Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barasingha project

Go down 
+8
littlebear
SUSANNE
Taos
widukind
Roger
Bonnie
Advicot
lucky luke
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Barasingha project  Empty
PostSubject: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 11:17 am

The barasingha or Duvaucel deer or swamp deer is a deer from India and Nepal. The name of this species recalls that of Alfred Duvaucel, French naturalist Very Happy Wink

My friends in my collection of deer, I had a great wish to try to make this magical animal to display it with my tigers in diplay, when this project was carried out.
First find some beautiful pictures of this deer. Very Happy cheers study rendeer drunken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then decide on a pose, which is more difficult.  Rolling Eyes  scratch  study
I finally spotted a pose that totally seduced me,
not on a photo of a naturalist, photographer but of a simple drawing! bounce drunken Shocked

The choice is now found more than to pass this drawing from dream to reality, I couldn't get it out of my head since I saw it.
He has a judicious pose, Cool
because none of my cervids pose this dynamic. WAHOO!  geek  jocolor  bounce
Fantastic, the project can finally start!   arrow  affraid

lol!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 11:24 am

I am ever so excited for the result!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 11:41 am

Oh this will be so exciting can't wait!! bounce bounce
And that pose is just so beautiful, it will look amazing! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 12:30 pm

Considering you want to display it together with tigers, I think it won’t be hard to get that challening pose, luckily you can get it naturally. Wink
That is an exciting project, these antlers, these legs, teh fur and those beautiful ears. Very good choice, other deer species deserve atention.
I am really excited about it! bounce

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 3:16 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Very exciting!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 5:39 pm

Luc, this is cruel Suspect Laughing

I can not wait to see what you are making !!! cheers

lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Very Happy cheers cheers cheers cheers Rolling Eyes

I already thank everyone for this enthusiasm for my project;
Not that I do it on purpose to feed my tigers, but I already have two close to pouncing from Papo;
My team at the Big Home Safari Animals Replicas has already captured hunting scenes with tigers.
Antelope Cervicapre and Nilgaut from Collecta and Indian Gaur from Mojö

Maybe a panther would also be welcome to take this safari photos!
I have an African from Schleich who feeds her young with a Schleich's thomson gazelle too.

Enough joked, here is the structure of the animal, I used a wine stopper for the inside of the body and use less mass and make it lighter!
For the moment nothing complicated, the woods are included in the structure, we will see later: I often see my friends, they often fit together parts and model them separately;
Perhaps learn this technique which undoubtedly facilitates the assembly and especially the molding.
I would study and learn this technique later when I progressed in sculpting and modeling.
I send you an image of my cervid and leave you because my wine uncorked for the cork begins to take effect and my gestures are less precise ...
I even start to say goodnight until next time.

Very Happy Idea cheers Laughing rendeer jocolor bounce study clown drunken Wink Sleep

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 1:00 pm

WOW!! You have only done the wire and it already looks amazing!! I'm so so excited to see what happens next!! bounce bounce Applause
Back to top Go down
littlebear

littlebear

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: animals figurines   Barasingha project  EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Dear Lucky luke
the BARASINGHA IT IS A BEAUTIFULL DEER.THE PAUSE YOU CHOCE IS JUST PERFECT.wHAT WILL BE THE SCALE OF YOUR
BEAUTIFUL DEER.hAVE A GOOD TIME TO MAKE IT.i WISH YOU THE BEST.iF YOU MAKE SOME COPY i WILL BE INTERRESTED TO BUY ONE
LITTLEBEAR

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 1:14 am

I am loving this new technics. The wire, pieces of wood, bottles of wine and some cork! Laughing Am I considering to start sculpting? :drunk: Nooo. affraid
We are already seeing the start of a great design and please do not put wings in this model, OK? :)

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 9:40 am

Thank you very much my friends for your encouragement!  Very Happy  cheers  cheers  I love you
Little Bear, yes I chose a dynamic pose in relation to my collection of deer.  study rendeer
As for a copy, it's a bit premature, I've never made a copy and I think it will be a real headache given the complexity of the subject.  scratch  Shocked  Rolling Eyes
As I often see in sculpture professionals, many subjects are made up of associated elements for assembly after molding!  Mad  study
On the other hand, if someone offers me to mold prototypes,  
Pm me  Wink

Rogerio as far as the wings are concerned, no I promise you it is excluded except if you want a mythological or fantastic figure that can be done.  Laughing
As for home made wings, I'll keep you in suspense for 2021 perhaps. Very Happy Cool cheers farao lol!
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 3:39 pm

My friends, here is my project which is progressing, I am starting to revamp the body and give it shape. Smile
Excuse the photos are not too great, because I use my laptop. Rolling Eyes
It is always an immense joy to create something from nothing a project, a sculpture, a drawing a recipe  ... Wink  study
my barhasinga slowly comes to life ......!  cheers  bounce  drunken

I'll let it dry quietly then get back to it Sleep rendeer
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Your Barhasingha looks beautiful now- it gets better and better with every step! Very Happy Applause Applause cheers
What an amazing sculpture and I am really looking forward to see how it progresses next! Very Happy bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Thanks a lot Bonnie, can't wait too Smile cheers flower
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 6:58 pm

This weekend I worked on it, let's see what it says with a magnificent Papo tiger ready to pounce on its prey!  Shocked  What a Face  affraid
poor barhasinga, maybe he'll be able to free himself!  scratch  bounce
Anyway he still has to get under my hands,  Very Happy
he already has a proud look Wink

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 7:05 pm

Beautiful model, it already looks so wonderfully good! cheers Applause Very Happy
And poor Barhasinga! Shocked
Can't wait to see what happens next with your model! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Wow, never thought the tiger could be used like that! Laughing I hope Will ever Papo make a lioness in that same pose?
However, the big star here is your deer, it is wonderful and I am glad it is not a tigress instead. pale Allez, allez Jean! Allez, allez Jean! We want more! bounce bounce

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 7:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am

Thanks a lot my friends.  cheers  cheers  cheers  
Yesterday I advanced a bit on my model, coat structures and the base, wood.  Smile
Happy because my dream is taking shape; this morning I woke up a Schleich panther to pose with my barasinga, shame Rogério she remains passive,  Wink
it is for the comparison of the size of the deer!  study

bouncedrunken
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 1:41 pm

It's getting so good, more and more detailed, and with such amazing fur texture!! Very Happy Applause cheers
I'm really excited to see what happens next! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Bonnie wrote:
It's getting so good, more and more detailed, and with such amazing fur texture!! Very Happy Applause cheers
I'm really excited to see what happens next! bounce bounce

Thank you Bonnie cheers , you have to be a little patient, because I work in successive layers, and I now wait for it to dry and harden unlike sulpey that you have to bake in the oven, it's a choice! Smile
Is this the correct one? scratch
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 6:10 pm

I use sculpey but i think you have definitely made the right choice because it already looks so so good! cheers
You must have a lot of patience! and talent! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Oh it's larger than I expected but this is another figure of yours I want, and there's not even paint on it yet!

Lovely as always

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 7:03 pm

Very Happy Waow! verey beautiful deer with thin legs, antlers and a very natural (and difficult!) attitude. It fits very well with this tiger from Papo and I am impatient to see it with its colours! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barasingha project    Barasingha project  Empty

Back to top Go down

Barasingha project
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next