Yaverlandia." A very unusual choice.

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020, 16:24

Oh thank you so much for this and I'm sure Roger will add it on the TAW! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020, 17:30

He is free to use my photo if he wishes.

There's a set I'm curious about but I've never managed to find for sale:

They're on Wing Crown's web site here (http://www.wingcrown.com/mobile/showpro.php?id=267) but I don't think you can buy direct unless you're a retailer ordering by the pallet.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020, 18:02

Thanks for sharing that

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020, 18:06

Thank you Andreas! Very Happy
Halichoeres- I actually haven't seen them in my usual Wing Crown shop but they look very good. I'll keep a look out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020, 01:48

halichoeres wrote:
I have a dinosaur almost identical to your green one, and on the belly it says "Yaverlandia." A very unusual choice.

Oh, of course it is a Yaverlandia. How couldn't I guess it before asking Bonnie? pale tongue
I am kidding, I've never heard about it and if I had, I'd think it was a kind of fairy tales theme park.
Many thanks Halich and good luck finding these cool Wing Crown models. I like the guy on bottom left but obviously the smile of the guy on top left is much more charming. :)
By the way, all models here presented are now on TAW and obviously it is the first yaverlandia ever added.

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020, 02:30

Ha ha ha, it wouldn't surprise me if there are copies of this same mold stamped "Velociraptor" or "Deinonychus" or something else familiar. Hard to know with these dime store dinosaurs :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020, 12:54

halichoeres wrote:
Ha ha ha, it wouldn't surprise me if there are copies of this same mold stamped "Velociraptor" or "Deinonychus" or something else familiar. Hard to know with these dime store dinosaurs :)

If it was not your post, I was just ready to list it as an inflated velociraptor. geek
Do you have a Wing Crown anchisaurus, don't you?

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020, 17:03

I do! It's quite homely:

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020, 21:47

A cute dinosaur! Very Happy Is it from Wing Crown's cartoon range by any chance? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020, 21:57

Yes, it is. I've also seen it sold under the brand name Gosnell, although mine is actually stamped "Wing Crown" in ink underneath.

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020, 22:05

That's the thing with some of the models made in China- I often see the same one sold by different brands! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020, 00:41

halichoeres wrote:
I do! It's quite homely:

Laughing Lovely dino. It is still the best of its species. tongue Thanks!

PostSubject: Re: Wing Crown Animal Figures   Wing Crown Animal Figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Wing Crown Animal Figures
Page 1 of 1