Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sort sol in autumn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 3:15 am

Sort sol is what we call the phenomena when starlings make incredible formations in the sky in autumn before sunset . The words mean black sun.  sunny

A young, Danish photographer has travelled round Europe and has taken some breathtaking photos  Very Happy
The text is in Danish, but the pictures are international Wink

spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 3:26 am

Oh, the photos are amazing Susanne but the revelation for me was the meaning of the phrase. I never thought to look for it in Danish. Sort Sol is the name of my favourite Danish post-punk band.  Shocked Shocked

I'm glad I know what it means now and it actually makes sense..
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 4:15 am

Those photos are so so amazing and beautiful! Very Happy
So many starlings, and some of the shapes are quite incredible, one of them even looked slightly like a dog!
Thank you so much for sharing these! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 9:07 am

spacelab wrote:
.....Sort Sol is the name of my favourite Danish post-punk band. Shocked Shocked

Yes ! I love that band also Laughing
Here they are, the +60 years old guys , playing for the Danish crownprince and his family in 2018 sunny

The one-armed singer is bit rusty, but still worth listening to drunken

Bonnie wrote:
... and some of the shapes are quite incredible, one of them even looked slightly like a dog!

Glad you like them too Very Happy
Laughing I thought it looks like a racoon, but of course it could also be a dog cheers

spacelab

spacelab

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 10:20 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Yes ! I love that band also  Laughing
Here they are, the +60 years old guys , playing for the Danish crownprince and his family in 2018  sunny

The one-armed singer is bit rusty, but still worth listening to  drunken

That was such a surprise! To be honest I didn't know they reformed and still playing.. I "left" them in the 80's.
Actually I don't know how popular they were in Denmark, to play for the Danish crownprince should mean they were. I always have them in mind as complete outsiders. In Greece they are completely unknown, it's only because of a 7" single they released in the London based 4AD Records that some people heard of them.
I adore their first album "Under En Sort Sol" that came out in 1980, in case you or a friend has the original LP you should know it's extremely rare and pricey these days..

I'm soooo out of topic, I know. It's not that often I can find a Danish girl to talk about music. Wink
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Wowwww, sooo amazing photos. These starlings are real artists !
Absolutelly beautiful!
And I liked the song of Sort Sol band too :)
Thank you very much for sharing Susanne.
And greetings to Space with that song :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 1:34 pm

spacelab wrote:

I'm soooo out of topic, I know. It's not that often I can find a Danish girl to talk about music. Wink  

Thanks for calling me "girl" Wink

I think SortSol does not play regularly anymore.
But this was the prince' s 50 years birthday, and he probably loved Sort Sol in his youth .Very Happy
We Danes adore our prince and his princess who is from Tasmania and their 4 surprisingly normal children king queen king queen king queen Laughing .

By the way : Do you know that our queen's little sister used to be queen of Greece ? queen

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 1:44 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
spacelab wrote:
.....Sort Sol is the name of my favourite Danish post-punk band.  Shocked Shocked

Yes ! I love that band also  Laughing
Here they are, the +60 years old guys , playing for the Danish crownprince and his family in 2018  sunny

The one-armed singer is bit rusty, but still worth listening to  drunken

Bonnie wrote:
... and some of the shapes are quite incredible, one of them even looked slightly like a dog!

Glad you like them too Very Happy
Laughing I thought it looks like a racoon, but of course it could also be a dog cheers
It does actually look like a raccoon! Very Happy
But knowing me I automatically thought 'dog'! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
spacelab

spacelab

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 2:02 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Thanks for calling me "girl" Wink

I think SortSol does not play regularly anymore.
But this was the prince' s 50 years birthday, and he probably loved Sort Sol in his youth .Very Happy
We Danes adore our prince and his princess who is from Tasmania and their 4 surprisingly normal children king queen king queen king queen Laughing .

By the way : Do you know that our queen's little sister used to be queen of Greece ? queen

Sure, I know Anna-Maria, she still lives here!
There's just boys and girls when I think about or listen to music.  Same for our collecting hobby I suppose. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sort sol in autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sort sol in autumn   Sort sol in autumn Empty

Back to top Go down

Sort sol in autumn
Page 1 of 1